Default Godzilla vs. the Icon of Sin

*Potential spoilers for Doom Eternal ahead, especially for those who are waiting for the Switch port*

The final boss of Doom Eternal takes on film Godzilla in an abandoned New York City.

Size equalized for all fights.

Round I) Original 1954 Godzilla vs. the Icon of Sin.

Round II) Post-1954 Showa Godzilla vs. the Icon of Sin.

Round III) GMK Godzilla vs. the Icon of Sin.

Round IV) Final Wars Godzilla vs. The Icon of Sin.

Round V) Burning/Meltdown Godzilla vs. the Icon of Sin.

Round VI) 1998 Godzilla vs. The Icon of Sin.

Round VII) Cyber-Godzilla (Godzilla: TAS) vs. The Icon of Sin.

Round VIII) Godzilla Jr. (Godzilla: TAS) vs. The Icon of Sin.

Round IX) Millennium Godzilla vs. The Icon of Sin.

Round X) Godzilla (Legendary MonsterVerse) vs. The Icon of Sin.

In Doom Eternal, the only thing that was able to stop the Icon of Sin was when the Doom Slayer spoilers:
    (revealed to be the very same character as the Doomguy from the original continuity) plunged the Crucible into its exposed brain.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post

In Doom Eternal, the only thing that was able to stop the Icon of Sin was when the Doom Slayer spoilers:
    (revealed to be the very same character as the Doomguy from the original continuity) plunged the Crucible into its exposed brain.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that's a no limits fallacy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Err the Icon of Sin has been killed before via rockets to the brain in Doom2. In Eternal he was resurrected and the blade to brain has become a point.

So yeah I think Godzilla takes him down.

And yeah Doom 1-2, 64, 16, and Eternal is one big time line.

Edit: And yeah it was common knowledge Doom Guy is slayer in 16. In Eternal shows flash back of how.

And it still stands, Icon was killed by rockets to the brain and in Eternsl his body could be harmed by other weapons. Godzilla still hits pretty damn hard.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-23-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Geezer guys it hasn't been a week yet. I haven't even finished the game yet!

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Err the Icon of Sin has been killed before via rockets to the brain in Doom2. In Eternal he was resurrected and the blade to brain has become a point.

So yeah I think Godzilla takes him down.

And yeah Doom 1-2, 64, 16, and Eternal is one big time line.

Edit: And yeah it was common knowledge Doom Guy is slayer in 16. In Eternal shows flash back of how.

And it still stands, Icon was killed by rockets to the brain and in Eternsl his body could be harmed by other weapons. Godzilla still hits pretty damn hard.
    To be fair, the whole Doomguy = Doom Slayer thing was just a fan theory that Doom Eternal confirmed.

But yeah, I'm not sure on how some versions of Godzilla could break through his armor.

Not to mention that the Icon of Sin can summon demons to at least distract Godzilla. Sure, many of the demons that the Icon of Sin wouldn't be able to do much--but if the strongest demons that it can summon can hit like a tank round, it will at least bother (Legendary) Godzilla. Sure, it might be the equivalent of a mosquito bite to a human, but get enough mosquitoes biting you at the same time, and that will definitely grab your attention.

I think most versions of Godzilla should be fine here.

Final Wars Godzilla at least would utterly pimpslap it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, the whole Doomguy = Doom Slayer thing was just a fan theory that Doom Eternal confirmed.

But yeah, I'm not sure on how some versions of Godzilla could break through his armor.

Not to mention that the Icon of Sin can summon demons to at least distract Godzilla. Sure, many of the demons that the Icon of Sin wouldn't be able to do much--but if the strongest demons that it can summon can hit like a tank round, it will at least bother (Legendary) Godzilla. Sure, it might be the equivalent of a mosquito bite to a human, but get enough mosquitoes biting you at the same time, and that will definitely grab your attention.
    Honestly, the equivalent would probably be something less than a mosquito bite. Legendary Godzilla is kinda ridiculous and can just annihilate most of the demons summoned in one blast.

Then there's the Godzilla from Godzilla in Hell. I'm pretty sure that the Icon of Sin is familiar with that version and wants nothing to do with him.

All-New Member

You're not sure how Godzilla will break through his armor? Godzilla and his enemies survives the force from nuclear bombs, bunker busting missiles, and every other weapon of mass destruction without being *hurt*. And Godzilla and his enemies blast and rip each other.

You can shoot the Icon of Sin's armor and flesh off with a machine gun.

And demons are going to distract Godzilla? What? Godzilla won't even care about them. He won't even feel their attacks.

Tanks?

https://youtu.be/suURUXGLJRQ

They're less than mosquito bites because those actually penetrate our skin. These tanks at the end of clip fire a dozen shots that have no effect whatsoever.

The Icon of Skin might be able to beat '98 Zilla, I guess.

All the other Godzilla's can probably plausibly step on him and kill him.
    Last edited by Cantget; 03-25-2020 at 07:17 AM.