Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Anyone else think it's funny DC refuses to make an actual timeline?
    They certainly had an actual timeline for 5G, but once that got scuttled, I understand why they decided wait until after whatever Death Metal accomplishes in terms of their overall continuity to publish that timeline since it won't be used any longer. If the rumors are correct, and I believe they mostly are, then a definitive timeline as we got during Zero Hour would be somewhat redundant because the DCU will using a more malleable continuity moving forward.

I think we'll get a broad strokes retelling of the overall history of the various superhero eras, but a year by year timeline nailing specific characters and events down to stated numbers of years ago would be counterproductive to what they're trying to accomplish.

Hypertime appears to be the plan, with one main timeline that is constantly getting tweaked as alternate hypertime streams split off while others join the main river that is the primary DCU. Once again, Grant Morrison was decades ahead of the game and people are just catching up to him now.

1938 to 1940

The ancient times of the DCU

This will about do it in terms of updates until the dust from Death Metal and Future State settles.

I think that’s all the major beats of the DCU over the past 80+ years.

It’s time for another update. I have expanded each era to give them each their own visual timeline, rather than try to squeeze the entirety of the Pre-Crisis era into one section.

Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 01-26-2021 at 07:32 PM.

'The Crisis Age'. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'The Crisis Age'. Perfect.
    I have since tweaked that to “The Age of Crisis”, which feels appropriately pretentious enough to encapsulate the chaotic cluster#@&* that Didio loved so much

Because my obsessive-compulsive tinkering knows no limits, here’s another small update to include the various incarnations of Cheetah (since the WW stuff is sorely underserved), plus the Silver Age Joker & Lois Lane, Bronze Age Catwoman, and the Cassandra Cain Batgirl & Spoiler, along with a few minor upgrades for some low resolution pics

Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 02-07-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Did a bit of clean up to the overall timeline to include a few characters I had omitted like Bumblebee, whose stock has certainly risen thanks to DC Super Hero Girls and the Other History of the DC Universe. Sorry, Mal, you’ve been overlooked once again
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 02-08-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

The ancient times of the DCU
    Nice, this one is great. I always thought a story with some overlap between those characters/eras would be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Nice, this one is great. I always thought a story with some overlap between those characters/eras would be really interesting.
    Thanks! Endless Winter played a bit with this idea, which is where I snagged this new shot of Shazam, and I would guess that we’ll be seeing more of that era’s crossovers now that Hippolyta and Black Adam are members of the League.

I took Robanker’s advice and added Bane breaking the Bat to the end of the Dark Age. I also added Nubia to the Bronze Age given how important that character is likely to become soon.

All-New Member

I'm sure this has occurred to you, but it's wild that you've essentially been documenting the Linearverse before the Linearverse was revealed or announced.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omn View Post
    I'm sure this has occurred to you, but it's wild that you've essentially been documenting the Linearverse before the Linearverse was revealed or announced.
    DC ripped off the Linearverse idea from Bored.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Thanks! Endless Winter played a bit with this idea, which is where I snagged this new shot of Shazam, and I would guess that we’ll be seeing more of that era’s crossovers now that Hippolyta and Black Adam are members of the League.
    Greg Weisman who helmed the YJ show actually played with Black Adam and Hippolyta being members of an ancient version of Vandal Savage's Light along with Nabu and Arion (in opposition to Hawkman/Hawkgirl's incarnationations) in one of his unofficial scripts that he wrote for a convention.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-09-2021 at 11:10 AM.