Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    The best part of this timeline is it’s usage of crisis events to extend lifespans rather than reboot history

It’s so much simpler than a floating timeline or multiple continuities

These are the same guys

DC should really consider using this as a model for their next reboot

A anti-crisis event where the DC history is restored and embraces the fact that the DC universe isn’t a floating timeline disconnected from history
    Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

While I think a lot of these stories work best when kept in the time periods for which they were written, I also think there's something to be said for keeping these old characters fresh and modern enough to appeal to younger audiences. However, I think that can be accomplished by creating new Ultimate/Earth-One style sandboxes for new origins of DC & Marvel characters that are only designed to last for a few years before being folded back into the main timeline with any new additions they discover along the way, like Miles Morales.

I suspect that Jon Kent, Jace Fox and Yara Flor will eventually be spun off to their own Earth at some point as well to give them space to be their own heroes without constantly being compared to their older, more iconic predecessors.

I’ve updated the Multiverse of outside media adaptations, of which there are a staggering number.

I’ve fully purged the stank of Identity Crisis from the Bronze Age period (don’t worry anyone who still loves that story, it still exists as something Perpetua’s tinkering with the DCU caused). I’ve also added the earliest DC/Marvel crossovers and the Monitor’s satellite, which was a mysterious subplot of 80s DC comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I’ve fully purged the stank of Identity Crisis from the Bronze Age period (don’t worry anyone who still loves that story, it still exists as something Perpetua’s tinkering with the DCU caused). I’ve also added the earliest DC/Marvel crossovers and the Monitor’s satellite, which was a mysterious subplot of 80s DC comics.

You should really streamline the new 52 era of time shenanigans like Superman: reborn had done by recontexualizing that era as the superheroes becoming angry and depressed because of real world events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    You should really streamline the new 52 era of time shenanigans like Superman: reborn had done by recontexualizing that era as the superheroes becoming angry and depressed because of real world events.
    I think Johns already recontexualized the New 52 with Doomsday Clock pretty well. While I thought that series was pretty disappointing as a whole, I was very satisfied by Johns reveal of what exactly the New 52 era was--an experiment conducted by Doctor Manhattan to make the DCU more "relatable" to his darker, more cynical world view. I can't imagine being able to top that in terms of meta commentary

Because my OCD knows no bounds and sleeping is for sissies, I have tweaked this further to include J’Onn, Lois & Ryan Wilder in the Arrowverse/CW section (I also adjusted Stargirl to look more like the actress). I also added Starfire & Beast Boy to the HBO Max DC shows. And The Rock as Krypto is now right next to Pattison’s Batman.

…and Lucifer, Pennyworth, Smolett’s Black Canary, John Wesley Shipp’s Flash, and the various Trinities from the 50s to 00s.

Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 09-16-2021 at 05:11 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Nice slipping in the classic crossovers with Marvel.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Nice slipping in the classic crossovers with Marvel.

Thank yew.

I think I'm only going to include Superman vs. Spider-Man, Batman vs. Hulk and New Teen Titans & X-Men from the 80s and Busiek & Perez's wonderful JLAvengers from the early 2000s. The rest were pretty underwhelming or downright terrible in my view.

That said...I might include Byrne's Batman/Captain America team-up during WW2 in there

Were there any others worth including?

Thank yew.

I think I'm only going to include Superman vs. Spider-Man, Batman vs. Hulk and New Teen Titans & X-Men from the 80s and Busiek & Perez's wonderful JLAvengers from the early 2000s. The rest were pretty underwhelming or downright terrible in my view.

That said...I might include Byrne's Batman/Captain America team-up during WW2 in there

Were there any others worth including?
    Just because they were set during a critical time in Batman's modern continuity, perhaps that pair of BATMAN/PUNISHER crossovers.

Just because they were set during a critical time in Batman's modern continuity, perhaps that pair of BATMAN/PUNISHER crossovers.

I don't think I'd want to complicate the summary of Knightfall further by mentioning crossovers with alternate Earths. Best to keep it short and succinct. However, there's certainly room to include those stories in between panels so to speak if anyone wants to.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don't think I'd want to complicate the summary of Knightfall further by mentioning crossovers with alternate Earths. Best to keep it short and succinct. However, there's certainly room to include those stories in between panels so to speak if anyone wants to.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Maybe that's the next project, Bored: the timeline of DC/Marvel crossovers.

Maybe that's the next project, Bored: the timeline of DC/Marvel crossovers.

Maybe when they invent a 28 hour day

Maybe when they invent a 28 hour day
    It could get potentially interesting because while time has rebooted numerous times for the DC characters since that first meeting between Superman and Spider-Man in 1976, Marvel time has NOT rebooted in any permanent way. The Marvel characters will remember the DC characters being a bit different every time they meet them. Even Joker was a bit confused about whether or not he had met Spidey before 1995.

It could get potentially interesting because while time has rebooted numerous times for the DC characters since that first meeting between Superman and Spider-Man in 1976, Marvel time has NOT rebooted in any permanent way. The Marvel characters will remember the DC characters being a bit different every time they meet them. Even Joker was a bit confused about whether or not he had met Spidey before 1995.

I forget, did Busiek have anyone on either side remember meeting the previous DC/Marvel meetings in JLAvengers?

I forget, did Busiek have anyone on either side remember meeting the previous DC/Marvel meetings in JLAvengers?
    I don't recall any. Everybody on both sides acted as if they had never heard of each other before that confrontation, which is no surprise for the DC characters considering all their continuity reboots, but it's weird that nobody on the Marvel side remembered. Hawkeye jokingly derided the Justice League as bad Squadron Supreme wannabes, however.

Now during the story, after Krona merged the DC and Marvel universes, members of the Justice League and Avengers began having phantom memories of past team-ups in the tradition of the old JLA/JSA team-ups (except the JLA was playing the JSA role). Only Superman and Captain America sensed that something wasn't quite right.