Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I made a few more tweaks to the potential futures to add the Time Trapper at the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Are you going to have every character up?
    Last edited by TheRay; 10-30-2020 at 02:08 PM.

The Hard Traveling Heroes, the Fourth World and the Horror revival

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Are you going to have every character up?
    Am I going to include a picture of every single DC character in the history? I don't think so. For instance, there are several Old West characters that I mention in that section, but I only show Jonah Hex, Bat Lash, Scalphunter, Nighthawk & Cinnamon. Speed Sanders is mentioned, but not shown. There are probably several others, too. If there's someone you think I've missed in the Google Docs, let me know and I'll include them.

There are probably tons of Batman rogues you don’t have.

There are probably tons of Batman rogues you don’t have.
    Most definitely. I only mention the main rogues for all the main heroes. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, this isn't meant to be an exhaustive list including every single detail of DCU history, but rather a broad strokes overview that covers the highlights

The longer this goes on I see no reason why you couldn’t just make it more comprehensive.

The longer this goes on I see no reason why you couldn’t just make it more comprehensive.
    Because I only have so much time to devote to this, and I don't have a lot of interest in making an excessively detailed DCU history in terms of listing every single character and story that appeared when there's already a few DCU histories online that do that. Again, this is meant to be a broad strokes history. I originally created it as a primer for my more superhero obsessed students to give them an overview of DC history and I still primarily use it for that purpose.

However, if there's something major that I've missed, I'm certainly open to further additions. Your comment about the Batman villains definitely got me thinking about how and where I could include Clayface in here, as he's the only major Bat-villain who isn't mentioned yet. However, his history is a bit complicated and convoluted. His current incarnation really only solidified until after BTAS.

My point is unless this thread gets locked it will be here indefinitely to go back to, and honestly even if you stop posting that isn’t going to stop others.

My point is unless this thread gets locked it will be here indefinitely to go back to, and honestly even if you stop posting that isn’t going to stop others.
    I'm confused as to what this conversation is about and I think I'll be leaving it now. Good-bye.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Because I only have so much time to devote to this, and I don't have a lot of interest in making an excessively detailed DCU history in terms of listing every single character and story that appeared when there's already a few DCU histories online that do that. Again, this is meant to be a broad strokes history. I originally created it as a primer for my more superhero obsessed students to give them an overview of DC history and I still primarily use it for that purpose.

However, if there's something major that I've missed, I'm certainly open to further additions. Your comment about the Batman villains definitely got me thinking about how and where I could include Clayface in here, as he's the only major Bat-villain who isn't mentioned yet. However, his history is a bit complicated and convoluted. His current incarnation really only solidified until after BTAS.
    The only significant difference is that Basil Karlo is an actor but didn't become a literal monster as opposed to now where he's known as the one and only Clayface. BTAS uses Hagen's monster form and Karlo's actor back story. So if you keep all the other Clayfaces it's up to you which one should be both the actor and monster, Hagen or Karlo.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The only significant difference is that Basil Karlo is an actor but didn't become a literal monster as opposed to now where he's known as the one and only Clayface. BTAS uses Hagen's monster form and Karlo's actor back story. So if you keep all the other Clayfaces it's up to you which one should be both the actor and monster, Hagen or Karlo.
    I think I will do what I did with the similarly unformed Mr. Freeze and be vague about it by not mention his original identity as Mr. Zero and his red costume (I specifically chose a picture for him that obscures the color of this costume). This allows anyone to fill in the blanks with as many or as few Clayfaces as they want

The Superman/Batman rogues
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-03-2020 at 02:34 AM.

I'm confused as to what this conversation is about and I think I'll be leaving it now.
    Despite being perfectly clear, that was obvious.

The dawn of the Silver Age