Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's a lot of Jor-Els and Laras.
    80+ years of them. And those are just the main ones. I still left out a few

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You telling me what you think my DCU history should be is not you creating one on your own.
    It is if you flat out refuse to add certain things, which you are.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It is if you flat out refuse to add certain things, which you are.
    Ray, Wth? You're not making sense. Stop. This is Bored's timeline. You can suggest, but you don't get to demand, and if you want to create your own then write it yourself, either from scratch or using Bored's as a template, but don't order Bored to edit theirs.

It’s really no trouble at all to just discuss something. It’s called an oral history.
    Last edited by TheRay; 11-07-2020 at 08:26 AM.

It’s really no trouble at all to work with me on writing something that we can both post here.
    He’s getting defensive for no reason, and you’re not doing much better.
    I’m not demanding anything, but him shooting me down at every turn isn’t conversational or respectful.
    I don't think you quite understand how you are coming off here.

I am asking for feedback from fellow fans in order to make improvements. We are not co-authors. If anyone makes a suggestion that I think will make it better, I will incorporate it, as I did with your suggestion about including more Batman villains (I also added more Wonder Woman villains too BTW)

That said, it's still my DCU History. As I have said multiple times now, you are free to use my work as a template to create your own history that includes whatever you want to include or omit. I don’t own any of the images I have used and I have no problem with anyone using any of the text I have written. This was all created for the purposes of giving my ESL students an overview of DCU history that incorporates more than the ever fickle in-continuity stuff that often ignores the cooler stories.

You can do whatever you want with it, but I am under no obligation to make those changes for you.

Are we clear?

80+ years of them. And those are just the main ones. I still left out a few
    Good choices either way.

Any plans for other Superman locations like Smallville or Metropolis? Or other DC locations like Oa, Gotham, Themyscira, etc?

I don't think you quite understand how you are coming off here.
    No, you don’t understand how you’re coming off. You’re being overly territorial and making things up. You’re misunderstanding me and still talking like what you think was said was actually said. You speak as though you’re looking for criticism, but it’s obvious you’re not open to it and you’re bad at taking it.

If you want to have a conversation about it we can certainly do that, but your approach needs to change.
    Are we clear?

No, you don’t understand how you’re coming off. You’re being overly territorial and making things up. You’re misunderstanding me and still talking like what you think was said was actually said. You speak as though you’re looking for criticism, but it’s obvious you’re not open to it and you’re bad at taking it.

If you want to have a conversation about it we can certainly do that, but your approach needs to change.
    Are we clear?
    Dude, ultimately this is Bored's project. If you want something different you can absolutely make your own.

I mean, I follow after Overstreet and break out 1985-1991 as a separate Copper Age, but if he wants to lump it into a "Dark Age" for his project I'm not going to get pissy about it.

At this point it’s not even about that. His responses have been unacceptable and it isn’t the way to go about getting your point across.

At this point it’s not even about that. His responses have been unacceptable and it isn’t the way to go about getting your point across.
    If you feel that way, you can simply stop posting here. Or, again, start your own DCU history that can be anything you want it to be.

I am sorry if you feel offended, but you are person acting inappropriately here. Irregardless, I am done trying to reason with you. Good-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Good choices either way.

Any plans for other Superman locations like Smallville or Metropolis? Or other DC locations like Oa, Gotham, Themyscira, etc?
    Smallville, Metropolis, Gotham and Themyscira are introduced in the pre-1938 section and there's pictures of each of them. I don't go into too much detail about either location though. Is there anything specific you think I should mention? Thanks for taking the time to go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    I mean, I follow after Overstreet and break out 1985-1991 as a separate Copper Age, but if he wants to lump it into a "Dark Age" for his project I'm not going to get pissy about it.
    I am curious, what happens in 1991 that ends the Copper Age?

Smallville, Metropolis, Gotham and Themyscira are introduced in the pre-1938 section and there's pictures of each of them. I don't go into too much detail about either location though. Is there anything specific you think I should mention? Thanks for taking the time to go through it.
    You probably know more about some of them than I do, so can't really think of anything.

I am sorry if you feel offended, but you are person acting inappropriately here.
    That’s 100% a lie, and I think you know that. Thank you for apologizing.

That’s 100% a lie, and I think you know that. Thank you for apologizing.
    You're welcome.