Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You probably know more about some of them than I do, so can't really think of anything.
    I think you have a much better grasp of Wonder Woman history than myself. Do you feel that the broad strokes of her history is being fairly represented?

Restingvoice mentioned that Ares was actually responsible for manipulating Herakles during his interactions with the Amazons, so I adjusted that. Is there anything else you think I should tweak?

Despite my many attempts, I haven't found many Wonder Woman comics that held my interest outside of Perez and Rucka's first run

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am curious, what happens in 1991 that ends the Copper Age?
    1991 was kind of an inconsequential year for DC Comics. There was that little kerfuffle over the true identity of Monarch for the ARMAGEDDON 2001, but otherwise, 1991 was a rather prosaic year for DC.

The following year would be an entirely different story (literally), laying the groundwork for some of the biggest DC developments for the remainder of the 1990s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    1991 was kind of an inconsequential year for DC Comics. There was that little kerfuffle over the true identity of Monarch for the ARMAGEDDON 2001, but otherwise, 1991 was a rather prosaic year for DC.

The following year would be an entirely different story (literally), laying the groundwork for some of the biggest DC developments for the remainder of the 1990s.

Do you think I should separate the Giordano Post-Crisis era from Carlin's era?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Do you think I should separate the Giordano Post-Crisis era from Carlin's era?
    Perhaps. The feel of the two eras were different enough to warrant it.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Perhaps. The feel of the two eras were different enough to warrant it.

I could make a break at Zero Hour and another at Y2K when Didio was being brought on board, but it wouldn't make much sense for me to make a separate era for a period that didn’t last longer than a decade.

I originally had a different grouping of eras but I rejiggered it all when the whole Generations timeline got leaked and since that seems to be dead in the water, I could restructure it again.

Any suggestions? I like splitting it up into distinct ages of a similar number of years. The main exception is the first section and the last which both cover billions of years, but the superhero ages are each about 20 years, give or take.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-08-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but Buried Alien said much of what I would have. There's definitely a "this feels different" aspect to it. This picture...

Copper.jpg

... screams Copper Age to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but Buried Alien said much of what I would have. There's definitely a "this feels different" aspect to it. This picture...

Copper.jpg

... screams Copper Age to me.
    How would you divide up the ages? This picture was originally meant to represent Generation 3, which stretched from 1985 to 2016, whereas Generation 2 was the Silver and Bronze Age squished together.

I have been checking around online and there doesn't seem to be much agreement over the various comics ages post 1985. It's all lumped together as "The Modern Age" by Wikipedia, which seems odd to me given how different the comics from the 80/90s feel from the stuff being produced now.

The New Teen Titans

How would you divide up the ages? This picture was originally meant to represent Generation 3, which stretched from 1985 to 2016, whereas Generation 2 was the Silver and Bronze Age squished together.

I have been checking around online and there doesn't seem to be much agreement over the various comics ages post 1985. It's all lumped together as "The Modern Age" by Wikipedia, which seems odd to me given how different the comics from the 80/90s feel from the stuff being produced now.
    It's strange, around 1992 DC started to put into motion it's big deconstruction storylines like Death of Superman Knightfall and Emerald Twilight; and to some extent aped Image Comics producing a shortlived "extreme period" that gave way to a "neo-silver" period after the successful relaunch of JLA by Morrison.

To make a historical comparison it's like framing a period that begins with the Golden Age of Islam, to the Crusades, and then the European Renaissance.

The NEW DC There’s no stopping us now!

The New Teen Titans
    Cool. But is that the Earth-2 Dick Grayson in there?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That's a cool and impressive pet project!
    Just to be clear I really do appreciate the work that’s gone into this.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Cool. But is that the Earth-2 Dick Grayson in there?
    Yup. The Earth-1/Earth-2 characters still exist in this history, but they each co-exist on a singular Earth that has been split into two Hypertime streams. It allows me to use as much of both the Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis stuff as possible. I elaborate more on it within the history itself (particularly in the Epilogue where I try to explain all the time shenanigans and Multiverse of it all work)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Just to be clear I really do appreciate the work that’s gone into this.
    I appreciate it. Feel free to make any further suggestions. Just keep in mind that I won't necessarily implement all of them for my history, but you are free to do whatever you'd like with what I've made.

I am using this for my students, but it could easily be adapted for whatever uses any fan wants. I am trying to build a sturdy spine of the greatest hits from across all incarnations of the DCU. Fans can fill in the blanks however they'd like or omit any of my own flourishes.

That was never up for debate.