Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Good call! I had completely skipped over Antiope and her faction of Amazons. Depending upon how Kelly Sue & Jimenez's Amazonian history turns out, I might make some further tweaks once it's released, which seems to be whenever Wonder Woman 84 gets to theaters--so I'm not holding my breath

I'll also do a revamp of the images as well in order to include Antiope, whose importance has certainly risen following Robin Wright's kickass portrayal of her.

When you're able, please take a look at the revised text and let me know if that sounds right.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    You and me both.

Revised text sounds about right.

Yeah, Earth-2 Dick is a little out of place among the Titans stuff. I will rearrange some stuff. I didn't want to isolate the Earth-2 too much in order to emphasize that, unlike in the original comics, these guys weren't separated from the rest of the DCU on their own Earth, but I like your idea of giving them a more proper send-off, particularly the characters that didn't survive the remerging of Earth-1/Earth-2 like OG Robin & Huntress.

Thanks!
    It is a tricky juggling act you're undertaking, attempting to weave disparate timelines into an uber-timeline. And it gets really, REALLLLY disparate with the full-on Earth-2 dopplegangers and their kids. I think the nod towards the erasure of these "strange characters from an odd hypertimeline" (Huntress, Robin, Green Arrow, Aquaman, but NOT the Golden Age Speedy, dammit! He's still out there!) is probably the best way to go about it.

I'm not sure there really IS a good way to weave the Death of the Earth-2 Batman and Batman vs. the Justice Society into the mix. They are both SO centered around the actual honest-to-Oa final death of Batman that there doesn't seem like a way to drag them in.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    It is a tricky juggling act you're undertaking, attempting to weave disparate timelines into an uber-timeline. And it gets really, REALLLLY disparate with the full-on Earth-2 dopplegangers and their kids. I think the nod towards the erasure of these "strange characters from an odd hypertimeline" (Huntress, Robin, Green Arrow, Aquaman, but NOT the Golden Age Speedy, dammit! He's still out there!) is probably the best way to go about it.

I'm not sure there really IS a good way to weave the Death of the Earth-2 Batman and Batman vs. the Justice Society into the mix. They are both SO centered around the actual honest-to-Oa final death of Batman that there doesn't seem like a way to drag them in.
    Balancing out all Earth-1/Earth-2 stuff is a little tricky, but it's also proven to be the most fun. Thankfully, Morrison's Hypertime is such an elegant concept for ironing out any inconsistencies that crop up.

However, I didn't even need Hypertime to keep the Golden Age Aquaman, Green Arrow & Speedy, as they are simply different people than their Silver Age Arthur Curry, Ollie Queen & Roy Harper incarnations.

The only Earth-2 doppelgangers who get erased are Lois Lane, Robin & Huntress, although, even then, the people closest to them still retain their memories of them. Much like in the current comics, Lois is too good a reporter to have not uncovered her full history, despite most of the world having forgotten that she's been at Superman's side since the beginning.

The Shazam characters are slightly different in that the wizard is continually rebooting Billy & his family in order to keep them young and innocent, essentially putting them in a magical time-loop. This allows them to have existed since the 1940s without changing much of their history.

This gives you idea of how the main Earths of the Pre-Crisis Multiverse worked.

The early years of the Post-Crisis DCU

Nice! Artemis Crock seemed a bit random, but I guess she's a bit higher profile now than she was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Nice! Artemis Crock seemed a bit random, but I guess she's a bit higher profile now than she was back then.
    Good eye! Artemis and Miss Martian were both later additions that I felt deserved inclusion thanks to their prominence in the Young Justice cartoon, which has proven very popular with my students.

The Harley Quinn cartoon also prompted me to include Clayface and Dr. Psycho (although I also thought the WW rogues deserved a little more love)

These are the revised eras. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before considering I’d already organized them this way for the visual timeline.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-17-2020 at 12:39 AM.

More Post-Crisis DCU

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The early years of the Post-Crisis DCU
    I didn't realize that the Suicide Squad had stolen Airwolf from Stringfellow Hawke and the FIRM.

Surprisingly, it seems like the Giffen "Bwahaha" Justice League did eventually reincorporate many members from the classic Silver/Bronze Age Justice League of America.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I didn't realize that the Suicide Squad had stolen Airwolf from Stringfellow Hawke and the FIRM.

Surprisingly, it seems like the Giffen "Bwahaha" Justice League did eventually reincorporate many members from the classic Silver/Bronze Age Justice League of America.

Definitely, Giffen wanted all the big guns, but Byrne and Perez nixed membership for Supes & WW, with only O'Neil allowing them Bats. However, once Giffen & DeMatties sitcom approach proved wildly successful with readers, the big guns were allowed to participate more and more in the JLI's hyjinks, particularly during the big crossovers, which essentially became Satellite League reunions.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Definitely, Giffen wanted all the big guns, but Byrne and Perez nixed membership for Supes & WW, with only O'Neil allowing them Bats. However, once Giffen & DeMatties sitcom approach proved wildly successful with readers, the big guns were allowed to participate more and more in the JLI's hyjinks, particularly during the big crossovers, which essentially became Satellite League reunions.
    Yeah...I was long under the assumption that no Silver/Bronze Age "Big Guns" other than Batman were allowed on the Giffen League, and certainly not more than one or two of them at a time. That seemed to relax a bit in the late 80s/early 90s, but there was never quite a reunion of the Original Seven (which would have been impossible at the time with Barry dead).

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The DCU circa ‘88 to ‘90

Astonishing Member

They also wanted Black Orchid -- who had shown to have superhuman levels of strength. She did make a few appearances in Suicide Squad, but I believe she got taken off canvas due to the planned mini-series by Neil Gaiman. As beautiful as that series was, I didn't feel it did much to strengthen her position within the DCU.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Anyone else think it's funny DC refuses to make an actual timeline?