Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There’s a few Marvel characters that fill roles that DC doesn’t really have.

DC doesn’t have a big name patriotic hero so, as others have already said, Cap would be a good choice. I would definitely have him as the leader of the JSA, but with a twist. I’d move the team to Earth 2 again. Captain America is the moral center of the Marvel universe. If he comes to modern times that would be overshadowed by Superman, who is the heart of the DCU. Putting him and the JSA on Earth 2 would make him and the team the focal point of that earth. Having them meet for a Crisis every so often would make things that much more fun.

DC doesn’t really have a Hulk. Sure they have the knockoff character Damage, but I don’t think that character has any longevity or ability to change the DCU like the Hulk would. The Hulk is a wild card and putting him in on Earth 0 would be like dropping a (gamma) bomb right in the middle of the DCU. It would definitely make things a lot more chaotic. I think DC had a shot at making Grundy their Hulk-like character a few years ago with his great appearances in JLU and the Arkham games. Sadly they didn’t capitalize.

DC has often tried to find their own Wolverine. Hawkman has been pushed in that role a few times. Lobo, Timber Wolf, Pantha?, etc. It would be cool to see how Logan would fit into the DCU. Would like to see him and Slade have along history starting out in their military days. Made they came from the same super soldier/Weapon X program.

Default Which Marvel Hero/Villans would you have in the DC Universe

The only character I'd bring over to the DC Universe is Captain Marvel .
    And then only the title and name, so Billy and Family can have it back!
    lol! Does that count?

Last edited by Güicho; 03-26-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have to say I don't know about bringing Captain America into the DC Universe. One of the core things about Steve that makes him Captain America is that he is the paragon of hope of the Marvel U. He's the guy everyone looks to and everyone puts their faith in. However, if he was brought into the DCU, he'd very much be dwarfed by Superman in that regard, who is the guy who fills that role for the people of the DC Universe.

Personally, I think Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four would be the best options for characters to be brought into the DC Universe. Like, the Fantastic Four already seem like they inhabit the same universe as Superman and the Green Lantern Corps. I would love to see them teaming up more on adventures. And Spider-Man teaming up with Nightwing and Wally West is the stuff dreams are made of.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-25-2020 at 10:07 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I have to say I don't know about bringing Captain America into the DC Universe. One of the core things about Steve that makes him Captain America is that he is the paragon of hope of the Marvel U. He's the guy everyone looks to and everyone puts their faith in. However, if he was brought into the DCU, he'd very much be dwarfed by Superman in that regard, who is the guy who fills that role for the people of the DC Universe.
    Captain america fights for freedom and liberty, always. Superman doesn't.Superman fights for truth and justice. Those are different ideals they are striving toward. Superman doesn't even tackle those, regularly . Currently, captain america would have no trouble in dc. Just because dc pushes clark as this paragon figure makes it that much more interesting for steve. He would need to earn the place that would be the conflict. And steve will. Why? Because i believe readers can latch on to the character.I also believe, steve is better counterbalance to bruce's manipulative, conniving and totalitarian ways.Steve is stern and has his head on straight. He wouldn't take batman's bullshit. He can have an interesting dynamic with jla-ers because all of them will be more powerful. I can also see wonder woman and cap hitting it off right of the bat. He would have a hard time with aquaman.Barry and cap would be little more awkward because cap is a soldier, barry is the everyman. Besides, cap can earn a following everywhere.That's the beauty of the character.

I can even see cap being a better mentor or father figure to kid jon. Why? Because clark is historically a shitty father/mentor. He sucks at family all his kids will attest to that. With bendis he has returned to that form.Clark sucks at sidekicks, just ask jimmy. Cap had bucky for experience, aside from the apparent death and brainwashing that happened to him. Since, clark clearly doesn't need a sidekick. jon could be captain america's new sidekick. Cap would have someone more powerful supporting him, with lesser experience. It would be subversion of standard sidekick and mentor relations where the hero is better in everyway.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-25-2020 at 11:35 PM.