Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Because they're idiots. Lots of potential there besides forcefully turning the JLA/Titans into gorillas.
    Nope. Because the most advanced nation in Africa being a city full of gorillas wouldn’t exactly go so well in today’s age. There’s some implications that can be made from that.

I’d just build up Dr Mist and his home nation or Vixen and Zambesi (so?)
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

There is already Gorilla City the most advanced nation in DC. The writers should actually write about them instead of forgetting they exist.
    uh-huh, because an advanced nation of monkeys is the same as Wakanda. I'm just gonna choose to assume your simply dense or cognitively dissonant, rather than just trying to be "slyly" racist, and point out that DC not being able to facilitate Wakanda and instead should be focusing on a nation of apes because said nation of apes is supposedly the most advanced African society in their verse, is both mind-shatteringly stupid and a non-issue. both can exist, just like Wakanda exists beside Latveria, Krakoa, and the Savage Lands in the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-24-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: reworded to properly convey my thoughts
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nope. Because the most advanced nation in Africa being a city full of gorillas wouldn’t exactly go so well in today’s age. There’s some implications that can be made from that.

exactly, if DC were to forego Wakanda for another African nation already in it's universe, they should flesh out Vixen's mythology with Zambesi, or Dr. Mist and Kor, or Marzol and Tyroc, or Tundi from Batwing, or Red Lion and Buredunia; Gorilla City is a novelty, a relic, and far from the first thing DC needs to be fleshing out nowadays
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

There is a large number of B & C list villains I would love to transport from the Marvel U to the DCU.

Jack O' Lantern, the Carnival of Crime, the Serpent Society, the Answer, Foolkiller, the Trump, Kangaroo, Lady Stilt-Man, Larcenous Lil, Trapster, Brothers Grim, the Grapplers, the Ani-men, the Fly, the Beetle, the Crazy Gang, the Zodiac Cartel, Doctor Demonicus, Mad Cap, Purple Man and etcetera.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 03-24-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I knew exactly what you meant when you replied and I agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    exactly, if DC were to forego Wakanda for another African nation already in it's universe, they should flesh out Vixen's mythology with Zambesi, or Dr. Mist and Kor, or Marzol and Tyroc, or Tundi from Batwing, or Red Lion and Buredunia; Gorilla City is a novelty, a relic, and far from the first thing DC needs to be fleshing out nowadays
    Agreed.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I wouldn't trust DC to handle Black Panther and his world well at all, considering their track record with the black characters whose rights they do own.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-24-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I like the idea of Captain America in the Golden Age Justice Society of America.

It's such a natural and curious that DC never had an out-an-out patriotic hero in the GA JSA because, in spite of WW's costume, that wasn't her schtick.

I wouldn't be against the idea of Doctor Doom. He'd make a decent JLA villain, and it would be fun to see him interact with Lex Luthor.

X-Men don't really belong in the DCU as mutant-hatred is a non-issue.

In their classic, Silver Age forms, most Marvel heroes are too melodramatic and angsty for the DCU. That's why I love those old Marvel comics, but I love DC for NOT being that way, in general.

I don't think anyone besides Captain America would really fit in the DCU naturally -- maybe the Eternals who could interact with the New Gods.

Colossus would be a perfect fit in the JLI cast.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The inhumans. They can fit in anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I like the idea of Captain America in the Golden Age Justice Society of America.

It's such a natural and curious that DC never had an out-an-out patriotic hero in the GA JSA because, in spite of WW's costume, that wasn't her schtick.

I wouldn't be against the idea of Doctor Doom. He'd make a decent JLA villain, and it would be fun to see him interact with Lex Luthor.

X-Men don't really belong in the DCU as mutant-hatred is a non-issue.

In their classic, Silver Age forms, most Marvel heroes are too melodramatic and angsty for the DCU. That's why I love those old Marvel comics, but I love DC for NOT being that way, in general.

I don't think anyone besides Captain America would really fit in the DCU naturally -- maybe the Eternals who could interact with the New Gods.
    I gotta disagree, I think the X-men in their current Krakoa nation-state would fit interestingly in the DC universe as transplants. It would be interesting seeing how the Justice League and the nations of the DC universe would react to suddenly having to deal with Krakoa, it's sovereignty, it's goods, and it's policies, and how Krakoa would react to a world that won't needlessly reject them purely for the sake of them being them. Also, while DC's powers-that-be are less straight-up bigoted toward metas, like Marvel is toward mutants, they do have a history of agencies and organizations exploiting and weaponizing whichever powered individuals they can get their hands on. I can easily see an arms race of greedy war profiteers trying to breach Krakoa in order to pouch "metas" for their own ends.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-24-2020 at 10:26 PM.

currently following:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Captain America seems like an obvious fit for the JSA, but he doesn't really offer them anything the others already don't.

I love Ghost Rider, but between The Spectre and Brimstone, he's essentially covered.

No, if I had to take one person from Marvel, I think it'd be Magneto. His powerset gets very little use at DC (Polaris and Rokk Krinn are the only two I can recall off hand and neither get a ton of play), he has a great motivation and solid look. A lot of DC heroes use metal in their arsenal or overall motifs. Gotta go with Magneto, even without the X-Men. Make him the villainous holdover from the golden age to counter the JSA, and perhaps a rival or former member of the team who broke away based on their differing approaches to justice.

There is already Gorilla City the most advanced nation in DC. The writers should actually write about them instead of forgetting they exist.
    You have got to be goddamn kidding me.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I gotta disagree, I think the X-men in their current Krakoa nation-state would fit interestingly in the DC universe as transplants. It would be interesting seeing how the Justice League and the nations of the DC universe would react to suddenly having to deal with Krakoa, it's sovereignty, it's goods, and it's policies, and how Krakoa would react to a world that won't needlessly reject them purely for the sake of them being them. Also, while DC's powers-that-be are less straight-up bigoted toward metas, like Marvel is toward mutants, they do have a history of agencies and organizations exploiting and weaponizing whichever powered individuals they can get their hands on. I can easily see an arms race of greedy war profiteers trying to breach Krakoa in order to pouch "metas" for their own ends.
    Krakoa has been building up for decades. It doesn't work if it just appeared out of the blue.

I can easily see an arms race of greedy war profiteers trying to breach Krakoa in order to pouch "metas" for their own ends.
    This was the premise of "Inhumans" by Jae Lee/Paul Jenkins.

Amazing Member

Isn't Xmen/Krakoa similar to he Inhumans. Both nations of super people living separately from outside world.
    I would take the Inhumans. In their past, you can have them interact with Anthro, Kong, or Vandal Savage.
    You an have Savage covet the Terrigin Mist to give himself superpowers.
    Another, concept, I get from Marvel would be the Maggia.
    Nowadays, when Marvel does an organized crime story they use the Kingpin.
    The Maggia are like the Mafia the have a long backstory, their own culture.
    You can have Intergrang as a splinter of the Maggia,
    Bruno Mannheim leaves an makes a deal with Darkseid who supplies him with tech.

Well, I gotta agree that Gorilla City doesn't get enough development, it *is* an interesting concept that DC could do more with, but saying it's a viable substitute for Wakanda is.....no. Just no. That's seriously tone deaf.

Captain America would, of course, fit the DCU so smoothly you'd think he was always there. And I sure as hell wouldn't argue about him joining the JSA or League. But because he'd fit so well I think there's better options. Unless Steve gets to bring SHIELD with him I'm not sure if he'd really add a lot that DC doesn't already have. And even then, DC has Argus, which was the same basic thing until Leviathan.

Black Panther would be great, but I'm biased towards the Panther so of course I'd say this.

Just to be a little different I'm gonna suggest Rogue. She's a fun character with a great powerset and visual who would make for an interesting addition to the League. And with her powers, putting her on a team with Superman and Green Lantern and Flash.....there's a lot of potential there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I don't really have any desire to see this, but if I had to choose, I guess maybe Dr. Doom. He was always my favorite Marvel villain, and I think he'd fit in the DC Universe okay if it was handled well. I could also see Captain America leading the JSA and taking on Red Skull.