Mighty Member

Default No new comics week 2

I thought it would be fun to see what comics or anything you been doing during this time of unsectinly.

Mighty Member

Mostly focused on news and looking for work.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I thought it would be fun to see what comics or anything you been doing during this time of unsectinly.
    I'll bite, this week I am taking the opportunity to re-read AVENGERS/INVADERS which is amongst Alex Ross' best work IMHO, the MU was in a very dark place in 2008 with the two teams of Avengers though.

Astonishing Member

been getting back issues that I have sentimental value from back then, today I just got 2 X-men events in full sets from 2 different parts of the country(West and East Coast) and they came in the mail today. Messiah Complex and Second Coming. oh man inspecting the issues each took me back. i also got JMS Thor run, Majority of Brubaker's Cap and Hickman's FF. it was quite a mission to track them on ebay and comiccollectorlive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I have a back log of collections that I'm getting to.

I finished the Classic Champions collections and am currently working on my Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu Epics.

Hopefully new books will resume before too long but I have more than enough to keep me busy for awhile.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I have a back log of collections that I'm getting to.

I finished the Classic Champions collections and am currently working on my Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu Epics.

Hopefully new books will resume before too long but I have more than enough to keep me busy for awhile.
    Finally finished Fraction's X-Men run; funnily enough his last arc had to do with a contagion outbreak on Utopia.

Now I may finally get to Sandman; those 30th Anniversary Edition's look sexy as all hell

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Concept sketching and fanfiction mostly. This week I'm working on a story featuring Monica Rambeau. We find out that Monica had a childhood trauma that she completely blocked from her memory. She is forced to deal with it when a woman who claims to be her sister visits the Rambeau household. The fun part, of course, is designing her sister's appearance and deciding what her powers will be. Still trying to figure out if I want the Beyond Corporation or Nyx to be the big baddies of this story.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Re-reading my HoX, PoX and DoX books. Catching up on Steven Universe. Re-acquainting myself with the denizens of my library. Re-watching my DC Animated movies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Working on getting caught up with the Fresh Start titles. Almost finished with WotR, but I just received a large run of Coates’ Cap run, so I’m going to start on that. Need a break from all of the WotR books I’ve been reading lately anyway. Also expecting the Hickman helmed X-book line. Stopped after the first 2 issues of each book, but decided to get caught up.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 04-09-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I stopped reading comics with any sort of regularity a while ago, so this gives me a chance to catch up on some comics that I haven't read. Amazing Spider-Man, Strange Academy,
    immortal Hulk and the Star Wars books are on my Marvel list. Who knows I might start to pick more books up when we get back to normal.

Also, I am of the opinion that Digital is the future of the industry, so it baffles me that they are not using this as an opportunity to move in that direction. Clinging to Diamond Distributors and Comic Book stores is a foolish move in my opinion. One company having a monopoly over the distribution of physical comics is not good. Also, the prices for digital comics are (as far as I know) only as high as they are because of comic books stores no wanting to be undercut, which is such an arse-backwards way of doing it. I have to pay the same price as going into their niche little stores because they chose such a niche product to build a store around and are afraid of their customers going to a cheaper and more convenient method of getting comics.
    Last edited by KC; 04-09-2020 at 10:58 PM.

x: Rewatching Endgame.

x: Drawing very large Krakoa Era X-fanart

x: Rereading brilliant writing -- Tom Taylor's Orphans of X, Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye, Al Ewing's New Avengers, & Hox Pox.

Reading Ruckas Punisher run. Really good so far ,on vol 2.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Finished up my last week of remote employment (Between projects at the studio, doesn't have anything to do with Covid-19), and have been watching a lot of Critical Role to pass the time. Will try to get back into painting at some point, but it's been about a month since I've been outside for any reason other than groceries so it's hard to do anything semi-productive or artistically satisfying.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Still comparing Covid-19 to Secret Wars 2015 in an article I’m compiling. It gets scarier the closer you get to the conclusions of both. What do you do when they both stop?