Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel puts out two books with original characters which leaves alone the originals and some people lose their minds? What needs to be put back Marvel reverse course with pretty much everything after all new different. There is nothing to be put back I can't think of one hero that is replaced by a legacy hero. The FF are back, Hickman soft reboot the X-men regardless of the small amount people complaining about the direction every single important character in franchise history is alive now.

Captain America is Steve, Iron Man is Tony, Thor is Thor, Hulk is Banner, Wolverine and Cyclops are alive.Please explain what needs to be put back? Captain Marvel is actually stable sales, Hulk was beating Batman for couple months and has good sales, X-men has amazing sales with 5 or 6 books in top 20. Thor is doing good so far, Spider-man is being Spider-man and selling good, Venom is doing good. Marvel isn't DC with all eggs in one basket named Batman .Marvel is doing fair well across a bunch of titles and with stuff like Conan and Star Wars.

You can tell that people who are complaining aren't actually readers of comic books. And It makes zero sense to complain about New Warriors or CotA because those are low impact shot in the darks at new stuff. Heck people can't even fully complain about New Warriors because it has the original cast and the book can easily be about the main older members. Fans on the internet are complain about the 7 or 8 book in the line that get canceled most times after 12 issues just about anything they put out. This the experimental stuff that they put out just trying to see what works.Marvel puts out a good 10 to 15 books every new line/era push we fans pretty much are going to canceled.
    This....

Ms marvel was suppose to fail at issue 7. She gone past 60 now.
    Moon Girl has outlasted every female color at BOTH companies (not named Cassandra Cain) and has more solo issues than some bigger names.
    Squirrel Girl is a New York Times best Seller. Almost starred on a tv show and has 50 solo issues. That is more than a LOT of X-Men folks have.

And at various times those short lived books find readers as trades.

And books like BP & Agents of Wakanda seems like a bad idea but at LEAST he's getting spinoffs. Some folks at a certain OTHER company would kill for that.

all it took was a single mini-series' character names to bring back the hyper leftist sjw marvel wryyyyyy attitude from ANAD
    Don't forget it's books like that and SJWs that have shut down Gamestop, the movie industry & comic book stores now according to them and not some virus.

And folks cry about wanting better writing? How about stop attacking every new writer who is hired? How about let the book come out and READ it and actually form a CIVIL & RESPECTABLE opinion of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Dude, don't even try to push that narrative. It's not about racist, it's that they're fucking horrible. Again, you can tell when something's bad when you look at it. I don't think Marvel has gotten a backlash on the level of NuWarriors, at least not in a long time.
    Where did I say a single thing about racism?

I said some fans are hating a book they haven't read, which is exactly what's going on.

Maybe NW will be bad. Maybe it won't. Point being, nobody's read it so any reaction to it is uninformed.

I don't know if I'll bother with it myself but whether I do or not I can't say much about it as it hasn't even come out yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can tell that people who are complaining aren't actually readers of comic books.
    Yes, this. Always this.

That should have been obvious during the "There's a SHE-Hulk now?! Political correctness running amuck!" **** last year.

It's been a hot mess since the mid 90's and alot of things need to be undone to make it more like the good ol' days. I'd be all for a partial reboot.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As history has shown on numerous occasions, the problem with reboots, partial and otherwise is that no matter what they do...there will always be a subsection of the readership who, for any and every reason, will find fault and will never be happy...and will threaten to stop reading comics entirely and still go into the fora to discuss the books they hate month after month.

Look at the most current example...the X-books.

For years readers have been saying how stagnant and tiresome and uninteresting the entire line has been...and they were right. Marvel decides to shake things up in a HUGE way and those who were complaining of the mediocrity that came before are still not satisfied because it's not being written to suit them personally or ideologically or emotionally or whatever (a rather foolish expectation as these things go but...)

Readers say they want change, but it must only be the change they want, that's speaks to their own specific and personal wishes. As far as I can tell, in 40 plus years of buying and reading comic books across all genres, the Comic book Industry has never, ever catered to any one person's individual needs.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Once you start rebooting, you never stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That should have been obvious during the "There's a SHE-Hulk now?! Political correctness running amuck!" **** last year.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 03-25-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Wait, did you say you want Kamala to be a orphan in this new universe raised by Mar-Vell and Carol?

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

not like her family and home town are a crucial part of what makes her so relatable and lovable, nope not all important *mega sarcasm*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    It's been a hot mess since the mid 90's and alot of things need to be undone to make it more like the good ol' days. I'd be all for a partial reboot.
    A reboot does NOT solve the issue.

Never have never will.

Because you can't solve every issue.

Look at the most current example...the X-books.

For years readers have been saying how stagnant and tiresome and uninteresting the entire line has been...and they were right. Marvel decides to shake things up in a HUGE way and those who were complaining of the mediocrity that came before are still not satisfied because it's not being written to suit them personally or ideologically or emotionally or whatever (a rather foolish expectation as these things go but...)
    I think in X-Men's case it's too many books revolving around the same 5 folks. After spending the 80s-90ish offering variety.

Whose bed Jean laid in didn't matter to Gen X or X-men Academy or New Mutants or X-Force.
    Logan was not whore out to every books in some variation.
    Kids like Prodigy, Jubliee and others MATTERED. They were not props for someone else.

When these books started under Hickman and I am repeating what Lean Williams said-NO NEW CHARACTERS-they would use who they already had. So if I am hearing that and see Synch after 19 years-I am going to be excited. Then be ticked off to see him leave as fast as he and Darwin showed up. No reunion book for Generation X but COA with fanboy cast.
    So I can see the frustration in being told one thing and seeing something different.

It's not all about pandering with some fans or alt troll behavior with others.

It's where are the writers who are willing to take what is already HERE and run with it. Like we saw with Priest and Black Panther (who he hated). Bendis with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Carol Danvers, Squirrel Girl and even the New Warriors (first version).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    It's been a hot mess since the mid 90's and alot of things need to be undone to make it more like the good ol' days.
    As someone who lived through the "good ol' days", my back issues are with me whenever I ever want to revisit them.

I want today's comics to keep moving forward, not to just be a nostalgia act.

Books like the Hickman-led X-line, Ewing's Immortal Hulk, Zdarsky's Daredevil, Spencer's ASM are as good as anything from the "good ol' days" in my opinion.

If there's any are of Marvel's that's in a current state of disaray, it's animation more then it is comics in my opinion.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As someone who lived through the "good ol' days", my back issues are with me whenever I ever want to revisit them.

Books like the Hickman-led X-line, Ewing's Immortal Hulk, Zdarsky's Daredevil, Spencer's ASM are as good as anything from the "good ol' days" in my opinion.
    You.
    Yuh know good tings.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If there's any are of Marvel's that's in a current state of disaray, it's animation more then it is comics in my opinion.
    Marvel's animation has always been mediocre. The exceptions (X-Men Evolution, Spectacular Spider-Man) and some others, are exceptional for a reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

thank you, thank you