Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

There are many of these "Marvel Sux" threads. Do your own. Reach down into your imaginations and put together series and stories of your own while dealing with character limitations and availability of talent. It's far from actually doing a book, but it is much closer to that experience than what most of us are doing.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

BANNED

yeah no, no no no no, NOpe, negative.
    you can do whatever but don't touch the x-men.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2020 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

Well, I’d imagine things are hard enough as it is in Marvel. Writers want to write a specific character, but not allowed to do they make other characters suffer. The same goes with artists.

I would like to focus on characters of the here and now. And stop making up brand new characters that completely SUCK. I think storytelling in some comics needs some work.

And as for Teams.......I think Marvel should start spicing up the teams a bit more. Kinda tired of looking at the same people in a team. I’d like new concepts. And can we PLEASE have some form of continuity everything seems a bit confusing.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, I’d imagine things are hard enough as it is in Marvel. Writers want to write a specific character, but not allowed to do they make other characters suffer. The same goes with artists.

I would like to focus on characters of the here and now. And stop making up brand new characters that completely SUCK. I think storytelling in some comics needs some work.

And as for Teams.......I think Marvel should start spicing up the teams a bit more. Kinda tired of looking at the same people in a team. I’d like new concepts. And can we PLEASE have some form of continuity everything seems a bit confusing.

Anyway, just my opinion.
    I agree with the continuity part it's a bit of a jumbled mess right now.

BANNED

the decades of history are what make me enjot these characthers, they feel organic , alive but somehow eternal. It's a special thing that would disapear with a retcon.

Actual problems with the Cebulski administration that aren't the same things people cyclically complain about:

-TNC
    -Shoddy and loose continuity between books from the Avengers line
    -The Spider-Line is like a car with slashed tires roaring down the highway with its loose management and lack of any focus (outside of Venom and perhaps Miles)
    -Why has Thanos been dead for a million years?

But, y'know, Paniccia is tamed, so maybe it's all worth it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm weary of mega-events that promise to 'change everything' but of course they're not going to stop now, so...

My opinion is that Marvel is doing stuff I like, stuff I don't, and stuff that I'm not interested in. You know, they usual state of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the YouTubers who roast Marvel and DC on the regular buy the books. YoungRippa, Comics Matter w/Zack, JustSomeGuy and HeelsVsBabyFace buy the books. If things are so bad that PewDeePie is roasting your book, you're not as creative as you thought you were.
    A.) Thought we weren't supposed to talk about They Who Must Not Be Named on this forum.

B.) I've seem a lot of the work of those YouTube roasters over they years; they're not interested in a constructive analysis of the comics they buy. They just want everything to be written solely for them and throw hissy fits when something is written for a different demographic. Just report, block, ban, flag, or ignore. Life's too short to waste time on them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    B.) I've seem a lot of the work of those YouTube roasters over they years; they're not interested in a constructive analysis of the comics they buy. They just want everything to be written solely for them and throw hissy fits when something is written for a different demographic. Just report, block, ban, flag, or ignore. Life's too short to waste time on them.
    I have never seen the appeal of this mindset. If All Marvel put out were books that I want and would buy, I couldn't afford them all. And a book on the stands I wouldn't buy really does me no harm. In the 50 years I've been buying and reading comics, there have ALWAYS been books I haven't read or wanted to read. Now is no different than it's ever been as regards that spread of books and material. It's too bad we just couldn't not buy books we didn't like.

Personally, I've often complained about a book's direction, but my complaints have had reasoning behind them and have (hopefully) not just been "this sucks".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You're kidding, right? Dude, literally everyone hates those two titles.
    Well, no one has read them yet so there's nothing to hate.

While some fans hate the idea of them and they hate what they've read about them, these titles are still unknown quantities.

While a small segment of fans may be irate about books that haven't even come out yet, the rest of us are either going to read them when they come out and make up our own minds or simply pass on them for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    outside of a reboot is a Crisis type of event where a lot of the bad stuff they've pulled over the years gets erased old heroes are brought back and things go back to how it used to be before Ms. Marvel became a Captain and what not and maybe the real Captain Marvel can come back
    LOL they had a big budget blockbuster film starring her as Captain Marvel, that ship has sailed.

Too much jobbing lately. Can't go a day without someone killing a celestial or beating up Galactus.

It doesn't mean anything at this point. It's like at DC, Batman vs Superman is unbelievable, because nobody thinks Clark could ever take Bruce.

Because we all expect Superman to fly face first into a kryptonite ring until he falls unconscious.

Hey, remember when everyone used to laugh at the gimmick covers of the 90s but said nothing about variants? Can't look the other way on variants anymore.

As for the people defending New Warriors and Children Of The Atom? Sorry but those books are DOA. Sure Marvel will sell some copies, but it will be like selling a firing squad the guns and bullets they are going to use to execute you with.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-24-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The entire comic book industry is about to hit their biggest crisis ever since perhaps the 90s. People hating new things most of them would never buy anyway is literally the least of Marvel’s or anyone’s concerns right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the YouTubers who roast Marvel and DC on the regular buy the books. YoungRippa, Comics Matter w/Zack, JustSomeGuy and HeelsVsBabyFace buy the books. If things are so bad that PewDeePie is roasting your book, you're not as creative as you thought you were.
    They buy one copy for an audience that gives them thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of views. Does that translate to any of those books getting those same thousands sales? Absolutely not. It’s like saying that the people who buy digital comics and then post them on pirate websites for people to read and/or download are helping the industry by making one purchase. They’re not.

If the Comicsgate crowd wants to set an example, maybe they should stop obsessing so much over other people’s comics and focus on their own comics they’re always bragging about being the future of the industry. But considering Ethan Van Sciver can’t even ship his **** for people to read, maybe they’re not so good as they like to pretend they are.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-24-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    My opinion is that Marvel is doing stuff I like, stuff I don't, and stuff that I'm not interested in. You know, they usual state of things.

A.) Thought we weren't supposed to talk about They Who Must Not Be Named on this forum.

But that is the main group complaining.

You're kidding, right? Dude, literally everyone hates those two titles.
    The books come out and what happens happens.

Both become trades. Vita's book being X-Men related will be on shelves in places like Barnes & Noble, the public library and give and take a few school districts. It will probably do well or decent on Amazon trade sales for a while. Probably do well on Kindle.
    The Warrior one will vary. Although Daniel Kibblesmith has an Emmy nomination and formerly worked on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. So that is a boost.

All the trolls are doing are tossing out FREE advertisement. And bad news for them-folks who HATE them tend to try out any book that they attack. So thanks for bringing them some extra sales (at least for issue 1).

What is the worst that could happen to them? MORE job opportunities like everyone else targeted by that group?

Who is everybody? Everybody is not throwing fits over books that are NOT our yet. Nor making Marvel suck threads every month.
    Because every single book that constantly gets TRASHED seems to find success in some form.

So something must be going right. Could it be better? YES but those trolls aren't the ones trying to make it better.