Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

X at CoTA being sucessfull on trade, very large press X to doubt

Astonishing Member

Definitely not a full reboot, but maybe allow books to run a bit and not be acknowledged by the rest of the Marvel universe and if a book is then received well then it becomes canon, otherwise it happened in another universe.

As for how to get people more on board with more diverse heroes I know a way to do this with at least ethnicity, MAKE COMICS STOP STARING IN THE USA! Be a way to bring up lesser known and maybe even forgotten heroes while at the same time making newer.

lol I wonder how many threads like this one still exist from the time Sam Cap, Jane & Cho were all being pushed simultaneously

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Don't give in to the over-emotional "reaction" vids. They are worse than the Corona Virus...they are as if Covid-19 and the Black Plague had a child...They're the Plavid-19 of the Entertainment Industry.

It's not up to us to decide if and how Marvel and DC should change. Yes, we can sit here and anonymously pontificate and rant and rave but really, words, without individual action are as a breath in a wind storm.
    It's up to us (readers and retailers alike) to decide if and how we, as consumers of their product, could change our habits...because that's the only thing we have direct control over...and hopefully that will send a message to which they will be open to listening.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I would like to see better continuity and inter-connectivity throughout the titles. Let them build on each other and give a broader view of the whole world...not just small windows into sections of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Don't give in to the over-emotional "reaction" vids. They are worse than the Corona Virus...they are as if Covid-19 and the Black Plague had a child...They're the Plavid-19 of the Entertainment Industry.

It's not up to us to decide if and how Marvel and DC should change. Yes, we can sit here and anonymously pontificate and rant and rave but really, words, without individual action are as a breath in a wind storm.
    It's up to us (readers and retailers alike) to decide if and how we, as consumers of their product, could change our habits...because that's the only thing we have direct control over...and hopefully that will send a message to which they will be open to listening.
    We decide with our dollar, ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have never seen the appeal of this mindset. If All Marvel put out were books that I want and would buy, I couldn't afford them all. And a book on the stands I wouldn't buy really does me no harm.
    From what I've seen, they see anything that doesn't pander to them or their worldview as a personal slight, therefore must be fought against to win their war against the forces out to get them. Not sure they would buy everything, just that they want to be the sole audience, even if they're not going to buy it. All dog in the manger.

In the 50 years I've been buying and reading comics, there have ALWAYS been books I haven't read or wanted to read. Now is no different than it's ever been as regards that spread of books and material. It's too bad we just couldn't not buy books we didn't like.
    Yep. Course there's a reason that "fan" is short for "fanatic."

Personally, I've often complained about a book's direction, but my complaints have had reasoning behind them and have (hopefully) not just been "this sucks".
    I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking a creative change or new direction, esp. if you were a fan of the material prior (heck, I would never have given Miles Morales a chance if he'd replaced Peter Parker entirely, not "just" being added into the family). However, I think there's a healthy way to do and think about this and it's really darn easy to obsess about it in an unhealthy way.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You know, if you did a reboot in the 1940’s to 1960’s, you could show the Rosa Parks’ and the Black mathematician ladies being better than Reed Richards, as well as the British WWII lady code breakers, right there on the page. They couldn’t do that in Stan Lee’s era, because they were restricted to showing a certain demographic in comics and movies. But the Blue Marvel existed at that time, so did the Black Panther (but he wasn’t introduced until Fantastic Four #51 I think). Jimmy Woo was always a SHIELD agent at that time also. The Parkers were a CIA field team, so a woman was active in a principal capacity back then, so was Black Widow and the Contessa from Leviathan. I know this sounds racist, but I consider African Americans the Real Americans when I see them in the street. They were the ones who had to fight hardship their whole history, and still are, while the whites had the free ride in life.

You could do it like was done in the Ultimate Universe, (without the alterations), and just start the 616 in the way it should have started with all the races included in the books, instead of just white males.

I’d like to know the Latino’s that we’re existant in the 616 at that time? Could the great-great-grandson of Zorro have become a Batman-like figure, with high tech and souped-up cars? The Black Tarantula had a long tradition.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-24-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You know, if you did a reboot in the 1940’s to 1960’s, you could show the Rosa Parks’ and the Black mathematician ladies being better than Reed Richards, as well as the British WWII lady code breakers, right there on the page. They couldn’t do that in Stan Lee’s era, because they were restricted to showing a certain demographic in comics and movies. But the Blue Marvel existed at that time, so did the Black Panther (but he wasn’t introduced until Fantastic Four #51 I think). Jimmy Woo was always a SHIELD agent at that time also. The Parkers were a CIA field team, so a woman was active in a principal capacity back then, so was Black Widow and the Contessa from Leviathan. I know this sounds racist, but I consider African Americans the Real Americans when I see them in the street. They were the ones who had to fight hardship their whole history, and still are, while the whites had the free ride in life.

You could do it like was done in the Ultimate Universe, (without the alterations), and just start the 616 in the way it should have started with all the races included in the books, instead of just white males.

I’d like to know the Latino’s that we’re existant in the 616 at that time? Could the great-great-grandson of Zorro have become a Batman-like figure, with high tech and souped-up cars? The Black Tarantula had a long tradition.
    Isn’t this what the Ultimate universe essentially did?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, no one has read them yet so there's nothing to hate.

While some fans hate the idea of them and they hate what they've read about them, these titles are still unknown quantities.

While a small segment of fans may be irate about books that haven't even come out yet, the rest of us are either going to read them when they come out and make up our own minds or simply pass on them for various reasons.
    Dude, don't even try to push that narrative. It's not about racist, it's that they're fucking horrible. Again, you can tell when something's bad when you look at it. I don't think Marvel has gotten a backlash on the level of NuWarriors, at least not in a long time.

The absolute state of this.

Reboots are not the answer. Marvel's long shared history is what made them special, at least to me. There was LOTS of garbage that was released in the 90s for example, but everyone's favourite characters still survived the decade. One of the great things about a comics is when a new story starts you can forget the last one if you want. Both creators and readers choose which stories to remember and make relevant to any one character's current reality. Sure the bad one's are still out there in past canon, but no one cares if you forget them. My point is, all the lunacy of the current era will also pass. Hyper-progressives are in control of Marvel at the moment, but good stuff can still get through along with all the garbage. All you can do is stop buying it and stop hyping it up everywhere on the internet. Marvel has already won with this New Warriors nonsense, it doesn't matter if all the noise has been positive or not, what matters is everyone is screaming "Marvel and New Warriors". Stop hyping and stop buying. (unless you actually like it)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I mean, there’s always back issues if you don’t like the current output.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

all it took was a single mini-series' character names to bring back the hyper leftist sjw marvel wryyyyyy attitude from ANAD
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So I've been hearing how a lot of people are not happy with current events in Marvel with New Warriors and Children of the Atom and Marvel's really been pushing this stuff for a while trying to reinvent old characters which I don't really. I'd rather they steer away from identity politics all together that's just my opinion and I feel the only thing that can really turn things around outside of a reboot is a Crisis type of event where a lot of the bad stuff they've pulled over the years gets erased old heroes are brought back and things go back to how it used to be before Ms. Marvel became a Captain and what not and maybe the real Captain Marvel can come back this way it doesn't even have to get rid of Kamala I can see both Marvel's tying the not and maybe in the new continuity she could be an orphan they adopt which I think would be a good story arc since I've never really understood Kamala and Carol but I'm getting off topic.
    Marvel puts out two books with original characters which leaves alone the originals and some people lose their minds? What needs to be put back Marvel reverse course with pretty much everything after all new different. There is nothing to be put back I can't think of one hero that is replaced by a legacy hero. The FF are back, Hickman soft reboot the X-men regardless of the small amount people complaining about the direction every single important character in franchise history is alive now.

Captain America is Steve, Iron Man is Tony, Thor is Thor, Hulk is Banner, Wolverine and Cyclops are alive.Please explain what needs to be put back? Captain Marvel is actually stable sales, Hulk was beating Batman for couple months and has good sales, X-men has amazing sales with 5 or 6 books in top 20. Thor is doing good so far, Spider-man is being Spider-man and selling good, Venom is doing good. Marvel isn't DC with all eggs in one basket named Batman .Marvel is doing fair well across a bunch of titles and with stuff like Conan and Star Wars.

You can tell that people who are complaining aren't actually readers of comic books. And It makes zero sense to complain about New Warriors or CotA because those are low impact shot in the darks at new stuff. Heck people can't even fully complain about New Warriors because it has the original cast and the book can easily be about the main older members. Fans on the internet are complain about the 7 or 8 book in the line that get canceled most times after 12 issues just about anything they put out. This the experimental stuff that they put out just trying to see what works.Marvel puts out a good 10 to 15 books every new line/era push we fans pretty much are going to canceled.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-25-2020 at 04:13 AM.