Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Marvel have slowly but surely been streamlining and trimming down characters/alternative versions. This is a neat idea and makes everything just that little more accessible.
    Personally, I think Marvel are at a pretty decent high at the moment, after a bit of a wobble in the 10s just after Secret Wars.

I think I’d like more to see stories progress naturally in their own comic. war of the realms/absolute carnage...even to go back to Siege, Infinity...they all could have been told in the pages of the story they were started in. And it would have been a blast and made those issues of Thor/Venom/whatever memorable ones as they were pretty big things to happen. So cut down on the events, but hype the stories within the comics as much as you would an event. Immortal Hulk is doing brilliantly and that doesn’t goes to show you don’t need everything to be a crossover.

Push obscure characters just that little bit more...Karnak, Black Knight etc...there’s potential in them so it’d be cool to see Marvel he daring.

And mainly for me would be create more villains. We know what to expect when villain A turns up, it’s about time we introduced more so we genuinely don’t know what to expect. Knull is doing good so far at this. I think Captain Marvels run is having a good try at new villains - id genuinely like to see Vox Supreme appear again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Things change to some degree for the characters every time an arc finishes. Moot thread.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    This is the best marvel have been in decades

Only 5 years ago it was an utter mess

No X-Men
    No fantastic four
    Change every hero with a diversity push at once
    Spider-Man was a murderer sex creep

Now We’ve got X-Men and FF back and on top
    Spider-Man is actually fun
    Avengers is solid
    Diverse heroes along side originals instead Of replacing them

Alonso, IKe and Bendis were not healthy for marvel.
    I found it went massively downhill after No Surrender (which was amazing)

I didn't find the current series as interesting. I am going to give it another go though.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Nah. I’m okay with how things are going in the universe, for the most part. Some small changes, sure. But not to the extent you’re asking for.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 04-04-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think I’d like more to see stories progress naturally in their own comic. war of the realms/absolute carnage...even to go back to Siege, Infinity...they all could have been told in the pages of the story they were started in. And it would have been a blast and made those issues of Thor/Venom/whatever memorable ones as they were pretty big things to happen. So cut down on the events, but hype the stories within the comics as much as you would an event. Immortal Hulk is doing brilliantly and that doesn’t goes to show you don’t need everything to be a crossover.
    I thought Siege worked as an event, but totally agree about Infinity and especially WotR and Absolute Carnage. Hickman straight up admits that the Infinity mini were just additional Avengers issues. WotR had the conclusion to a long running story diluted by the addition of a large cast with no prior relevance to the story, and frequently felt like it was just going out of its way to set up the tie-ins. Absolute Carnage meanwhile just was not a substantial enough story to be stretched beyond one title.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I found it went massively downhill after No Surrender (which was amazing)

I didn't find the current series as interesting. I am going to give it another go though.
    Have you read “No Road Home”?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What you’re envisioning if I understand you correctly is a rebooted universe, eliminating old continuity, while making changes to the characters without making them totally unrecognisable. To me, that’s exactly whT the Ultimate Universe was, only they didn’t take away the Long running universe when they created the new one.

Personally I’ve always hated the idea of a reboot. And if they took away the continuity we’ve had for decades, that would likely end my relationship with Marvel in regards to new books. But that’s just me.
    There is that I suppose. You could lose fans.