Default What do you think Punchline's going to be like?

I am pretty excited to see her she seems interesting and I really hope her dynamic is different with Joker than Harley's was. I'm kinda hoping she's got a darker more tragic back story than Harley as well like for her life to have been pure hell until she had a bad day and turned evil then later met Joker. As for her dynamic with Joker I'd like for her to be like Shego from Kim Possible. I know them doing that would be going backwards with Joker's character but I'd like to see him be his old mischievous clownish self from time to time and I'd like his relationship with Punchline to stick out.

Essentially this is the kind of dynamic I'd like Joker to have with her if she sticks around

I'd like her to be like...immortal. Because there's a high chance these days the next writer will have Joker murder her asap because Joker has to be edgy means killing everybody WB/DC will allow to be killed off.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I confess that in that video Drakker seems the moron (false) leader of a clever (false) sidekick and I don't think I would like a similar relationship between Joker and Punchline, I would prefer if this Punchline will be like the Harley Quinn of the Talltale games and also their relationship should be similar, even if in that games Joker was too insecure, but this is due to the different stories of the Telltale's Joker and the comics' Joker.

Just like the Joker, she likes her multiple choice past in which both her and Joker tells a different story of how they met including Joker saying that he is her father.

Astonishing Member

I just want her to be somone who really likes killing people, no complex past no dramatic trauma. Just someone who was to kill as much as possible and have fun while doing it. We dont get enough evil for evil villains anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I just want her to be somone who really likes killing people, no complex past no dramatic trauma. Just someone who was to kill as much as possible and have fun while doing it. We dont get enough evil for evil villains anymore.
    Those kinds of villains are only fun for a hot minute though it's pretty rare for them to maintain popularity and even then they don't last long so I'd rather her not be so one dimensional. People think a tragic past is a door way for redemption but I disagree and that's why I dislike Harley, a tragic past can make readers more afraid of a character depending on how it's done because it shows just how far said character will go and demonstrates what they are capable of this is a perfect example of Carnage as Cletus Cassidy was abused by his mother and had a twisted relationship with her he was so depraved his tragic background only added to how scary he was. I think the same can be done with Punchline have her be the kind of character whose tragic past only adds to how scary and crazy she is.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Make her the complete opposite of Harley. A sadistic but completely sane killer, Who is extremely professional. A matter a fact don’t make her the Joker’s girlfriend at all. Make their relationship strictly professional.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Assassin by the looks of it. As for the back story, I don't care about her that much yet.

She doesn't strike me as a Shego type. Shego's mouthy. The image I got for Punchline is that she's "cool" as in "cold" but who knows. I'm not even sure if she'll be funny.

Empty is thy hand!

I know nothing about her and I'm sure this isn't what we're getting, but I think it would be neat if a character was putting on the jesterish, crazy facade just to manipulate the Joker into doing what she wants or for some ultimate goal.

I don't care if she does or doesn't have a sad backstory, I think either way though that we shouldn't know her backstory for at least a few years if not longer. Keep some things mysterious.

If she is funny, I'd prefer her to be funny in that dry wit deadpan kind of way. So mostly the straight man to the Joker, but occasionally gets that one line in that's pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't care if she does or doesn't have a sad backstory, I think either way though that we shouldn't know her backstory for at least a few years if not longer. Keep some things mysterious.

If she is funny, I'd prefer her to be funny in that dry wit deadpan kind of way. So mostly the straight man to the Joker, but occasionally gets that one line in that's pure gold.
    Sounds good. Comically serious would contrast Joker's style of humor.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds good. Comically serious would contrast Joker's style of humor.
    That's what I was thinking. Kind of like Alfred at his comedic best, or Batman in the Brave and the Bold cartoon or those few moments from BTAS. That kind of humor could play well.

Astonishing Member

She'll legit be like Mercy Graves, if I have to bet money on it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Make her the complete opposite of Harley. A sadistic but completely sane killer, Who is extremely professional. A matter a fact don’t make her the Joker’s girlfriend at all. Make their relationship strictly professional.
    I'd like that too. Though I don't mind if she and Joker are romantically involved. Honestly, if her personality is "the anti-Harley" that would make a relationship between her and the Joker unrealistic but...also kinda funny.