Thread: Tyrant vs. Thor

Default Tyrant vs. Thor

Tyrant from when he fought Thanos

Vs.

Current Herald of Galactus Thor.

616. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Thor with Odin force and the power cosmic should make this a good fight. Minus BFR, I see them pretty even.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Does herald Thor have feats that put him at least on par with Thanos?

Because Tyrant had the upper hand against Thanos during their fight, even when Thanos was using one of Tyrant power orbs, or whatever that was, against him.

And considering that Tyrant wipes out people like Silver Surfer, Terrax and Morg, herald level isn't exactly impressive to this guy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Does herald Thor have feats that put him at least on par with Thanos?

Because Tyrant had the upper hand against Thanos during their fight, even when Thanos was using one of Tyrant power orbs, or whatever that was, against him.

And considering that Tyrant wipes out people like Silver Surfer, Terrax and Morg, herald level isn't exactly impressive to this guy.
    Yes, current Thor is pretty far beyond normal herald level, and likely pretty far past baseline Thanos level. He's Thor + Odin + Herald sauce.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yes, current Thor is pretty far beyond normal herald level, and likely pretty far past baseline Thanos level. He's Thor + Odin + Herald sauce.
    I know this status hasn't been around for very long so Herald Thor hasn't been had a lot of time to build up a big repetoire of feats. But does he have anything particularly impressive under his belt yet, or is it more narrative hype so far?

And are we talking classic Odin stuff or Modern Odin stuff?

I know this status hasn't been around for very long so Herald Thor hasn't been had a lot of time to build up a big repetoire of feats. But does he have anything particularly impressive under his belt yet, or is it more narrative hype so far?

And are we talking classic Odin stuff or Modern Odin stuff?
    Feats so far, through the first 4 episodes:

Smashing Stormbreaker while he does not have the Herald powers.

Casually backhanding a charging Beta Ray Bill from somewhere outside of the orbit of a planet into that planet's surface with such force that it basically totals the surface of the planet.

LOLnopeing Galactus trying to rip power away from him.

Physically hurting Galactus.

Ripping power cosmic away from Galactus.

Holding back a universe buster for 14 seconds. He didn't stop it, he didn't really hurt it, but he did hold it back for 14 seconds.

Transporting an entire planetary population from their planet to Asgard.

That's basically all of his feats so far.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Feats so far, through the first 4 episodes:

Smashing Stormbreaker while he does not have the Herald powers.

Casually backhanding a charging Beta Ray Bill from somewhere outside of the orbit of a planet into that planet's surface with such force that it basically totals the surface of the planet.

LOLnopeing Galactus trying to rip power away from him.

Physically hurting Galactus.

Ripping power cosmic away from Galactus.

Holding back a universe buster for 14 seconds. He didn't stop it, he didn't really hurt it, but he did hold it back for 14 seconds.

Transporting an entire planetary population from their planet to Asgard.

That's basically all of his feats so far.
    Ok, yeah that's some mighty impressive stuff so far.

Hurting Galactus and ripping cosmic power away from him (sigh at jobber Galactus) and holding back a universe buster puts Thor quite a bit above the Tyrant we're using here.

Ok, yeah that's some mighty impressive stuff so far.

Hurting Galactus and ripping cosmic power away from him (sigh at jobber Galactus) and holding back a universe buster puts Thor quite a bit above the Tyrant we're using here.
    To be super fair with the feat - it's literally just holding it back for 14 seconds. It's still powerful as hell, but it's not like it puts Ultra Instinct Thor on universe-buster level or anything.