Default Pre-Crisis Validus vs Marvel Earth 616

Pre-Crisis Validus vs Marvel Earth 616.

Pre-Crisis Darkseid uses the Omega Effect and teleports Validus to Marvel Earth 616. Darkseid has inserted a mental command within Validus' brain to lay waste to everything and everyone there.

In addition, if BFR is used against Validus, Darkseid, observing events from Apokolips, will simply use the Omega Beams to remotely teleport Validus back within ten seconds.

So, for example, if Reed Richards zaps Validus into the negative zone, Validus simply reappears. Marvel Earth's defenders have to deal with him without BFR.

How does the scenario play out?

Does Validus have any mental resistance feats?

Really he just needs to punch the ground once to insta kill the planet, so speed is of the essence
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Really he just needs to punch the ground once to insta kill the planet, so speed is of the essence
    Let's amend the OP. Darkseid wants Marvel Earth to suffer, so Validus has been commanded to make the destruction take a while. No one-shotting the Earth, that's too merciful.

So Validus goes around like a Kaiju destroying cities and stuff.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In that case, one of the many, many potent psis on the planet will mindwipe him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    In that case, one of the many, many potent psis on the planet will mindwipe him.
    Is he that psychically vulnerable? I thought he could resist psis as powerful as Saturn Girl.

Validus has mental lightning which makes it hard for telepaths to read his mind, but he is also simple-minded. I assume that he is not especially vulnerable to psi attacks or else Saturn Girl would be easily owning him every time he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Validus has mental lightning which makes it hard for telepaths to read his mind, but he is also simple-minded. I assume that he is not especially vulnerable to psi attacks or else Saturn Girl would be easily owning him every time he shows up.
    Or, you know, PIS means that people forget to use their powers to further the plot.

Nearly no X-Men story should last very long unless somehow everyone is stupidly psi resistant. Most of the foes are not, but the ludicrous plethora of telepaths on the X teams seem to forget this with alarming frequency.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Could be PIS. I'm not a major Legion fan so I've only read a couple of comics with Validus involved.

If he is vulnerable to psi, he has a terrible costume with that big window pane showing his brain. It would be like Superman wearing a shirt that says "I hate kryptonite" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Could be PIS. I'm not a major Legion fan so I've only read a couple of comics with Validus involved.

If he is vulnerable to psi, he has a terrible costume with that big window pane showing his brain. It would be like Superman wearing a shirt that says "I hate kryptonite" on it.
    This made me laugh out loud. :-)

Incredible Member

Sersi turns him into a tea cup.

If Marvel earth gets prep, then Pym shrinks him down to microscopic levels and keeps him incapacitated indefinitely.

Alternatively, Franklin Richards or any other reality warper like Legion simply erases him from existence.