Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Hating Jar Jar is like people hating the word "moist"
    People hate the word moist?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I don't believe we will see an Episode X or whatever. I think the future of Star Wars will be in the past--the ancient past. The High Republic publishing initiative is setting the stage for turning back the clock in that galaxy far, far away, IMO. The High Republic is still set close enough to the Skywalker Saga (200 years before Episode I) where there can be a few tangible connections here and there, but I'm more inclined to think the next big era for Star Wars--at least as far as the big screen goes--could be in the early days of the Jedi Order, many thousands of years earlier where we can see where it all began, including possibly the invention of lightsabers and how the Sith started.
    More prequel stuff is great, but I think there is a large portion of the fanbase that would like to see what the future of the Jedi is. Because ROS doesn't really give us much insight into that. We don't see Rey vowing to train an apprentice, and we don't know what happens with the force-sensitive former storm troopers. Would be really great to see a distant future where their significance is at least alluded to, not necessarily directly, but in seeing the reformed Jedi order and the more democratic force-sensitives after years of being around.

Yeah, I'm just thinking that the past has been done so much already. The High Republic will probably milk the well dry by the time its done, considering all the pre-Disney materials already existing set in the Old Republic. Moving into the far future you can not only get a similar effect, but you get to show fans what happens way after, which frankly I think has been an appeal since the ROTJ ended and then late into the EU's existence. Not to say it will be "Episode X" or whatever, as far as we know they could be done with the trilogy episodic format altogether. But there should be a concentrated effort to move forward and let us see a new, fully formed Jedi Order and a new status for the galaxy around it, regardless what medium they choose to go with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-11-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    More prequel stuff is great, but I think there is a large portion of the fanbase that would like to see what the future of the Jedi is. Because ROS doesn't really give us much insight into that. We don't see Rey vowing to train an apprentice, and we don't know what happens with the force-sensitive former storm troopers. Would be really great to see a distant future where their significance is at least alluded to, not necessarily directly, but in seeing the reformed Jedi order and the more democratic force-sensitives after years of being around.
    I kind of wander how any New(er) Republic would be comfortable with having another offspring of a Sith Lord train the next generation of Jedi, seeing how Luke's went....(and in the novel bloodline they pretty much kicked Leia out of the senate after finding out who her real father was).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I'm just thinking that the past has been done so much already. The High Republic will probably milk the well dry by the time its done, considering all the pre-Disney materials already existing set in the Old Republic. Moving into the far future you can not only get a similar effect, but you get to show fans what happens way after, which frankly I think has been an appeal since the ROTJ ended and then late into the EU's existence. Not to say it will be "Episode X" or whatever, as far as we know they could be done with the trilogy episodic format altogether. But there should be a concentrated effort to move forward and let us see a new, fully formed Jedi Order and a new status for the galaxy around it, regardless what medium they choose to go with.
    There does seem to be more stuff coming out between ROTJ and TFA now, now that it's kind of "safe" to do so with the trilogy over. For a while it was mainly just Shattered Empire, Aftermath, the Poe comics and Bloodline; but now we've got Mandalorian, the Kylo ren comics, Alphabet Squadron and others filling in some of the gap. Although not much interesting might've happened to Luke and co. until about five years before the sequel trilogy, it's possible we'll see some connections between what's going on in Mandalorian and Palpatine's plans, for example.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There are only two possibilities who could manage to spark a little bit of interest in me.

1) the far future and/or 2) a survival tv show on Endor with hungry Ewoks chasing poor and delicious victims.

I don't hold much hope for the second possibility but the first is so much needed. The sequels smell like a rotten corpse not just cause of the abysmal writing and Rey's lack of personal hygiene but cause they bring absolutely nothing new to the franchise.

Those movies have no identity, they are just trying, awkwardly, to stole the OT's thunder.

That franchise needs to re-invent itself and a jump forward in time, with a new setup could help.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 04-13-2020 at 03:44 AM.