View Poll Results: Stars! Give it Stars!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five stars: This is my kinda WW story!

3 14.29%
  • Four stars: A nice diversion

4 19.05%
  • Three stars: If I'd never read this, I wouldn't be missing anything

5 23.81%
  • Two stars: Not the worst, but not acceptable, either

3 14.29%
  • One star: UGH!

6 28.57%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman #754 (spoilers)

This was...sweet, but slight. And let me be clear - I am not put off by stand alone issues. I *like* stand alone issues, and they don't have to be slight.

I very much like the vibe of the issue - Diana's general confidence, teamwork, and romance are all great - but it's never clear why or what kind of threat Ultraa really is, beyond sexism and homophobia, and unless I'm mis-remembering, isn't Maxima...powerful? She doesn't really do much. it's a feel-good issue, but there's not too much in the way of character here.

I do find it an interesting...choice...that DC is sticking with Finch's origin story for Donna. It's an origin story I hate, and I was hoping they'd quietly make it go away, but I guess we're at least stuck with it until 5G (if 5G actually happens?). I missed all the Deathbringer stuff, so maybe DC had already doubled-down on that origin, but I wish Orlando could ignore it - I don't know if he had the choice to or not.

I like that the four horsewomen stuff is unfolding bit by bit, much like Conway's Prime Planner/Cobra story oh-so-long-ago. I just wish the interim stories had more weight to them. Same vibe, same capable Diana, just more heft to the story.
    Last edited by Frank; 03-26-2020 at 07:59 AM.