Default Wonder Boy Lives For $750 ..And Other Strange Phenomena!

Eros the Wonder Boy, a fan creation of amazing artist, Luciano Vecchio, ..can now be brought to life for $750, through the magic of cosplay! Honestly, with the Jenkins WONDER WOMAN film, three years behind us, even I must admit ..'Wonder Boy' cosplay is a surprise to me.

The last five or six years has seen some pretty rough experimentation with male Wonder cosplay. The pictures posted online of comic-con attendees range from the awkward to tongue-in-cheeky ..to 'hope that guy makes it home, okay'. Now, the inspired fans are getting serious, with better engineered costumes that are sophisticated, comic-worthy and ready for the marketplace. Gone are the mockable costumes that leave Wonder-boys playing in big sister Diana's or Donna's closets. Pink Mason's EROS the WONDER BOY costume, tailor-made for the male machine, puts the endearing experiments of the last half decade ..into a burn unit! Check it out...

https://www.pinkmason.com/product-pa...-boy-dc-comics

There's another EVEN cooler Wonder Boy cosplay, from cosplayer Chris, right here: https://twitter.com/lucianovecchio/s...78650671439872

With no Wonder Boy toys, comics, movies or party costumes, ..one can only speculate what is driving the cosplayers. Some of these fanworks go a year or longer in production, before they ever see a comic-con. With cosplayers leading the charge into VERY expensive marketing/retail waters, we must ask if DC Comics missing another opportunity to connect to long-standing WW fans and to inspire new ones? Should there be a Wonder Boy, written into the WW or Titans comics?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-22-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Eros the Wonder Boy, There's another EVEN cooler Wonder Boy cosplay, from cosplayer Chris, right here: https://twitter.com/lucianovecchio/s...78650671439872
    Okay that's nice! That's the coolest male Wonder Woman costume I've seen and I've seen a lot. Jason only wishes his looked that good.

I wouldn't mind but not until Donna and Cassie come back to the family. I would love it if Hunter comes back. This time has Steve's and Diana's son

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Okay that's nice! That's the coolest male Wonder Woman costume I've seen and I've seen a lot. Jason only wishes his looked that good.
    I thought so...at least, a 'Deluxe Edition' class costume - but, $750?! What's surprising to me is that these recent cosplayers don't seem to be taking the Mr. Wonder idea purely for laughs, anymore. I can't believe the work and technical skill some of them are investing in these costumes.

I like Chris's 'Wonder Ranger' look, the best. I especially like that he ditched the tiara, which seems a little too Disney princessy for any guy of any age... https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...78650671439872

As for Jason, I think he looks better with bronze and blue, than black, and a much bigger chest emblem. He would've made one helluva successor for the Olympian, if someone hadn't decided to cram him in, as Diana's twin brother!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-22-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

I wish Wonder Woman's costume more closely resembled the second one! Fully covered torso! Pants!

Even the first costume, with the fully covered torso and shorts would be interesting to see (although I can easily see it being drawn as though Diana was just wearing body paint).

It would be great to one day see a true "Wonder Boy" (... Wonder Warrior?), but ONLY after Donna Troy and Cassandra (Cassie) Sandsmark are properly integrated into Diana's mythology as a former and current Wonder Girl respectively. Once Cassie has matured enough to chart her own path as a superhero, then a male sidekick would be good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I wish Wonder Woman's costume more closely resembled the second one! Fully covered torso! Pants!

Even the first costume, with the fully covered torso and shorts would be interesting to see (although I can easily see it being drawn as though Diana was just wearing body paint).

It would be great to one day see a true "Wonder Boy" (... Wonder Warrior?), but ONLY after Donna Troy and Cassandra (Cassie) Sandsmark are properly integrated into Diana's mythology as a former and current Wonder Girl respectively. Once Cassie has matured enough to chart her own path as a superhero, then a male sidekick would be good to see.
    You know...I never imagined Wonder Boy being Diana's sideorder, hanging around her and Etta, all the time. I'm hoping he might be more like Batgirl, dropping by for the occasional team up, before leaping away to do his own funky Wonder thing, ..and maybe, in another city. I don't really see him needing Diana, so much, being his own guy and, while wearing the brand, ..more independent, than Cassie.

Don't really see Diana needing a sidekick, anyway. Do you?

Yea. Unlike Batman, Diana doesn't do sidekicks. If we had Wonder Boy maybe a different name. Since we have Wonder Girl. Something unique to him.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That is a phenomenal looking costume! If only I had an extra $750 lying around....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Don't really see Diana needing a sidekick, anyway. Do you?
    Not if Diana had a solid, canonical group of supporting characters to challenge her and expand upon her characterisation in a meaningful way. But, in the absence of that, sure why not?

Diana doesn't need a sidekick to help her in battle or to defeat her foes. But, Diana (in my mind) would like to be a mentor to others, to help them learn, grow and develop new skills and confidence before embarking upon their own, independent path. Start small and go from there, like they somewhat did with Cassie. And seeing Diana pass down the wisdom of the Amazons to a male sidekick is interesting to me. Even better if the sidekick was formerly a minor league "villain" (or perhaps the wayward child of a villain) and Diana is also rehabilitating them or helping to turn them away from a life of senseless violence.

But, DC don't even know what to do with Donna and Cassie, so I can't see them introducing a long-term, permanently canonised new sidekick any time soon.

I would love to see Etta utilized, as she was in Forties...friend AND sidekick. The idea, then, was that any woman, from any background...any shape, could be a Wonder Woman. Now it seems that only hot, perfect, athletic people get to be wonder-people, and that flies in the face of everything Diana has ever been about. Etta really is Diana's Robin, and not her Jimmy Olsen.

That said, I would love to see a girl or a younger woman following Diana, through her adventures, adopting her ideals ..and becoming a hero, in her own right. Maybe, even becoming a Wonder Girl.

When I think of a Wonder Boy, I imagine him championing freedom and peace in his homeland or hometown, in the same way that Wonder Woman did for Man's World in World War II. I imagine him carrying the ethos of the Amazons into his situation, whether it's a small town in America or a foreign country. I would hope that, while sharing Diana's ideals, he had a purpose and mission of his own that kept him out of the WW comic, for the most.

I think most of us fans, who like the idea of a Wonder Boy or similar character, don't want to see him replace Donna or Cassie. Most of us just think it would be cool, knowing he was out there, somewhere, wearing his own uniform and being celebrated for championing the same things Diana has. Batgirl isn't in every issue of Batmans comic, but swoops into stories to help out; that's sort of how I see WB fitting into the mythos.

Anyway, ..if there are fans, who are willing to part with $750, to bring WB to life for a weekend or a few Halloween parties, it might be time to give the idea a chance.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-23-2020 at 01:23 AM.