Default Got any favorite Hudson U-era stories for Dick Grayson?

The teen wonder. The 1970s. So, do you have any particular favorite Robin stories from this era?

Everything by Mike Friedrich I absolutely love. Some of my favorite stuff with the character.

I view that run by him as one continuous story or season of sorts.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

How about his first day at Hudson U when he got mixed up with the Citizens of Tomorrow - Today!

Incredible Member

There's some fun ones in there, like the Batgirl team-up in Brave and the Bold or maybe it was Bat Family. Another story I recall vaguely was Dick Grayson playing both sides of a student protest... I know there's a classic Spidey story with that same premise but IIRC there's a similar one with Dick and Robin... there's a hike and he has to get back in time, i don't remember exactly. Oof, sorry for the vagueness. A lot of the details didn't leave a lasting impression and my memory is bad.

The feeling I remember coming away with on my recent-ish revisit was how much of a dork/square Dick was in his Hudson years in the 70s. He feels very much like Burt Ward's version of Dick in that era, even though the Ward version was in high school I think and this was a little bit later.

Astonishing Member

I've got a couple for a few reasons.

The debut of Duela Dent which is sort of like an Agatha Christie novel for a hot second while there's this crime/mystery novelist (Christine Ariadne) who left a final manuscript at Hudson U and that's the McGuffin Duela is stealing. The Joker's Daughter schtick ... stuck ... but Duela Dent would more accurately be called "Copycat Girl". Her gimmick almost immediately became "a girl who dresses up like an alt-cosplay fangirl version of every other super-villain". Which is frankly a WAY BETTER GIMMICK.

There's one from Batman Family # 1 where basically Satan revives Benedict Arnold from hell and sends him to mess with modern culture that makes almost no sense except to get Robin and Batgirl to punch their palms and talk about American values and stuff. I guess it's pseudo-relevant. Dick was studying a lot of law stuff and Babs was running to basically be AOC in the 70s.

There's one where Dick's college girlfriend Lori is dating this guy Corby who is an evil agent of M.A.Z.E., a spy. He's also abusive and terrible. He gets shut up pretty hard.

And last of all ... the one that's my actual favorite ... it's not straight up a Dick story. But it is fundamentally a Hudson Era story that has important history and legacy.

The Demon's Quest.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

There's one from Batman Family # 1 where basically Satan revives Benedict Arnold from hell and sends him to mess with modern culture that makes almost no sense except to get Robin and Batgirl to punch their palms and talk about American values and stuff. I guess it's pseudo-relevant. Dick was studying a lot of law stuff and Babs was running to basically be AOC in the 70s.
    I do know that one, thought I wouldn't call Barbara AOC at all. I like it, despite the cracky-ness. Bicentennial celebration talk, if I recall correctly.

There's one where Dick's college girlfriend Lori is dating this guy Corby who is an evil agent of M.A.Z.E., a spy. He's also abusive and terrible. He gets shut up pretty hard.
    I have an issue with characters being "punished" for dumping heroes/main characters (even when a relationship isn't working) by having their next love interest be evil.