Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Nobody in Doom moves as fast, or faster than light. And you sure that isn't aim dodging? No one has ever been a legit bullet timer in either franchise so I am skeptical about anyone moving as fast or faster than sound let alone light.
    Have you played DOOM ETERNAL the marauder is ridiculous. also the SPEED OF LIGHT feat is referring to how fast the marauder reacts with his Shield

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't want to stereotype here.

But you see an old thread resurface and the post is from a new user with a name like "LoreKeeper" and your heart just sinks a little.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't want to stereotype here.

But you see an old thread resurface and the post is from a new user with a name like "LoreKeeper" and your heart just sinks a little.
    T_T I usually don't get involved but I did this time around as the people descusing it above look and replie as if they cant calculate or have never played a doom game other than the dude who replied with the YT vid which was going off of only 2016 for its info.

sorry to disappoint

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoreKeeper View Post
    T_T I usually don't get involved but I did this time around as the people descusing it above look and replie as if they cant calculate or have never played a doom game other than the dude who replied with the YT vid which was going off of only 2016 for its info.

sorry to disappoint
    No worries man, I'm just joshing you.

I also have played like two Halo games ever like over a decade ago and I haven't played any of modern Doom.

However, the write up you've done on the previous page seems exceptionally generous in its estimations of the Doom Guy. Like, take your claims of the Marauder having lightspeed reaction times. Let's look at the game and character in question:

I see nothing in this clip that indicates anything close to lightspeed reaction time. Barely anything above peak human to be honest.

What's your basis for claiming the Doom Guy or anyone in the Doom franchise having reactions on that level?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    No worries man, I'm just joshing you.

I also have played like two Halo games ever like over a decade ago and I haven't played any of modern Doom.

However, the write up you've done on the previous page seems exceptionally generous in its estimations of the Doom Guy. Like, take your claims of the Marauder having lightspeed reaction times. Let's look at the game and character in question:

I see nothing in this clip that indicates anything close to lightspeed reaction time. Barely anything above peak human to be honest.

What's your basis for claiming the Doom Guy or anyone in the Doom franchise having reactions on that level?
    dodging speed heck no SHIELD deployment yes as in game if u shoot at him at all or even raise your GUN SHIELD UP even with an auto clicker active his shield deploys faster than it can fire

also his speed is determine how close you are to him the closer the faster his reaction. you fight him a few more time after this fight a bunch while he has HEAVY demons helping him and some super heavy demons

now it might not be light speed but he can deploy his shield faster than the light filling up a room so if thats not a rough guess at it his shield reaction speed then X-X ill change it the earlier reply
    Last edited by LoreKeeper; 06-20-2020 at 05:02 AM.

If you're going to apply that kind of logic to DoomGuy when appraising his feats... you'd have to apply it to Chief as well.

Which is gonna give you an answer you don't like, surely.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If you're going to apply that kind of logic to DoomGuy when appraising his feats... you'd have to apply it to Chief as well.

Which is gonna give you an answer you don't like, surely.
    I've seen chiefs feats nothin in his entire Universe equals up to what the slayer has done

All-New Member

Chief wouldnt even be able to dmg the the slayer rven if he wer to stip buttazz naked and let the chief shoot him.

All-New Member

No matter the reality it LITERALLY says it in his lore he cannot be defeated

Not to mention Dimensional adaptability

Doom slayer steps into Halo reality suit and body changes to become the strongest being withing that reality that would not lose
    Last edited by LoreKeeper; 06-20-2020 at 08:17 AM.

I've seen chiefs feats nothin in his entire Universe equals up to what the slayer has done
    Chief wouldnt even be able to dmg the the slayer rven if he wer to stip buttazz naked and let the chief shoot him.
    Here we have a perfect example of bias influencing feat appraisal.

I suppose, if anything, this thread necromancy is an amusing example of what not to do. Welcome to the board, LoreKeeper. I suggest you read the rules.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All-New Member

And im literaly qouting it how it happens in eternal and in 2016. its not apraise for the character. Its literal Facts and proven feat If you want I could throw in his Runes Id love to see how MC does against DIO type shyt
    Last edited by LoreKeeper; 06-20-2020 at 08:22 AM.

All-New Member

So its bias if its qouting Direct FACTS and proof found in game???

I've played Loads and loads of halo literally nothing in halo can top what Doom slayer can do after the divinity machine.

If you have something proving other wise by all means post it pls

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Here we have a perfect example of bias influencing feat appraisal.

I suppose, if anything, this thread necromancy is an amusing example of what not to do. Welcome to the board, LoreKeeper. I suggest you read the rules.
    https://youtu.be/HxJlaTI_LWs

The beam he jump into is what you align the 3 rings to make upon there alignment thr kahn maykr confronts u in which you have a boss fight that the slayer literally shatters the armor of a transdimensional OMNI with his fists then after the fight the slayer jumps into the beam.made from Time, Space, Reality then u start final sin after recking into the side of a skyscraper. The openings in his armor exposing his flesh are un-dmged as is his suit so what in all of HALO can dmg something that not even infinite energy OR AN OMNI could even dmg
    Last edited by LoreKeeper; 06-20-2020 at 08:38 AM.

So at this point you're just refusing to read and follow the board rules in favor of pushing your biased take down everyone's throat. Good for a chuckle, but that's about it.

Arx Inosaan

No matter the reality it LITERALLY says it in his lore he cannot be defeated

Not to mention Dimensional adaptability

Doom slayer steps into Halo reality suit and body changes to become the strongest being withing that reality that would not lose
    That is not how the board works. Please read the rules.

We go by feats here not what the lore says. Especially considering Doomguy can get wrecked by random mooks in the game. It's best to go by feats.

Furthermore, you can't really say that he'd be the strongest automatically because we go by what his feats have shown and how it would compare to the feats of other characters in those universes.

For example, I have yet to see anything from Doomguy that would compare to DBZ characters or the higher end One Piece or Naruto characters for example.

Please read the board rules and abide by them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.