Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The upcoming Death Battle will pit spoilers:
    Sanji against Naruto's Rock Lee
    end of spoilers.

the spoilers just dropped and we got a big reveal upcoming: Kaido's Fruit will be revealed this week!!!

I should get more active in this thread.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's a pretty big feat but this was definitely Zoro's chapter. I'm also still so happy to see Marco around kicking it! We're itching closer to the big battles!

side:
    I've noticed this debate in the One Piece reddit, who do you think are more likely to join the crew Momo and/or Carrot or Yamato?

i've noticed most people agree Carrot will probably join permanently but it seems like the people who think Yamato will join strongly are against Momo joining. personally, I don't see Yamato joining the crew. it doesn't make any sense to me. people think she'll join because she asked and because she's "Oden" and actual Oden joined Roger's crew for a time. Luffy mirrors Rogers' journey, sure, but he isn't a copy-paste of his journey, and Yamato doesn't have a real reason or connection to the actual crew that it would make sense. what role would she fill? Carrot could be lookout, and Momo would be an apprentice, but Yamato doesn't have a role beyond "Fighter" and Luffy has more than enough commander level fighters; especially with Jimbei finally linking up.
    I doubt Momo ends up on the crew. I really see at the end of this arc him ruling Wano with Yamato taking the position of one of his samurai besides Kinemon and the others. I can see her pledging to keep him safe until he comes of age. To really mirror Rogers crew the Straw hats need a mink and Carrot fits the bill perfectly to me.

Man, too bad this thread is not much active, i would rather talk here than Reddit that only have fanboys talking about powerscaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I doubt Momo ends up on the crew. I really see at the end of this arc him ruling Wano with Yamato taking the position of one of his samurai besides Kinemon and the others. I can see her pledging to keep him safe until he comes of age. To really mirror Rogers crew the Straw hats need a mink and Carrot fits the bill perfectly to me.
    Yamato wants to see the world, Kaido imprisoned her for so long i doubt she'll stay in Wano and not going into the sea with Luffy. Also, she wants to be Oden and he was in the Pirate King crew.

Carrot is with Straw Hat for so long now that would be wierd for her not to tag along.

Momo'll definitely stay in Wano to rule the country.

I'm hyped for chapter 1000, can't wait to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Man, too bad this thread is not much active, i would rather talk here than Reddit that only have fanboys talking about powerscaling.

Yamato wants to see the world, Kaido imprisoned her for so long i doubt she'll stay in Wano and not going into the sea with Luffy. Also, she wants to be Oden and he was in the Pirate King crew.

Carrot is with Straw Hat for so long now that would be wierd for her not to tag along.

Momo'll definitely stay in Wano to rule the country.

I'm hyped for chapter 1000, can't wait to read.
    I don't see Momo ruling. much in the same way Oden left Wano before taking his crown, Momo is likely going to leave with Luffy (future Pirate King) to become a man before taking over in Wano. I see Hiyori being the one to actually rule Wano, with the remaining scabbards by her side, considering she's the one whose actually been living in Wano, knows it's goings on, already has the heart of the people, and knows the will of the people; unlike momonosuke who's been gone for 20 years and is a child. All the great pirate crews from Roger to Rocks to Whitebeard all have apprentice pirates, all of whom were around Momo's age when they joined and we have already seen Momo building a mentor-mentee relationship with Zoro.

I don't think Yamato is gonna keep up the Oden persona once Wano is reopen. however, having read the fan translation for chapter 1000, I do think it's possible that Yamato maaaay end up coming with the crew as the personal guard for Momo (taking over for Kinemon) to help him learn about Oden's life and secrets. that's the only way I see Yamato joining the crew, otherwise I see her going her own way.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-27-2020 at 10:49 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

But Momonosuke doesn't bring anything to the table by joining the crew. Just like Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi and all the others royals Luffy helped around the way. And Momo already said, to Kaido, that he is the one that will be Shogun of Wano. Being a pirate is not his dream, is not even a motivation for him.

Yamato has more reasons to go to the sea than Momo, she was a prisioner her whole life. And judging by her conversations with Ace, she won't be in Wano much longer, since the only reason she is stuck in Wano is cause of her father put her in explosive cuffs.

But Momonosuke doesn't bring anything to the table by joining the crew. Just like Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi and all the others royals Luffy helped around the way. And Momo already said, to Kaido, that he is the one that will be Shogun of Wano. Being a pirate is not his dream, is not even a motivation for him.

Yamato has more reasons to go to the sea than Momo, she was a prisioner her whole life. And judging by her conversations with Ace, she won't be in Wano much longer, since the only reason she is stuck in Wano is cause of her father put her in explosive cuffs.
    unlike the other royals, no one is going to put Momo on the throne after all this, he's 8. Also he's a kozuki, who are more connected to the secrets of the will of D., the poneglyphs, and the void century than the other royals. plus the mystery of the Voice of all Things and the way he can communicate and control Zunesha, Oda is planting seeds that he's going to be necessary for the Endgame of the story. also none of them had a role to play but, again, all the great crews have an apprentice. I don't think he needs a literal crewmen role (like a lookout or a navigator) just like his father didn't when he was on the Roger's and Whitebeard's ships. the apprentice/cabin bou role is pivotal to the Pirate Crew (in One Piece) because they represent the passing on of dreams. Luffy already acknowledges Momo and if Momo wanted to join to become a brave a warrior/man (the same reason Usopp joined) i don't see Luffy rejecting him. the biggest obstacle I see is Luffy telling him to be able to hold his own, and if Usopp and Nami can survive I'm sure Yamato will be fine because shonen.

conversely, Yamato serves no narrative purpose for being in the ship beyond another fighter considering spoilers:
    she already gave Oden's journal to Momo anyway
    end of spoilers. Also she could do is tell them spoilers from Oden's journey, which Luffy wouldn't go for. Yamato may have known Ace but she doesn't have any real relationship with Luffy, which is pivotal because Luffy's crew are his friends/found family first and Luffy already outright rejected her being on the crew. Yamato doesn't need to leave with Luffy either, if the borders are open she could leave with any number of people who came with Luffy (Law, Kid, The Minks, Marco, etc.) or simply venture out on her own like Ace and Luffy did. I don't think Yamato has a reason to continue cosplaying as Oden by the end of Wano since Oden's dream would have been achieved. Other than pretending to be Oden, Yamato has no more personal reason to join than any number of auxiliary characters have had; other than to maybe help teach and protect Momo.

currently following:

Being eight doesn't mean anything, he can still be the Shogun at young age while having the red scabbards being his advisors. Here in Brazil we had a Emperor that rose to power at age of twelve. Hyori doesn't seem to be a character that want to be in power.

About the mysteries, Momo can't read Poneglyphs unlike his pops (Also, that's why Roger wanted him with his crew), don't have any knowledge about void century. Luffy could also hear Zunisha, just like he could hear the Sea Kings. The Crew is already set for thoses mysteries.

I just don't see why we spend all theses years bringing Momonuske to Wano so him could abandon it again. Just for him to be a apprentice of the Straw Hat. He has his hands full trying to bring Wano back to its glory.

But we'll see, just don't know when, this arc is long asf.

About Yamato, maybe she is not the next member of the crew, but she is 100% leaving Wano after this arc is over.

Edit: Oh, and Shanks didn't accept Luffy into his ranks cause he was too young even with after he ate Gomu Gomu no Mi, and Luffy was 6 years old at the time.

When Shanks joined Roger, he was around 12 years old.

So, to me, if Momo is too Young to rule Wano, he is also too young to basically go to war along with the Straw Hats.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-28-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Being eight doesn't mean anything, he can still be the Shogun at young age while having the red scabbards being his advisors. Here in Brazil we had a Emperor that rose to power at age of twelve. Hyori doesn't seem to be a character that want to be in power.

About the mysteries, Momo can't read Poneglyphs unlike his pops (Also, that's why Roger wanted him with his crew), don't have any knowledge about void century. Luffy could also hear Zunisha, just like he could hear the Sea Kings. The Crew is already set for thoses mysteries.

I just don't see why we spend all theses years bringing Momonuske to Wano so him could abandon it again. Just for him to be a apprentice of the Straw Hat. He has his hands full trying to bring Wano back to its glory.

But we'll see, just don't know when, this arc is long asf.

About Yamato, maybe she is not the next member of the crew, but she is 100% leaving Wano after this arc is over.

Edit: Oh, and Shanks didn't accept Luffy into his ranks cause he was too young even with after he ate Gomu Gomu no Mi, and Luffy was 6 years old at the time.

When Shanks joined Roger, he was around 12 years old.

So, to me, if Momo is too Young to rule Wano, he is also too young to basically go to war along with the Straw Hats.
    I agree that that Yamato is definitely going to leave wano. I personally like the theory that she and Marco are gonna become members of one of the other Supernova crews. I can see Marco joining up with Law, Law's crew is tragically underwhelming for a Supernova when you compare to like Luffy or Beige; hell, at least Kid has the unique distinction of having another Supernova under his command like Luffy. I don't think Yamato is suited for Kid's crew tho, so maybe she joins Law too, unless someone else joins the fray, or she could form a new crew with whoever is left without a clear allegiance after the dust settles.

Shanks and Buggy joined Roger at 9, Nekomumushi and Inuarashi were around 10 when they joined were linked uo with Oden and Whitebeard's crews as apprentices with him, and Blackbeard joined Whitebeard at 12; momo isn't much younger. with the exception of the Minks who have naturally enhanced strength, Momo's devil fruit and connection to Zunesa more capable of survival on a Yonko ship than the average orphan.

He's also not abandoning Wano, Wano placed their hope in Momo because they thought he was the last shred of hope to end Orochi's tyranny; but they've ended the tyranny. everyone though Hiyori was dead, but not only is she alive she's also beloved and respected, but she also has lived with the people and know what they actually want. they wouldn't need Momo in wano right now, a Momo needs to grow to live up to the legacy that was forced upon him. he's grown since Punk Hazard to Wano but I don't see him reaching that goal, that dream (see what I did there ), by the end of Wano.

we also know has far as we know he cant read them but his connection to the voice of all things is far stronger than Luffy's, who's to say he couldn't pick it up eventually or that they won't need him going forward? I believe we still don't know what Momo learned from when he stayed on Zou to try to further commune with Zunesia. and while Luffy isn't one for spoilers spoilers:
    Momo now has Oden's journal from Yamato and the other straw hats like Nami and Robin might find the information useful.
    end of spoilers

ultimately I guess we'll have to wait and see. also, it is nice being able to actually discuss the topic amicably. the reddit has too man diehards, purist, and casuals mixing to have any kind of production discussion half the time. I wish there were more people on this forum who could interact on this thread.

let's have a more positive discussion: if not the Straw hats, which crew would you put Yamato?

currently following:

I like Yamato a lot, so i wish she could join Luffy. But if not the straw hat, maybe Law? The Heart Pirates are so boring, they're mostly used for comedic purposes and can't keep up with other fighters. I think only Jean Bart is a notable warrior. So she would be a great addition and if Law stays with Luffy, we can keep following her in the story.

It's funny that she became one of my favorites in such short time, it only happen before with Sanji. It usually takes some time for me to warm up to the characters, even when the new Straw Hat were being introduced, so it looks like she may even crack my top 5.

I like Yamato a lot, so i wish she could join Luffy. But if not the straw hat, maybe Law? The Heart Pirates are so boring, they're mostly used for comedic purposes and can't keep up with other fighters. I think only Jean Bart is a notable warrior. So she would be a great addition and if Law stays with Luffy, we can keep following her in the story.

It's funny that she became one of my favorites in such short time, it only happen before with Sanji. It usually takes some time for me to warm up to the characters, even when the new Straw Hat were being introduced, so it looks like she may even crack my top 5.
    I think they would fit in with Law more easily but I actually would love for them to join Kid's crew because they don't really fit in with them. Yamato wants to get the most out of their freedom and Kid's crew are down for whatever, their moral alignment will probably clash BUT for it to work you'd have to find that mutual respect, and I think finding that happy medium would be cool.

personally I think Yamato is fine but I don't get the enthusiasm around them tho. I like the ace relationship, and the context to Oden's legends they provide, but the character themself doesn't really move me one way or the other. I don't even think Yamato is in my top 20 honestly.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

He, not She. Yamato identifies as Male

I Forgot, sorry. Even though Oda didn't help by putting in Yamato's presentation card as Daughter of Kaido. I'm curious to see if he'll keep the impersonating Oden after Wano or comes to terms with his bloodline.