DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #3
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    card stock variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by JEROME OPEÑA
    card stock variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    1:25 card stock variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    1:100 black and white card stock variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    All aboard! When the Justice League launches its assault on New Apokolips, the team’s goal is to free Superman from his solar prison. But it’s all going off the rails when they learn that the Man of Steel is gone for good thanks to the Anti-Life Equation. Plus, the deep secret of the Darkest Knight is revealed—but how much darker could the Batman Who Laughs possibly get? And don’t miss the surprise return of everyone’s favorite wanna be Robin!
    ON SALE 08.11.20

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #8
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by EVAN “DOC” SHANER, JEFF LEMIRE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, JOËLLE JONES, MICHAEL AVON OEMING, LIAM SHARP, ANDRÉ LIMA, SANFORD GREENE, CULLY HAMNER, YANICK PAQUETTE, DAN HIPP, DAVID MACK, DARICK ROBERTSON, DAN JURGENS, BILQUIS EVELY, FABIO MOON, MICHAEL ALLRED, RYAN SOOK, ALEX MALEEV, JOHN TIMMS, DUNCAN ROULEAU, and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Beginning a special two-part comics storytelling event! Over the course of two spectacular issues, 44 artists will dive into the 31st century—with each page starring a different Legionnaire! It starts when the team is arrested by a galactic authority that does not approve of the Legion—and it leads into an intergalactic showdown that will affect every member of the team!
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.25.20

SUPERMAN #24
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and JOHN TIMMS
    cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    Superman’s legendary susceptibility to magic is about to turn his life inside out and upside down. A mysterious new villain has come into Superman’s world to pit him against the most powerful sorcerer and agent for the Lords of Order: Doctor Fate!
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.11.20 | $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1024
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    The city of Metropolis has been rocked by Luthor’s latest attack and the drama surrounding
    Superman’s truth, and that gives the invisible mafia a new foothold to change the City of Tomorrow forever. Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege! The fallout from Superman: Villains continues as Clark Kent steps out into the world as a reporter for the first time.
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.25.20

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #11
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by CLAYTON HENRY
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JAE LEE
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    It’s Superman versus Batman as the deadly machinations of the Ultra-Humanite crash to their end! The Dark Knight has been transformed into a human atomic bomb, all in the name of wiping Superman from the face of the Earth! As Batman struggles against the urge to kill his friend, Superman must undo the damage done and help the other victims of the Ultra-Humanite’s experiments. It’s the thrilling conclusion to “Atomic” that will reverberate across the DC Universe for months to come!
    RESOLICITED | ON SALE 08.25.20

YOUNG JUSTICE #17
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    This very special issue focuses directly on the friendship at the heart of Young Justice: Conner, Tim, and Bart—a.k.a. Superboy, Drake, and Impulse. As younger men, these three iconic heroes built Young Justice on their friendship. Now their dream has grown and changed as much as they have. And with the demands of adulthood pulling them in different directions, they realize that nights like this one may never happen again.
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.04.20
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and GIGI BALDASSINI
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    card stock movie homage variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    The sequel to the bestselling miniseries continues! The Justice League is trapped on Earth, and they’ve discovered that life still survives on this dead planet! Survival is precarious, though—and with billions of infected still roaming the surface, death lies around every corner. But it isn’t just the anti-living our heroes have to worry about, because John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna are about to discover another evil growing...
    ON SALE 08.04.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #50
    written by SIMON SPURRIER
    art by AARON LOPRESTI
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    variant cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
    Special extra-size anniversary issue! It’s the final chapter of “The Rule of War”—and all the rules are broken! On the alien planet Trotha, Empress Siddinx’s plan is revealed, and it’s nothing short of world domination—with the Justice League entangled in her puppet strings. But how can the team save a population that now hates and fears them?
    ON SALE 08.04.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #51
    written by JEFF LOVENESS
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by PHILIP TAN
    variant cover by NICK DERINGTON
    At the mercy of the Black Mercy! As they return from their adventure on the planet Trotha, the Justice League crashes on the homeworld of the Black Mercy! There, they fall prey to the most powerful psychological threat they’ve ever faced! Written by Jeff Loveness (Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty), this two-part descent into the dark corners of the superhero psyche will unearth fresh horror.
    ON SALE 08.18.20

If I'm reading the solicit right, all 30 something members of the Legion are under arrest, and for the next two issue of Legion we'll be dedicating a full page to each member?

So instead of a classic Legion roll call, it's a string of Legionnaire mugshots? That's hilarious.

Or is the framing device each of them being interrogated and explaining their deal first hand?

Either way that's a pretty solid and funny way to properly introduce 30 something members of a team without just doing a flat out data book.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-15-2020 at 04:26 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon's new look is really growing on me. Maybe it's because i am missing new52 superman.Funny enough i hated the costume.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As a lifelong fan of Charest pin ups, I have to say that Superman on the JL #50 cover hilariously doesn't work for me.

Kind of a disappointing month in general from the looks of it. But I am still intrigued by the use of Fate, and even if Shazam is unrelated that collection still features Ordway and Swan.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon's new look is really growing on me. Maybe it's because i am missing new52 superman.Funny enough i hated the costume.
    Might be because you're seeing it from a few more angles, and from a few different artist? We were introduced to it in a sketch by Sook rather than him fully rendering it.

I'm just wondering when we'll be getting to it in Legion because he'll already have it in Action Comics.

Superman captured? Check.
    Superman brainwashed into a villain? Check.
    Superman having to be stopped by the actual heroes of the story? Check.

Never change, DC. At least he looks cool I guess, but damn, its self parody at this point. Also seeing right through the idea that this is Wonder Woman centric. Its not. Its still Bat centric. Hell in the latest interview on Newsarama about the story, BWL/other Batman stuff is the only thing Snyder even talks about. She'll just be in it a lot. But its not about her mythos at all. That would be a true WW centric event.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-15-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    While we have a "Year of the Villain" and a batman event, and a Joker event. Literally nothing changed since the new 52 except the names.

Supergirl wasn't resolicited - because her final issues are now digital only.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50238-supe...-issue-42.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Never change, DC. At least he looks cool I guess, but damn, its self parody at this point. Also seeing right through the idea that this is Wonder Woman centric. Its not. Its still Bat centric. Hell in the latest interview on Newsarama about the story, BWL/other Batman stuff is the only thing Snyder even talks about. She'll just be in it a lot. But its not about her mythos at all. That would be a true WW centric event.
    Yeah, it's just lip service so far. It's a Batman event she's got a prominent role in until proven otherwise.

Mighty Member

Seems like a lifetime the Solic came out

Thoughts:

- So I guess we're getting Superman turned bad like we got Batman turned bad in the original Metal event (setting aside how the story was about a bunch of evil Batmen to begin with).

- I'm guessing one of those new villains Bendis was talking about was a magic villain. Is he going to try and give Superman a "Face" magic villain? The only other mainly magic villains of Supes I can think of are Silver Banshee, Encantadora...I think he fought a demon once.

- I really don't care for outed Clark still being a reporter.

- I guess they couldn't resist a Batman vs. Superman fight in this comic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If I'm reading the solicit right, all 30 something members of the Legion are under arrest, and for the next two issue of Legion we'll be dedicating a full page to each member?

So instead of a classic Legion roll call, it's a string Legionnaire mugshots? That's hilarious.

Or is the framing device each of them being interrogated and explaining their deal first hand?

Either way that's a pretty solid and funny way to properly introduce 30 something members of a team without just doing a flat out data book.
    I remember you speculating we might get something similar back when the cover for #7 was released of the Legion being arrested. It would be an interesting framing device.

I feel like an interrogation would make sense since, with all those artists, you'd kind of want there to be a story for them to strut their stuff across a few panels instead of a static mugshot where the character is just standing around facing forward. Unless it's supposed to be a shout-out to the Who's Who where the mugshot/illustration is each by a different artist while the data section comes off as a police report listing the suspect/detainee's background. It would also probably be simpler because, if each Legionnaire only gets one page, there's only so much panel space you would then have to do anything with them.

How would you do Triplicate Girl's? Would all three of them be messing around or would her duplicates do her left and right side ?

I'm curious what Sook's main cover will be...maybe the Legion behind bars? In handcuffs? Or a bunch of mugshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like an interrogation would make sense since, with all those artists, you'd kind of want there to be a story for them to strut their stuff across a few panels instead of a static mugshot where the character is just standing around facing forward. Unless it's supposed to be a shout-out to the Who's Who where the mugshot/illustration is each by a different artist while the data section comes off as a police report listing the suspect/detainee's background. It would also probably be simpler because, if each Legionnaire only gets one page, there's only so much panel space you would then have to do anything with them.
    If it's a mugshot thing then my mind goes to the Guardians of the Galaxy scene where it's all unorthodox poses as someone behind the two way glass talks about the Legionnaire's deal.

But I totally agree and feel that a single page interrogation would be the absolute best way to go.

That said, given Bendis' track record with these spontaneous jam projects, it's be a mix where it's basically a splash page/pin up interrogation (possibly with the character facing the camera) where the character is showing some personality in how their sitting, standing, or emoting, and it's basically surrounded by word balloons explaining their deal.

Whatever the case, these two issues are a big necessity.

How would you do Triplicate Girl's? Would all three of them be messing around or would her duplicates do her left and right side ?
    If they make it an interrogation splash page/ pin up, I'm guessing it'll be something similar to the start of issue 5. And this could just be me, but have you gotten the sense that Triplicate Girl is Bendis' Kitty Pryde on the Legion? Ironic given the fact that Phantom Girl seems to now have new powers and less time on screen than Triplicate Girl so far.

I'm curious what Sook's main cover will be...maybe the Legion behind bars? In handcuffs? Or a bunch of mugshots?
    I would love either of those options. Maybe even a comically long police line up with holographic numbers in front of them, and each Legionnaire freaking out in their own special way (expect Lighting Lass I'm guessing).

I wonder which artist is doing which Legionnaire. Shanner seems like a lock for Jon/Superboy, I'd imagine. Or maybe Sook for Jon/Superboy if he's not doing just the overall framing device? Jones maybe for Dream Girl or Saturn Girl? Hmm, gonna have to give it some thought. Might be fun to guess.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-15-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Eh not really too bothered by Superman’s situation in Death Metal, he was basically the co-lead of the original Metal and there’s still plenty of evil Batmen. Looking forward to reading this event still, but Sacred is right. Nothing about this so far speaks to WW or her mythos at all. It’s a Batman event with WW being the POV character. I just hope Circe shows up since she was part of JLD.

Looking forward to Bendis Superman and Action, I hope this new magic villain is more Red Cloud and less Rogal.

Batman/Superman looks good still, and it looks like Batman is the one under Ultra-Humanite’s control so that evens out the DM situation to me. I really hope Willamson can help reestablish the relationship between Supes and his first foe.

Man I dropped LoSH for being boring but that artists line up is killer. I’ll have to check that out.

Loveness on JL makes me hope he’ll get more DC books when the post Death Metal relaunch hits. I’d love to see him write Superman proper on day. Interested in what Spurrier does with JL.

I hate how Jon looks exactly like his father in DCeased 2. Seriously there’s no difference between Jon and Clark here. They should’ve let him keep the long hair and I would’ve given him Lois’ violet eyes. The costume looks cool but I wish there was more red to break up the blue of the body suit, maybe something like the Smallville S11 or Eradicator suits?