Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Even if you find an instance of this, it's largely a contained anecdote rather than the norm. Similarly, due to the nature of comics, one can find contained anecdotes on just about anything, but that doesn't make them the norm. The prevailing modern re-contextualization of Clark and the Legion is Johns' take where the point is that they were just his friends and his place to feel comfortable with himself.
    I mean, that was personally one of my main takeaways from the Legion cartoon which is is also a prevailing modern re-contexualization of Clark and the Legion in my opinion, and I still think there were elements of it in Johns' take in the mutually beneficial relationship the Legion and Superboy had. But that's just me...
    That's something left up to interpretation, sure, and it's fine if that's how you or anyone else personally want to read it, but it's never emboldened, reinforced, made the norm, or made text as unambiguously as this--if at all.
    The power of subtext .
    But I'm not sitting here acting like there aren't very deliberate parallels and re-imaginings. Of course there are. Bendis, in his own words, hasn't made that a secret at all.
    It was also pretty clear from the beginning the way Bendis was setting up putting Jon with the Legion.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But that's just me...
    I don't agree, but if that's how you see it that's cool.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Is it just me, or did Cosmic Boy look white? I thought he was Asian now.

Finally got my hands on this issue yesterday ! And man, is it great ! I really, really love where this book is going.

Also, is it me or Bendis just said that Watchmen has been totally misinterpreted ? Could it hint at him trying to take DC comics away from the "Dark Era" Watchmen heralded ?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Finally got my hands on this issue yesterday ! And man, is it great ! I really, really love where this book is going.

Also, is it me or Bendis just said that Watchmen has been totally misinterpreted ? Could it hint at him trying to take DC comics away from the "Dark Era" Watchmen heralded ?
    I don't know about dark but i would like a simple superman again without all the drama and other nonsense.