Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm hoping (desperately) that with the pandemic-imposed hiatus...and thus nothing new to whine about, the complainers will find something else to hold their attention and I wont have to see their posts in the various threads...(having them on "ignore" doesn't work that well, unfortunately).

a vain, foolish hope, I know...
    Wait, what hiatus? Link pls.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Moira said that but she is behind the scenes and has zero power to enforce it. That issue highlights that Xavier and Magneto are doing their own thing and arent necessarily respecting her requests which Im sure will come back to bite them all.

She's behind the scenes but I wouldn't bet on the "zero power to enforce it", Hickman did mention their developing a series for Moira. But as you mentioned this is added to the list of upcoming plot threads that will need to be cleaned up and "burned to the ground".

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's behind the scenes but I wouldn't bet on the "zero power to enforce it", Hickman did mention their developing a series for Moira. But as you mentioned this is added to the list of upcoming plot threads that will need to be cleaned up and "burned to the ground".
    How can she enforce it? If some new young mutant with pre-cog powers is found, the Maraurders or whomever is gonna bring them to Krakoa. Xavier's gonna kick that kid out? I cant even imagine how he manages that short of using his powers to manipulate those around him. Ditto on if any of the psychics develop precog powers. The only real thing Moira can do is find a way to kill said mutants

As far as the Moira series, I was under the impression that it would be taking place in the past across her previous lives pre-Krakoa

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    All the printers and comic distributors across the US, across the world have been shut down. Shops too. There’s an international emergency going on.

BANNED

Moira could only start to have this kind of power if someone like one of the captains or Logan finds out about her. Then she'll probably start moving and making allies and making the moves she seems necessary, in case Charles and Erik start going too much against her design.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    All the printers and comic distributors across the US, across the world have been shut down. Shops too. There’s an international emergency going on.
    Yep.

While I don't think that anything like a concrete announcement has happened, it's not unsafe to assume that we are about to hit an unplanned break in publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    your genius planning this out, unprecedented
    You're my inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    It's Malice. Gotta be. I'm betting most writers are trying to forget Axis ever happened.
    Ahh here it is:

CBR: You also have two heroes who have pasts as villains after having their minds altered; Psylocke and Havok. What's it like for them to be part of this group?

Zeb: Psylocke is the babysitter, and Havok is there against his will because of an unfortunate outburst that suggested he might not be completely healed from the AXIS storyline. He’s on the team while he gets his head together.

Diamond Halts Shipments of All New Comics Due to Coronavirus Pandemic

https://www.cbr.com/coronavirus-diam...mic-shipments/

Comics Pros React to the Diamond Comic Shutdown

https://www.cbr.com/comics-pros-reac...omic-shutdown/
    Last edited by JB; 03-26-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How can she enforce it? If some new young mutant with pre-cog powers is found, the Maraurders or whomever is gonna bring them to Krakoa. Xavier's gonna kick that kid out? I cant even imagine how he manages that short of using his powers to manipulate those around him. Ditto on if any of the psychics develop precog powers. The only real thing Moira can do is find a way to kill said mutants

As far as the Moira series, I was under the impression that it would be taking place in the past across her previous lives pre-Krakoa

I don't think for a moment that Moira doesn't have a few plans/contingencies up her sleeve and is currently watching all the movement on Krakoa from her secret hiding spot no one knows about except Xavier, and Erik. Speaking of which Moira already tried trusting them both with her vision, Hickman wouldn't have made it such a big plot point and reference it directly towards the end of HOX/POX if he was then going to allow writers to have precogs on Krakoa. And don't think with all the lives she's lived, Moira is foolish enough to entrust everything she's gone through solely to Xavier or Erik. I personally think all of this is moving to a head, and yes I do think that Moira is going to enforce that rule which is why she was so adamant about it, it's the only thing protecting her secrets.

As far as a potential mutants with precognitive abilities, they could always manipulate them, I mean they didn't seem to have a problem manipulating the abilities of Monet, and Synch. Though that could have been during the resurrection protocols.

About her series was concerned I don't remember Marvel elaborating on its subject, just that it was in development and would be rolled out. But I won't be surprised if it covered her past lives AND the present, Moira hasn't had a chance to really engage what she helped build and I absolutely think that Xavier and Erik will be personally held accountable if precogs started appearing on Krakoa. But like most things the plot is still developing so we will see.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-26-2020 at 06:22 PM.

I don't think for a moment that Moira doesn't have a few plans up her sleeve and is currently watching all the movement on Krakoa from a secret hiding spot no one knows about except Xavier, and Erik. Speaking of which Moira already tried trusting them both with her vision, Hickman wouldn't have made it such a big plot point and reference directly towards the end of HOX/POX if he was then going to allow writers to have precogs on Krakoa. I personally think all of this is moving to a head, and yes I do think that Moira is going to enforce that rule which is why she was so adamant about it, it's the only thing protecting her secrets.

As far as a potential mutants with precognitive abilities, they could always manipulate them, I mean they didn't seem to have a problem manipulating the abilities of Monet, and Synch. Though that could have been during the resurrection protocols.

About her series was concerned I don't remember Marvel elaborating on its subject, just that it was in development and would be rolled out. But I won't be surprised if it covered her past lives AND the present, Moira hasn't had a chance to really engage what she helped build and I absolutely think that Xavier and Erik will be personally held accountable if precogs started appearing on Krakoa. But like most things the plot is still developing so we will see.
    How is she gonna enforce it though? Thats my question for you? She does not interact with anyone besides Xavier and Magneto bc everyone thinks she's dead. If Xavier disobeys her wishes, then what she can do about it?

How is she gonna enforce it though? Thats my question for you? She does not interact with anyone besides Xavier and Magneto
    As far as we know so far.

How is she gonna enforce it though? Thats my question for you? She does not interact with anyone besides Xavier and Magneto bc everyone thinks she's dead. If Xavier disobeys her wishes, then what she can do about it?
    That part remains to be seen, but the real question is currently how many precogs do we have on Krakoa? Another question might be how do you know she won't? We've heard nothing from Moira since the ending of HOX/POX.

Based on the information we do have, we know Moira is adamant no precogs are allowed on Krakoa, additionally we know that Destiny has put Moira and her plans directly on Mystique's path, and finally sometime in the future Moira is getting her own book. I don't have the answer for enforcement as the story is still being told. That said based on the information we do know we can surmise that given all she's experienced she'd never fully trust Xavier and Erik, nor would she give up all her power to them. IMO I feel there is a reason she's doing everything she's doing and as the story unfolds we'll find out more information. But the above panels make clear Moira's intent and I certainly don't think that plot point is going to be dropped.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-26-2020 at 06:32 PM.

That part remains to be seen, but the real question is currently how many precogs do we have on Krakoa? Another question might be how do you know she won't? We've heard nothing from Moira since the ending of HOX/POX.
    At the very least, Tarot is on the island, we see them this issue.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Moira said she had her own portal towards a city where she can eat all she whishes so I guess she can develop her own strategy without Xavier or Magneto´s help, there´s a possibility she also got in contact with Apocalypse and that´s why he seems to be very composed with all those changes, Logan is another possibility, she could talk with Banshee who would not reveal her secrets, etc. Moira always has been resourceful, at least that has not changed.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

After looking at this issue, I felt that the most appropriate name for the team is Marauders, a bunch of bad mutants except Havok. They should swap Daken with Havok instead. Havok shouldn't be here at all because he has been a hero since the beginning.

Unluckily, the name Marauders was wrongly taken by Kitty Pryde. Kitty's team should be called X-Pride instead.

They are running out of team names.

I don't think a bunch of bad mutants will last more than one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I actually agree with you.

I think the problem is that Hickman had an idea, and the idea had good concrete moorings, it got STUPID popular, and Marvel editorial having never learned a lesson is like let's put out 55 X-books like we used to and capitalize on this.
    So instead of quality, we get quantity.

What they should have done is have 2-3 main books, and then do book focused on different mutants by various writers but all under the Hickman standard, let him control it.
    That way things remain tight and the disappointment some of us feel would be lessened.
    This would be insane, DoX doesn't even have a year Under its belt, how could editorial be already losing control over who does what in their books??
    It'd be actually more worrisome to me than whatever Reason in-universe having Krakoa adopt two-speed justice as a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's nice you guys are making up a headcanon about Scalphunter/Greycrow being honorable and the QC basically acknowledging it but needing to put on "a show" to appease the Morlocks. But it's headcanon. Reality of what we're shown = he was attacked and then blamed for being the one to attack. Another evidence of the Krakoan government being an oligarchy which is *arbitrary* in its judicial practices.

I really do think it's wild how many people seem to be fine with these wildly subjective and varying decisions.... good some are at least noticing the way Kate Pryde behaves and that she is at least as violent as any of these folks who got rounded up for "therapy" under Essex's command. And I already mentioned that Sabretooth *fought guards during a mission* like that... is something Wolverine has done himself bazillions of times. Lmao... such ridiculousness that if any of you seriously still believe the QC is on the "up and up" or that "Democracy is right around the corner" wow. No it's not.

It's just more evidence of Moira the Mastermind and how all of Krakoa is one giant experiment that her demented centuries-old, fractured psyche has cooked up.

It's enjoyable as heck though so I'm not "anti Krakoa" but people need to remove their blinders and stop justifying clearly contradictory stuff
    Some people Don't understand the difference between questionning an idea and questionning the execution of said idea, hence the recurring "anti-Krakoa", "haterz" accusations etc...
    The root cause of this overall questionning is the X-Men involvement in the direction of Krakoa.
    Removing the X-Men from the QC and from the decision-making/ Policy-process of the island, and you'd have 90% of the scrutiny dropping just like *that*.
    No one cares about Magneto pushing egomaniacal supremacist talks on people, or Apocalypse pushing his ideology in the act of Crucible, or Sinister using mentally-ill people to do his biding in a kill-squad - but when they do that in front of the X-Men and said X-Men Don't bat an eye about it? This is a HUGE problem.
    It's a complete destruction of their values.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."