Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So guest starring were;

Morlocks: Callosto, Tommy, Erg, Piper and 2 I do not recognize

Hellions: Jetstream, Catseye, Roulette and Tarot

Marrauders: Scrambler, Arclight, Riptide, Prism, Blockbuster and Harpoon

Dis I miss anyone and who knows those two Morlocks I do not??
    Looks like you double-posted

In the Dawn of X Guestlist thread, Tycon named "Cybelle" and the others you mentioned.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Are we sure it's Tarot since she shouldn't bw allowed on Krakoa?
    Marie's a mutant so she's allowed.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marie's a mutant so she's allowed.
    Is she no longer a precog?

There is NO law prohibiting precogs from being on Krakoa. Marie is a mutant, therefore she is on Krakoa. She was one of two red head Hellions, and I doubt that was intended to be Firestar

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Forgot about that. Thought she only had those crappy card powers.
    "Cable was right!"

So, if Empath psychic powers are what makes him a psychopath. Shouldn't Jean, Rachel, Emma, Quentin, Cuckoos, Martha, Xavier, xandra, Psylocke, Kwannon etc all be psychos too?

I am very intrigued to see what Maddie is upto. In a nation like Krakoa where everyone gets a fresh start, where has she been hiding? Why not claim her space like every other mutant? Unless Sinister has something to do with it. We will find out I guess.

What I absolutely don't want to see happen is Maddie being evil for the sake of being evil with no agenda and no motive whatsoever. Her character is so much more. And I would hate to see Maddie harboring feelings for Scott. Like, No!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So, if Empath psychic powers are what makes him a psychopath. Shouldn't Jean, Rachel, Emma, Quentin, Cuckoos, Martha, Xavier, xandra, Psylocke, Kwannon etc all be psychos too?
    Quentin & Legion obviously. I’d go so far as to say it’s a male problem. I think what saves Charles is age. We don’t know what he like in his youth because he probably rewrote the memories of everyone he knew then.

I think you are misunderstanding Empath's powers. If Empath does something bad his powers lets him change the emotions of the people around him. Giving him positive reinforcement on his bad behavior like his own personal cheering section. While someone like Jean can just make the person forget that they ever did the bad thing in the first place.

It's spelled out in the book that the emotional aspect of Empath's powers + them manifesting at an abnormally young age are what did him in.

Art was good but this is the third iteration of an X-Force-type book they have going in addition to X-Force and Wolverine.
    Also considering the team is supposed to be babysitting those with violent/dangerous powers you'd think Omega Red and Selene (maybe bring back Sienna Blaze as your obscure X-character instead of Nanny/Orphan Maker) would have been put on this team.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

She is not a precog. She reads the tarot cards (and can see different possibilities/future) but her power is Make tangible and 3d the 2d objects. So i Dont know why she could not live in Krakoa
    Last edited by sallyblevins; 03-26-2020 at 08:08 AM.

One bright spot during this whole mandatory shelter in place is that you get bored and you find your way to this book!

MAN this was fabulous! Would never have thought to pick it up. Such a solid start for an x-book.

Psychic powers dont make a person a violent sociopath. Empath was probably already disturbed before his powers kicked in but those then gave him the means to hurt and manipulate others, thus pushing him over the edge to become a sociopath

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Quentin & Legion obviously. I’d go so far as to say it’s a male problem. I think what saves Charles is age. We don’t know what he like in his youth because he probably rewrote the memories of everyone he knew then.
    Quentin isnt a sociopath. He is mischievous but otherwise very well adjusted. Legion has bigger problems and he's legit mentally ill and I dont think thats simply bc of his powers. He doesnt come across as a sociopath either

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding Empath's powers. If Empath does something bad his powers lets him change the emotions of the people around him. Giving him positive reinforcement on his bad behavior like his own personal cheering section. While someone like Jean can just make the person forget that they ever did the bad thing in the first place.
    Jean can do the exact same thing that Empath can. The difference is Jean isnt an evil person. Empath is and his powers only allow him to easily manipulate others

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Art was good but this is the third iteration of an X-Force-type book they have going in addition to X-Force and Wolverine.
    Also considering the team is supposed to be babysitting those with violent/dangerous powers you'd think Omega Red and Selene (maybe bring back Sienna Blaze as your obscure X-character instead of Nanny/Orphan Maker) would have been put on this team.
    Selene has a functional role on Krakoa as she is responsible for monitoring its feeding.

Omega Red isnt a citizen of Krakoa, at least not yet. Besides this team is made up of people who are practically on Krakoa parole for offenses they just commited. So far Selene hasnt done anything that would warrant her being punished and forced on this
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-26-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    We start off with the preview. Wolverine, Sryn, Nightcrawler, Rockslide and Havok are on a mission to intercept the Hellfire Cult. Havok gets a little out of control and injures two of the hellfire goons, while disfigurating another. He doesn't remember anything afterwards.

The Quiet Council has a problem: what should they do with the mutants whose X-gene has made them unfit to living in a peaceful society? Havok, Scalphunter, Empath, Wild Child, Nanny and the Orphan Maker are brought to the council and we get a scene with each one of them describing why they are here.

- The first one we encounter is Empath: while on Krakoa, he seems to get a kick out of manipulating his fellow Hellions into fighting eachother, and also anyone who comes in his way. There is a data page discussing how, through his powers, every single one of his actions (even if they are hurtful to others) has received positive reactions - "the X-gene has created a violent sociopath".

- We jump off to another scene, where the Orphan Maker is lashing out at Beast and Angel because he wants the company of his Nanny. The only solution they find is to let her out of where they were keeping her. She sings a song to calm him down, much to Hank and Warren's shock.

- Sage believed she had found a medical treatment to Wild Child's explosive outbursts.. only to find out he wasn't actually taking any of his pills. He attacks Sage and Cecilia at Krakoa's medical bay. Maybe you should've found an actual psychiatrist, Tessa.

- Scalphunter is resting at a beach where he is suddenly accosted by a group of ressurected morlocks, who remind him it's the anniversary of the mutant massacre. They fight. (Storm is specially pissed off by this).

The meeting at the council takes a turn for the dramatic as Scott invades in the middle of it, shocked that his brother was sent there. Alex claims to not remember anything he did.

Mr. Sinister, of all people, then brings an important point: if all these mutants' powers are violent by nature, then is it wrong to surpress the expression of their powers? The other members seem to agree with him, much to Scott's displeasure (and Apocalypse, who hates to hear Sinister's rambling).

The decision is made: Sinister is tasked to lead this team of mutants into "therapeutic" missions where they are allowed to actually use their powers. Scott hires Psylocke as their baby sitter, suspicions that things will eventually turn wrong (I mean, how they couldn't?). She seems to act very professional about the whole thing.

The team's first mission is to destroy an abandoned clone farm that Sinister left under the orphanage where Alex and Scott lived. They believe the Marauders who haven't come to Krakoa are living there. What they don't know yet is that Maddie Pryor is also there and she has captured all of them.

---

Pretty much a perfect first issue. Sets up the premise of the book really well, while giving each character their moment to shine. In Wells we trust!
    Krakoa has officially gone down the moral gutter, if Crucible didn't make that abundantly clear already.
    Shame on you for being part of that QC crowd Storm, Jean was unimpressive as well. Only Kurt might be salvageable as an X-Man at the end of this run.

I have no words.

3.5/5

It was a great read served by great art but, I'm sorry to say, the QC is trash at this point.
    Utter, complete, absolute moral trash.
    Also, the idea that Havok is thrown in that "therapy" group (LOL) when Iceman and especially Kitty Pryde maim people weeks in and weeks out with no consequences to them whatsoever is utterly pathetic yet hilarious at the same time.

Here's what mutant "justice" looks like. Double standardized and hypocritical. Bravo.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."