Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    After looking at this issue, I felt that the most appropriate name for the team is Marauders, a bunch of bad mutants except Havok. They should swap Daken with Havok instead. Havok shouldn't be here at all because he has been a hero since the beginning.

Unluckily, the name Marauders was wrongly taken by Kitty Pryde. Kitty's team should be called X-Pride instead.

They are running out of team names.

I don't think a bunch of bad mutants will last more than one year.

Yeah that Suicide Squad book DC published back in the day never really took off.......

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeratengun View Post
    I get the feeling that GreyCrow is a plant for the council to keep tabs on Sinisters true agenda. Like most has said the QC surely know what happened between him and the Morlocks.
    Sounds like 4th dimension chess since Sinister only waited until Havok's sentencing to decide to form the rehab team.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    It was a great start, but I have a few questions though. Why does Wild Child looks like this?, he was so different in the last issue of New Mutants, and Why Empath is blonde now?
    Wild Child seems to change from kinda animalistic to completely normal looking depending on his mental state, and I'm not sure if it's a gradual thing (like, if he stays 'feral' for an extended period, he changes) or if it's all at once and in the moment. (Or, most likely, it's a result of different artists with different ideas about using him as a 'real boy' or just a disposable animalistic threat, since once characters graduated to potential team-mates, they all seem to get a hot makeover and lose any fugly aspects.)

As for Empath being blonde, I have no idea. Jetstream was a dark skinned Arab, IIRC, and Scrambler Asian, and Harpoon a chunky Inuit, and they all seem kind of generically white-ish dudes now...

I'm more curious about how Empath seems to have lost all of his previous character development, where Emma stripped him of his powers for a time as a punishment, and forced him to explore his feelings for Amara (and hers for him) *without* having his powers to fall back on, and experience the trials and tribulations of attempting to forge a real human relationship. Now he's just a generic sociopath, instead of a totally sane twerp who abused his powers, and kind of seems to be getting a 'pass' for his 'powers made him that way' instead of 'he made some really bad choices, and has to grow and learn (and atone).'

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Some people Don't understand the difference between questionning an idea and questionning the execution of said idea, hence the recurring "anti-Krakoa", "haterz" accusations etc...
    The root cause of this overall questionning is the X-Men involvement in the direction of Krakoa.
    It's very easy to misunderstand people on the internet.

Especially when a lot of people utilize it to lob general hatred and criticism as a pastime.

The way that I choose to elevate the conversation and avoid misunderstandings is that I announce my general take on something before I begin scrutinizing.
    Something along the lines of "I really like this run! But I'm not so sure about [X]" or "I'm a little lukewarm on this issue. I really liked [X] but what is [Y] all about?".
    Short clarifying segments like that are hardly inconvenient and let people know where you're coming from.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 03-27-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Moira said she had her own portal towards a city where she can eat all she whishes so I guess she can develop her own strategy without Xavier or Magneto´s help, there´s a possibility she also got in contact with Apocalypse and that´s why he seems to be very composed with all those changes, Logan is another possibility, she could talk with Banshee who would not reveal her secrets, etc. Moira always has been resourceful, at least that has not changed.
    True, and we know the Moira book is coming once Hickman feels it is time. Ol' girl is planning her moves and we're not ready!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    After looking at this issue, I felt that the most appropriate name for the team is Marauders, a bunch of bad mutants except Havok. They should swap Daken with Havok instead. Havok shouldn't be here at all because he has been a hero since the beginning.

Unluckily, the name Marauders was wrongly taken by Kitty Pryde. Kitty's team should be called X-Pride instead.

They are running out of team names.

I don't think a bunch of bad mutants will last more than one year.
    X-Pride is a terrible name.

Kate’s Mates.

Right. So what should the QC's position be on Kate and Bobby? Both did not kill anyone and both have no past as psychopathic villains or inverted personality. The two, as I said, were in situations where one was shot at close range and the other had just found his friend's body being taken for experiments. Should they talk to them before they are shot and killed? For me, their reaction was very plausible.

I also see complaints about the Crucible. What would be the alternative for all mutants who have lost their gifts? A Krakoan mass suicide campaign? This is much more disturbing to me than young people who choose (BUT THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED) to participate in a hand-to-hand battle to the death and prove their willingness to be who they once were.

And the QC is made up of 11 different mutants, with different personalities and stories. Storm or Jean Gray cannot be held responsible for a joint decision. And in this issue, they just ask that Cyclops not get involved in matters that don't concern him. People are acting as if they were taking sides with the Sinister, when in this case they were trying to figure out what to do with the problem mutants, without the emotional interference of the brother of one of those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Right. So what should the QC's position be on Kate and Bobby? Both did not kill anyone and both have no past as psychopathic villains or inverted personality. The two, as I said, were in situations where one was shot at close range and the other had just found his friend's body being taken for experiments. Should they talk to them before they are shot and killed? For me, their reaction was very plausible.
    It's a matter of consistency.
    The QC and more specifically Jean, can't insist Havok has to go through that "judgment" because he maimed some sapiens on a mission, when there are other mutants running around doing exactly the same thing who didn't face the scrutiny of the Council as a result.
    That's a double-standard.
    Extenuating circumstances can be brought up during said "judgment", sure, even factored into the décisions made, but it has to occur in the first place.
    If Pryde and Drake had been among that crowd of people who were going through the "judgment" of the QC, only for them to be dismissed from "rehabilitation with Sinister" because of the extenuating circumstances you cited, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now about the justice system of Krakoa.

Right now, it's a two-speed system.

I also see complaints about the Crucible. What would be the alternative for all mutants who have lost their gifts? A Krakoan mass suicide campaign? This is much more disturbing to me than young people who choose (BUT THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED) to participate in a hand-to-hand battle to the death and prove their willingness to be who they once were.
    No.
    Euthanisia.
    It's a real world topic and it would have been interesting to see how the Kraked grasped with its implementation in their society.
    At the very least, it would have been humane, done in a medical environment, with people able to help the transition in uncanny ways like empaths or telepaths... countrary to the butchery that is Crucible.
    Another point of contention is the fact total allegiance to Krakoa is demanded to the candidates willing to go through Crucible, eventhough by their own standard that they established on their island, the power of a mutant is his/her birthright and denying it to them is an offense greater than death.

And the QC is made up of 11 different mutants, with different personalities and stories. Storm or Jean Gray cannot be held responsible for a joint decision.
    They are Councilwomen, they absolutely can be held up accountable for the QC décisions.
    Being part of a government means owning what said government decides to do/not do for its people.
    If they had a problem with Crucible, they would have resigned from their position after its implementation.
    Same with using what are mentally-ill people as a kill squad Under the masquarade of a "treatment".

And in this issue, they just ask that Cyclops not get involved in matters that don't concern him. People are acting as if they were taking sides with the Sinister, when in this case they were trying to figure out what to do with the problem mutants, without the emotional interference of the brother of one of those involved.
    I disagree.
    Havok is Scott's brother, part of his family: Scott is de facto involved into what the QC is going to do to him as a result.
    You can call it semantics, but families shouldn't be dismissed when the future of an individual is decided.
    Also, in the case of Storm, she seemed to already consider Scalphunter guilty, eventhough we saw he was the one being attacked by the Morlocks, and knowing her history with that group, calling her own bias regarding Sinister solution can totally be put into question.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Striderblack01, People Of The Earth, this thread is not about either of you. If you want to hash out whatever drama started earlier use PMs.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Really well put together first issue. Getting tidbits on how dangerous and unstable this individuals are and how they can be handled on Krakoa poses a good question to the Island being open to just about all mutants. With the Scalphunter seen we did not get to see the whole outcome. For all we know when the Morlocks rushed at him, he could have hit them with power dampening weapons and then slowly slaughtered them. Cut Erg head off took it to the Green Lagoon and ordered 2 beers for his friend with him. Also if he did just kill them, instead of just taking them down without killing them. That is like 5 or 6 more mutants the 5 have to bring back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    True, and we know the Moira book is coming once Hickman feels it is time. Ol' girl is planning her moves and we're not ready!
    I have been wondering if Banshee knows about her. They were close, once upon a time, and he's been pretty out-of-sight through much of this Krakoa generation. Maybe he's occasionally off answering a booty call with Moira?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Havok is Scott's brother, part of his family: Scott is de facto involved into what the QC is going to do to him as a result.
    You can call it semantics, but families shouldn't be dismissed when the future of an individual is decided.
    I am not disagreeing, just something there sparks a thought.

The concept of 'family' might seem like a very 'human' position to the mutants of Krakoa, the majority of whom perhaps have *human* parents (and perhaps siblings), some of whom might even have been kicked out of said families for being mutants. I'm intrigued by the notion of what mutant society might develop in the place of 'family,' since many, if not most, mutants, such as the Morlocks, for instance, don't exactly have fond memories of family gatherings or 'home.'

Also, in the case of Storm, she seemed to already consider Scalphunter guilty, eventhough we saw he was the one being attacked by the Morlocks, and knowing her history with that group, calling her own bias regarding Sinister solution can totally be put into question.
    True that. She was totally prepared to believe what was said about Scalphunter, but he also offered not a word in his own defense, which is also interesting. Did he not think anyone would believe him? Did he think he deserved whatever was coming his way? Does he literally not care very much, and perhaps think that whatever punishment they had in mind had to be more interesting than sitting on a beach, cleaning his guns, but never getting to use them, every single day?

Wow, and those liberal firearms open carry laws on Krakoa! Fully automatic weapons? On the beach? In the hands of someone who murdered dozens of Morlocks not that terribly long ago? Yeesh.

The mutants put in the Hellions squad are there because every attempt to rehabilitate them through therapy or medication has failed. So why does Alex deserve to be there? He has barely developed this split personality, so shouldn't they have Doctor Reyes and Sage investigate his condition first before shoving him in a team filled with villains that should be treated as a last resort? Alex is not violent the majority of the time so he would be willing to go along with whatever tests or treatments he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The mutants put in the Hellions squad are there because every attempt to rehabilitate them through therapy or medication has failed. So why does Alex deserve to be there? He has barely developed this split personality, so shouldn't they have Doctor Reyes and Sage investigate his condition first before shoving him in a team filled with villains that should be treated as a last resort? Alex is not violent the majority of the time so he would be willing to go along with whatever tests or treatments he needed.
    Cecilia and Sage arent therapists. His issues are mental and a telepath such as Jean, Emma or Xavier whom have used their powers for therapeutic purposes in the past would be better suited

And Alex does have a history of violence. The only reason why he stopped was bc Emma put a bandaid over his inverted persona using Polaris memories to do so. We dont know if that has worn off but that seemed to be implied here. An inverted Alex fits right in line with the rest of these villians
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-27-2020 at 01:10 PM.