Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna isnt a telepath or doctor
    You're right she's not, but given that the patient would be Alex there would be no one that would know him better and no one that he would fight to better himself for than her, meaning if anyone could get through to him it would be her...

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=The tall man;4910215]
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Havok was wounded in that explosion that wounded Kurt as well and both were in vulnerable positions at the hands of the thugs. One can make the argument that Alex was defending both himself and an unconscious and defenseless Kurt. The same thing that Kate and Bobby have have done in the past and as some have said they were as gruesome in their actions as as he was. Only difference is that Alex was literally not in his right mind, what was Kate and Bobby's excuse?

Also why would Bishop do anything Emma says? If he felt he needed to bring Bobby's actions to the QC he would/should, Emma has no power or authority to tell him to do anything and he certainly is under no obligation to listen or do it. More likely its just the writers doing their own thing for the story they want to tell. Duggan showed a angry Iceman wanting vengeance and suffering no consequences while Wells showed a confused/disoriented Havok defending both himself and Kurt and facing consequences from the QC for his actions.
    While I agree absolutely that the "therapy " for Havoc is all wrong ,he clearly needs to be investigated first , I think you're missing something.
    Iceman , though clearly brutal , had no intent to kill . Kurt clearly states that , had he not been stopped ,Havoc would have killed the humans.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Havok wasn't just "confused/disoriented by the bomb blast. He clearly suffered a personality/mental/psychotic break between the time of the blast and Wolverine tackling him down.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Havok wasn't just "confused/disoriented by the bomb blast. He clearly suffered a personality/mental/psychotic break between the time of the blast and Wolverine tackling him down.
    Quite so.
    With Xavier , Jean and Emma present , it's quite a mystery why he wasn't " probed" immediatly.

Ultimate Member

Because then he wouldn't have been placed on this team and used as the fall guy when Sinister or one of the others goes rogue...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Quite so.
    With Xavier , Jean and Emma present , it's quite a mystery why he wasn't " probed" immediatly.
    Maybe Havok have some form of PTSD and the bombing was the trigger. It could have been the first time it manifested since Emma fixed him. To be honest, the X-men has been subjected to all types of injuries and torture I’m surprise there haven’t been more exhibiting PTSD symptoms.

Kwannon is the "fall-guy" should things go south...as it most likely will. One way or another.
    Havok is there because of his inadvertent actions. He himself doesn't know what's exactly wrong and how to possibly fix it and seemed to be somewhat resigned to the decision taken by the QC and Sinister.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Maybe Havok have some form of PTSD and the bombing was the trigger. It could have been the first time it manifested since Emma fixed him. To be honest, the X-men has been subjected to all types of injuries and torture I’m surprise there haven’t been more exhibiting PTSD symptoms.
    I've been thinking this for over 10 years ! Any normal person would have crumbled long ago.
    I can't imagine a group of people who deserve a long holiday at the Green Lagoon more than the X-Men.
    Except me , of course !

I've been thinking this for over 10 years ! Any normal person would have crumbled long ago.
    I can't imagine a group of people who deserve a long holiday at the Green Lagoon more than the X-Men.
    Except me , of course !
    At the moment, it's quite a common dream.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    At the moment, it's quite a common dream.
    Very true ! All my very best wishes to you and yours .

Very true ! All my very best wishes to you and yours .
    Thank you! You too.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

[QUOTE=The tall man;4910215]

Havok was wounded in that explosion that wounded Kurt as well and both were in vulnerable positions at the hands of the thugs. One can make the argument that Alex was defending both himself and an unconscious and defenseless Kurt. The same thing that Kate and Bobby have have done in the past and as some have said they were as gruesome in their actions as as he was. Only difference is that Alex was literally not in his right mind, what was Kate and Bobby's excuse?

Also why would Bishop do anything Emma says? If he felt he needed to bring Bobby's actions to the QC he would/should, Emma has no power or authority to tell him to do anything and he certainly is under no obligation to listen or do it. More likely its just the writers doing their own thing for the story they want to tell. Duggan showed a angry Iceman wanting vengeance and suffering no consequences while Wells showed a confused/disoriented Havok defending both himself and Kurt and facing consequences from the QC for his actions.
    Havok was clearly going to kill those guys, and he had Logan, Kurt and Syrin there to witness it. He wasn't really disoriented, more like possessed. He started talking crazy.

Bishop and Emma work together now, and he's been show to trust Emma. I can totally see her telling him not to snitch about Bobby and he agreeing.

[QUOTE=Nigel909;4910353]
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post

While I agree absolutely that the "therapy " for Havoc is all wrong ,he clearly needs to be investigated first , I think you're missing something.
    Iceman , though clearly brutal , had no intent to kill . Kurt clearly states that , had he not been stopped ,Havoc would have killed the humans.
    You're right about this. I think that Maddie might have something to do with Alex's current behavior. He died in Rosencanny, so Xavier had to resurrect him from a backup. So either that got corrupted, or this whole thing is not just Inverted Alex coming out again.

The Goblin Queen's presence could certainly be having an undue influence on her once Goblin Prince. That theory could be more interesting than referencing/bringing back the axis stuff.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Havok was clearly going to kill those guys, and he had Logan, Kurt and Syrin there to witness it. He wasn't really disoriented, more like possessed. He started talking crazy.

You're right about this. I think that Maddie might have something to do with Alex's current behavior. He died in Rosencanny, so Xavier had to resurrect him from a backup. So either that got corrupted, or this whole thing is not just Inverted Alex coming out again.
    He was snippy with Kurt before they were attacked. “Are you teaching me?”
    Which was noteworthy, as X-Men are very seldom mean to Kurt*.

I’m also looking at Maddy as the root cause. I can see no way this can go wrong...

*possibly because his best friend is quite capable of slicing them to sushi if they are?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You're right she's not, but given that the patient would be Alex there would be no one that would know him better and no one that he would fight to better himself for than her, meaning if anyone could get through to him it would be her...
    Alex will be just fine without Lorna. Let's keep them separated, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On the up side, there are a *lot* of 'bad mutants' in need of some redemption out there. Like all the rest of those ex-Marauders, and the Nasty Boys, and a bunch of Acolytes and MLF'rs and Brotherhood of Evil Mutant types.

I'd *love* a lineup that includes folks like Frenzy and Vertigo and Unuscione and Tempo and Dragoness and Phantazia, oh, I dunno, some token dude...

As an idea, it's definitely got legs.
    Agreed and I'd actually like to see some of the Marauders maybe guest-star, if they can get themselves down from Maddie's play dungeon.
    Last edited by JB; 03-28-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!