Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Wow!!! 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Easily!!!

John GreyCrow is my new favorite mutant...

Sinister is hilarious as ****

Empath... is a sick ****

Nanny and The Orphan-Maker... are weird as ****

Wild Child... reminds me of Sabertooth, minus any intellect

Havok... he’ll be fine, Scott’s willing to put his life on it!

Kwannon... Glad she landed on her feet after Fallen Angels!
    #MagnetoWasRight

The Council's failings are part of the storyline? And it would pretty boring if a recently formed nation had a perfect justice system right off the bat - I mean, what nation has that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Oh and regarding Vertigo

The Vertigo we saw among the Marauders is a Savage Land Mutate clone. So she was cloned by Mr. Sinister a few times, so he had clone material of each Marauder there, so Vertigo could (and should) be among the resurrected Marauders as well.

Fun fact with Vertigo is that while she was with the Marauders,. she was also was among the Savage Land Mutates. So there is a change the one we saw with the Savage Land Mutates is the original Vertigo and that one never died. So the original Vertigo is still alive and kicking. Somehow Mr. Sinister got a hold of her DNA and used the clone (and more after she died each time) as a member of the Marauders. Is is unknown if the original Vertigo ever left Savage Land and if she is aware Essex got het DNA.

But the character is not important enough to any writer to dig into that.
    They've actually done just that lol. Every character is important given the right writer. People used to **** on Madrox DAILY! He became quite popular.

They did this for Vertigo in Secret Empire Underground. Jeremy Whitley did it.
    RCO010 (7).jpg
    RCO025.jpg
    RCO028.jpg

She survived and kicked his butt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Krakoa has officially gone down the moral gutter, if Crucible didn't make that abundantly clear already.
    Shame on you for being part of that QC crowd Storm, Jean was unimpressive as well. Only Kurt might be salvageable as an X-Man at the end of this run.

I have no words.

3.5/5

It was a great read served by great art but, I'm sorry to say, the QC is trash at this point.
    Utter, complete, absolute moral trash.
    Also, the idea that Havok is thrown in that "therapy" group (LOL) when Iceman and especially Kitty Pryde maim people weeks in and weeks out with no consequences to them whatsoever is utterly pathetic yet hilarious at the same time.

Here's what mutant "justice" looks like. Double standardized and hypocritical. Bravo.
    I actually agree with you.

I think the problem is that Hickman had an idea, and the idea had good concrete moorings, it got STUPID popular, and Marvel editorial having never learned a lesson is like let's put out 55 X-books like we used to and capitalize on this.
    So instead of quality, we get quantity.

What they should have done is have 2-3 main books, and then do book focused on different mutants by various writers but all under the Hickman standard, let him control it.
    That way things remain tight and the disappointment some of us feel would be lessened.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I get the feeling that GreyCrow is a plant for the council to keep tabs on Sinisters true agenda. Like most has said the QC surely know what happened between him and the Morlocks.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's nice you guys are making up a headcanon about Scalphunter/Greycrow being honorable and the QC basically acknowledging it but needing to put on "a show" to appease the Morlocks. But it's headcanon. Reality of what we're shown = he was attacked and then blamed for being the one to attack. Another evidence of the Krakoan government being an oligarchy which is *arbitrary* in its judicial practices.

I really do think it's wild how many people seem to be fine with these wildly subjective and varying decisions.... good some are at least noticing the way Kate Pryde behaves and that she is at least as violent as any of these folks who got rounded up for "therapy" under Essex's command. And I already mentioned that Sabretooth *fought guards during a mission* like that... is something Wolverine has done himself bazillions of times. Lmao... such ridiculousness that if any of you seriously still believe the QC is on the "up and up" or that "Democracy is right around the corner" wow. No it's not.

It's just more evidence of Moira the Mastermind and how all of Krakoa is one giant experiment that her demented centuries-old, fractured psyche has cooked up.

It's enjoyable as heck though so I'm not "anti Krakoa" but people need to remove their blinders and stop justifying clearly contradictory stuff
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I think some of you are missing the point of this grouping of characters. Their powers inherently make them dangerous or they have some psychological damage. Havok blacked out and has no memory of his "evil persona" taking over. That is an issue he needs to work through and the QC seems to think this may be a solution (I'm not saying I agree). They aren't here specifically because they harmed a human.
    Correcto.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Wow!!! 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Easily!!!

John GreyCrow is my new favorite mutant...

Sinister is hilarious as ****

Empath... is a sick ****

Nanny and The Orphan-Maker... are weird as ****

Wild Child... reminds me of Sabertooth, minus any intellect

Havok... he’ll be fine, Scott’s willing to put his life on it!

Kwannon... Glad she landed on her feet after Fallen Angels!
    Ditto! Such fun
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Guys, I think this stuff with the Quiet Council is very intentional on the part of the writers. They're putting out meeting after meeting where there is obviously a lack of foresight or wisdom, while the friction starts growing with some characters. I think Krakoa's form of government changing will be its own event. And you can't really fault Cyclops for being super worried about his brother, and Sinister is the least trustworthy one there outside of Apocalypse or Mystique.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time until Sinister sends them into a heavily populated area and they inadvertently kill people. Or Havok's anti-human Inversion comes out in full.

There was a tidbit that Sinister threw out that is dangerous, and that is the codification of a mutant's power expression as a birthright. Considering how random mutants' powers can be, if you get a death-field mutant again their power would instantly earn them a spot in the hole. That would piss off a whole host of character. So something like that shouldn't have been accepted offhand like that.

Actually, how the heck would "mutant's powers are birthright" work with someone like Leech?

BANNED

leech is particularly young so his powers can evolve, and also power dampeners seem to be an option rogue outright refuses.
    I saw more like the comment that mutations cant really be removed or ignored since they are so important to the mutant and we know its more like a limb or a muscle than just an added ability, they can't just erase what doesnt work and need to be more flexible to deal with the very very varied types of mutants.
    Empath is the most explored example where his social issues ARE caused by the x-gene.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-26-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    leech is particularly young so his powers can evolve, and also power dampeners seem to be an option rogue outright refuses
    Leech can control his powers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thank you I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Actually, how the heck would "mutant's powers are birthright" work with someone like Leech?
    See what I mean? The moment you make mutant power expression an inviolable birthright, you put yourself in a serious bind with certain powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro
    leech is particularly young so his powers can evolve, and also power dampeners seem to be an option rogue outright refuses.
    I saw more like the comment that mutations cant really be removed or ignored since they are so important to the mutant and we know its more like a limb or a muscle than just an added ability, they can't just erase what doesnt work and need to be more flexible to deal with the very very varied types of mutants.
    Empath is the most explored example where his social issues ARE caused by the x-gene.
    That doesn't really work with the concept of mutant wills. Being revived with other powers or bodies seems perfectly okay to them, so the powers seem less like a limb and more like an accessory. Of course, it varies. Folks like Rockslide need their powers to simply exist.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 03-26-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And he's living his best life on the island.

In fact, not a bad idea to have him around some of these questionable mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    See what I mean? The moment you make mutant power expression an inviolable birthright, you put yourself in a serious bind with certain powers.

That doesn't really work with the concept of mutant wills. Being revived with other powers or bodies seems perfectly okay to them, so the powers seem less like a limb and more like an accessory. Of course, it varies. Folks like Rockslide need their powers to simply exist.
    we only know about the wills from one convo, where scott and kurt were not a fan of the idea and saw a thousand possible problems, its not a fact yet just an idea that makes sense to arise in this new culture, but until it becomes a reality I will wait and uphold my judgment