Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Who cares about boring, old fashioned human justice. Jails are so 2019. Let the bad guys be bad guys.
    The QC can send them on another island if they want to be sure the 'psychopaths' don't harm anybody… and make them crushing stones.

I don't think them hurting people outside Krakoa can be consider as 'therapeutic' anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    QC is aware of what occurs on Kitty Pryde's mission, there's no way they Don't know about the violence she's up to, same with Iceman.
    Heck, even beyond the Council, those three women are friends, and Jean and Ororo are friends with members of the Marauders as well - and Ororo is even part of that Marauder's crew.
    They know.
    I never said they dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The QC can send them on another island if they want to be sure the 'psychopaths' don't harm anybody… and make them crushing stones.

I don't think them hurting people outside Krakoa can be consider as 'therapeutic' anyway…
    They want to rehabilitate them and not just place them in jail. They think their mutations are what's making them act like this and confinement and medication haven't worked in the past so they're trying a third way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They want to rehabilitate them and not just place them in jail. They think their mutations are what's making them act like this and confinement and medication haven't worked in the past so they're trying a third way.
    That third way has them check out on morality though, I wouldn't care if it was just Apocalypse, Magneto and the other morally-corrupts part of that council, but it's shocking to see Jean and Ororo willing to even entertain that mascarade.
    Moral collapse for them.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think that's mostly an editorial oversight.
    Kate and Bobby did not kill the human bad-guys in Marauders...although Bobby did come close (understandable under the circumstances) when Bishop intervened.

Here, Alex was going in for the absolute kill until Wolverine stopped him...his reaction immediately after indicated some mental/psychological disturbance (axis reversion?) similar to what the Hellions have experienced.

My one nit...the Morlocks attacked Greycrow. He was minding his own business when Cal and Co. accosted him...and they certainly were not defenseless.

I absolutely LOVED and enjoyed this issue...the art, the pacing, the plot.

It's unfortunate I have to wait months for issue 02.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My one nit...the Morlocks attacked Greycrow. He was minding his own business when Cal and Co. accosted him...and they certainly were not defenseless.
    Scalphunter seems to be actually reformed, fighting off his victims' attacks soundly but not snitching that they attacked him. Of course, they also didn't admit they attacked him, either, so who'd know unless you lived on an island of telepaths? Maybe he thinks he deserves to be punished. His control over Wild Child also makes me think he's also reformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Is it too much to ask that the Hate Everything Krakoa vitriol (by the same posters, every. single, thread.) be limited to the Downfall thread?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I finally had a chance to read this. I have always been afraid of Empath after all the horrible things he did in those old New Mutants story. However, the data page on him makes sense of WHY he behaves the way he does. That's good writing. The art on this was fantastic and this was one of the better number 1's in Dawn Of X. I had little interest in this book now I can't wait to see how things turn out. And I hope we see more of the other original Hellions.

Spectacular Member

Well I hugely enjoyed that issue and I must say I'm a little disappointed to see so much negativity.

The only problems I could see were the telepaths not investigating Havoc , and the fact it was very unclear what had actually happened between Scalphunter and the Morlocs.

The criticism of the QC , I do not understand. Their situation is set out :

"This is troubling. We've given predatory mutants a home in paradise"
    "It is our responsibility to make a place for them"
    "Such is the promise of Krakoa"

The pit is clearly not an option as no human was killed.
    So they go for therapy .(very unconventional therapy , unlikely to be helpful in the real world , but in our comic world we have to accept Xavier has considerable expertise )

As for Kitty and Iceman ;
    They were not there
    It wasn't about them
    Kitty is currently dead
    Kurt states that Havoc was going to kill had Logan not stopped him . Iceman was carefull not to kill.

I just don't see any problems.
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-26-2020 at 11:04 AM.

This thread is negative? Won't bother reading then.

We love to see mutants who are prison abolitionist (except for Sabretooth good riddance) rehabilitationist icons.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Scalphunter seems to be actually reformed, fighting off his victims' attacks soundly but not snitching that they attacked him. Of course, they also didn't admit they attacked him, either, so who'd know unless you lived on an island of telepaths? Maybe he thinks he deserves to be punished. His control over Wild Child also makes me think he's also reformed.
    Yes.
    I can see him not snitching and willingly agreeing to the ruling because he just was bored out of his mind.

Spectacular Member

Is it too much to ask that the Hate Everything Krakoa vitriol (by the same posters, every. single, thread.) be limited to the Downfall thread?
    Nice idea , but I suspect not a chance !

Exactly what i have been hoping to see since the announcement of this book. I hope they keep going after him and the rest of the OG maurauders...often and more

Attachment 94890

Attachment 94891

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    They said Sabretooth and Scalphunter are the only marauders, who were never cloned. Think they explained it with their healing factor.

And seeing Blockbuster again brought back memories of his "fight" against Thor. Mocking a Norse man is never a good idea god or not^^

Regarding Empath, he was in the same Position than Killgrave. Even in the 80s with the implied stuff they did it was great if People were immune to their powers to give them a beatdown. Doom and Magik were great for that^^ Other than that Empath is one of the few that should be candidates for depowering. If not permanent get him a damper.
    They've been cloned. If you look at some of the old X-force issues before Remenders run, they found a bunch of them in there.

I don't know much about Greycrow and why he has a racist codename.

But at least this book might make him more 3-dimensional than an Indigenous man that... hunts scalps.