Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Gorgon, Iceman and Kitty are precise. Yeah, they did a lot of damage to that people but they know perfectly when to stop.

Havok at that time did not know when to stop. He was out of his mind.
    Disagree. Maim isn't being precise

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    So, how about that new Hellions book?
    Yeah , I loved every page . I don't know what's the problem.

And Storm has always been a goddess to me .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Disagree. Maim isn't being precise
    Not sure Barman would agree.

That scene with Bobby was pretty brutal , but was it meant to be realistic or gritty or was it meant to show a shift in the xmens character ? I don't know.

But let's think about comic book violence , it's usually hopelessly unrealistic so perhaps we're just not used to seeing it so graphically. Just imagine what Bobbys power would actually do to a human.
    Very recent spend died of a subdural after being assaulted by Daredevil , so a hint of reality there too. If it happened to Daredevil , what would being hit in the face by Collosus do , or being blasted through a wall by Cyclops ?

Spectacular Member

Actually , I've just looked at that scene with Bobby again . At the end he actually withdraws his ice . I don't think I've ever seen him do that before . He usually just leaves his victims encased in a block of ice , where they would no doubt die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    In the scan you posted she had to use the gun to get rid of the guys exactly because she doesn't have powers similar to Vision. She doesn't manipulate her own density, that's Ultimate Kitty Pryde. Please don't make me take the receipts on Kitty's powers and feats, we're not on Comicvine.
    You need to stop taking the comic at its word that it was the right thing the characters did simply because the comics did it. I didn't say she had density manipulating powers, I said her powers are similar to Vision. Both use phasing but they're not identical - like she has to stop breathing to activate it. I hadn't any luck finding examples but I'm sure she was able to neutralise opponents with her powers before, otherwise she's stuck being useless in the field with a passive power her whole career until she started crippling people. Which isn't correct.

The depowering tech took down two Omega Level mutants. It was energy based and it's been shown to work without needing skin to skin contact (see Armor in New Mutants). Also, it's been shown to be dangerous enough to alarm the Council.
    Except it's not mass produced that everyone can have it, as the scans showed. They still required ordinary guns. Of course the Council would be interested in their enemies acquiring mutant dampening tech, that isn't a sign it's the worst thing they can expect. Those would be Sentinels.

Fact is: she was not in an easy situation. Power dampening tech, teammates down, and she couldn't even use the gates to escape or ask for backup. She didn't even know if she could be resurrected had she been killed. Plus the freaking children.
    But it was another day at the office. Kitty's entire super-hero career is being in situations like that and she didn't have team mates who could get resurrected by Xavier as a failsafe.

I think people are missing the deal with Scalphunter taking the rap. He hates the morlocks and defends himself from them, but he hates authority more. He’s not a grass.
    He was the only one who came to Krakoa out of all Sinister’s Marauders. It’s more likely he is slowly trying to redeem himself.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

One of my favorite parts of this book was Orphan Maker punching out Hank while saying i dont want a nap. It encapulized the different type of circumstances that this team has. I'm hoping they delve more into the the relationship between Nanny and the Orphan Maker.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So, how about that new Hellions book?
    I really enjoyed it from cover to cover. I wasn't expecting Maddie showing up at the end so that was a great surprise.
    I also enjoyed seeing the QC deliberating and discussing important matters.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-30-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You need to stop taking the comic at its word that it was the right thing the characters did simply because the comics did it. I didn't say she had density manipulating powers, I said her powers are similar to Vision. Both use phasing but they're not identical - like she has to stop breathing to activate it. I hadn't any luck finding examples but I'm sure she was able to neutralise opponents with her powers before, otherwise she's stuck being useless in the field with a passive power her whole career until she started crippling people. Which isn't correct.

Except it's not mass produced that everyone can have it, as the scans showed. They still required ordinary guns. Of course the Council would be interested in their enemies acquiring mutant dampening tech, that isn't a sign it's the worst thing they can expect. Those would be Sentinels.

But it was another day at the office. Kitty's entire super-hero career is being in situations like that and she didn't have team mates who could get resurrected by Xavier as a failsafe.
    Maybe you couldn't find examples because she's never used her powers like Vision to incapacitate an opponent lmao? She can't phase her hand and disrupt people, it only works on electronics. She needs to turn solid like she did in Marauders and fight hand to hand if she wants to use her powers offensively. Hence the katana and the H2H training.
    Example: during the Quarantine arc of Uncanny X-Men Sebastian Shaw called her bluff because she was threatening him by phasing his hand inside his chest, but he said clearly that she would have needed an object to threaten him like that, otherwise she'd lose her hand. She's not like Vision, like at all.

I guess you're not reading Marauders, but the power dampening tech is both 1) heavily produced (of course not every soldier will be equipped with power dampening armor, it's the ones who are that are dangerous) 2) it's energy based so when they shoot at you you're dead against an army of soldiers with ordinary guns. Even without the power dampening tech in consideration, it's still a situation against an army of soldiers with guns with civilians, teammates down and no escape. Call it another day at the office, but it was still a very bad situation with teammates at risk, children at risk and her own life at risk (and she didn't even know if she could be resurrected). Had they died, the children would have been sent to the gulags. Your reasoning that she's had it worse is kinda dumb since then all of her fights would be pointless since she can do it all with ease, and it doesn't take into account the different variables in each situation, such as the ones I listed here (civilians, teammates down etc).

But we're derailing the thread at this point.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I also said it wasn't the only thing tied to godhood, gods are able to revive themselves and/or transcend death, which is Snowbirds case, and which is also the case of the asgardians.
    That's not true with Storm.
    But you are right, if Snowbird had the same limitations than her, I would be questionning her status as well, it's just not the case though.

Loki's case is debatable, true, but even as a "simple" Jotun, he's much closer to that divine status than Storm is.
    So, what is it then, that makes something a god? Storm can 100% come back from the dead thanks to The Five. How is being brought back by them any different than eating one of Idunn's apples, feasting on nectar and ambrosia, or any of the other varied and external forces that grant other gods their longevity and immortality?

What makes Loki's non-divine mythological background any closer to godhood than Storm's own mythological background?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I liked the brief interaction we got between Sage and Cecilia.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They've obviously become BFFs in DoX

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've really liked her interactions with Domino, too. It's good to see her developing some new relationships, but I also really pine for her partnership with Bishop. If not for her time and attention being devoted to X-Force, I'd actually love to see her in the Hellfire Trading Company working under Bishop in the same capacity she ostensibly held for Shaw in the old HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I'd actually love to see her in the Hellfire Trading Company working under Bishop in the same capacity she ostensibly held for Shaw in the old HFC.
    whoa!
    Yes! Yes!
    Bishop's thiccness+ Sage's bricKness!!
    XXX-Men
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    whoa!
    Yes! Yes!
    Bishop's thiccness+ Sage's bricKness!!
    XXX-Men
    Bishop is seriously looking too damn good in Marauders to be a solo act right now.