Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Emma has spent much if any time with the Hellions since they were brought back. She's been quite busy with her own stuff
    I actually meant from before and stuff way back when.. but that is a good point.. They need to show her with her students all of them Hellions and Genx.. Now all I want is a MOnet vs Empath clash..

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Welp gotta subscribe now. TOo good a book.

Also anyone get Suicide Squad Deadshot vibes of Scalphunter?
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    this book is very similar to tieri's weapon x, it was very similar to Suicide Squad, iirc that book had Wild Child, Sabretooth, Scalphunter, Marrow, Mesmero, Madison Jeffries, Aurora, Maverick and Sauron. And it lasted like 3 years.
    On reader's take...

It felt just a little bit more like "Secret Six" Deadshot.

In addition, the overall take feels a little bit more like "Secret Six" than "Suicide Squad".

BANNED

The best panel in the book for me was this one.

fav1.jpg

This is a great book of characters I give no shits about but was so well written, drawn, and paced. I picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I actually meant from before and stuff way back when.. but that is a good point.. They need to show her with her students all of them Hellions and Genx.. Now all I want is a MOnet vs Empath clash..
    Even if she had, they were kids and they died whereas Empath aged and became more experienced with his powers

BANNED

This was pretty good. Sinister is a riot.

Wayyyyyyyyyyy better than I expected.

GOD JAM IT!
    I totally threw shade when the book was announced....totally flipped the script with how awesome it was.
    I guess Ill really like COTA
    le sigh

Even the comments are good....

I also dont like the whitewashing of Jetstream
    Ugh I know right....like do the Xoffice have some pique with dark skinned dudes?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Havok didn’t even know what he did, and Scalphunter was the one who got attacked. Punishing the mentally ill and false judgment. Quite Council is honestly not looking great here.
    Well Havok SAYS he doesnt know. Eh Scalphunter should made himself scarce, If the dude who killed almost all my friends and family was around on the day (or any day really) but especially on the day he did the killing. I'd prob squad up and step to him.
    who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was a little unclear what was happening with Greycrow. The caption to his scene was, "The Ghosts That Haunt". It made me think perhaps he was hallucinating and ended up attacking on his own.
    Hmmm maybe....I mean it would make more sense than Callisto
    A.Not wearing that white jacket Emma gave her
    B. Stepping to ScalpHunter and not 100% on kicking his ass up and down the beach
    C.Recruiting fvckin Tommy! in her revenge squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    just hoping that by the end of the book he's back to his old self fully...
    Hiding in the shadows with a flat top, and playing with Summers DNA?k

So did Scalphunter kill the Morlocks? They seemed hell bent on going after him bc if they died, they'd just be brought back but it would be hilarious if they are now at the back of the line behind the other 16M+ mutants that need to be resurrected bc they really arent that important for Krakoa longevity. Idiots!
    Gah I soooo wanted to see them kick his dumass
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

~Callisto leading Morlocks Erg, Cybelle, Tommy, Piper & Masque (?) into combat against Scalphunter, with the intent of making him pay for his part in the mutant massacre. The next page has Ororo accusing Greycrow of attacking a ‘defenseless’ group of Morlocks, which makes me believe he won that fight. Which is honestly surprising- I would’ve thought that Callisto could take him down even without backup. Maybe it was his healing factor that give him the edge. I got the impression that Greycrow covered for the Morlocks after they attacked him on the beach, doing the more honorable thing in accepting the punishment given the way he has victimized the Morlocks in the past.

~I wonder what Madelyne is doing with the Marauders. If its mutant blood she’s using in some form of ritual it can’t be good. Interesting that Riptide, Scrambler, Harpoon, Arclight, Blockbuster & Prism are there, but Malice & Vertigo are absent. And Chimera, who has been running with the Marauders too.
    Hmmmm I guess that would be the only way to redeem that whole interaction. The Morlocks need a damn win...or at least a tie.
    Well Malice is a psychic entity...how you gonna get her blood?
    And Vertigo is a mutate right?

Question: How fvcked up do you gotta be to startle Mr. Sinister??

Answer:
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    In having a think about other mutants that may fit the Hellions mold, I propose Typhoid Mary, Zero, Wither or Threnody join the cast down the line.
    In thinking on this further, Typhoid Mary is a perfect fit for the Hellions. Her Dissociative identity disorder and the scale of her powerset makes her a prime candidate. Whilst primarily a Daredevil foe, she's had a couple run-ins with the X-Men, and I'd love her to be given a chance at redemption. And the nature of her psyche means we're getting several characters really, all of which will interact differently with the cast and the premise. She's a bit of a Swiss army knife too between her pyrokinesis, telekinesis & telepathy, which would come in handy on this mutant taskforce.

Kenji/Zero is a misguided artist and the monstrous member of the Lights. I think he'd still harbor hard feelings towards Hope and some other characters. Maybe an attack on The Five would trigger the Council to assign him to Sinisters Hellions.

Wither has an inability to touch any mutants of the mutants on Krakoa, and possibly couldn't even make contact with the living island itself without crumbling its organic properties. Selene warped his perception of the X-Men, and I'm sure he'd resent Elixirs new role on Krakoa, but with the encouragement of his peers (including a resurrected Wallflower) maybe he'd resign himself to 'therapy'

Threnody has a history with Sinister and she's carrying a great deal of trauma after the loss of her child. Her mutant abilities are incredibly interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmmm I guess that would be the only way to redeem that whole interaction. The Morlocks need a damn win...or at least a tie.
    I think it makes sense. The first step towards redemption for John Greycrow.

Well Malice is a psychic entity...how you gonna get her blood?
    True. Assuming it's the blood Madelyne was harvesting. It could be their X-Gene or soul essence. Or maybe she's just drawing out the X-Men and the OG Marauders are just a means to an end.

And Vertigo is a mutate right?
    Yeah I've always kinda hoped that the experimentation just triggered Vertigos latent mutant gene to activate. Same goes for Lupa, Lorelei, Whiteout and the rest of the Savage Land Mutates. If not, Sinister could always implant one in her DNA. Give her Whisper Dolls telepathic immunity or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I remember him having brown hair and brown eyes at first glance I thought he was new Pyro.
    Maybe he always wanted to be a blond. I'm thinking he requested the makeover when he got rebooted to get his hands back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Maybe he always wanted to be a blond. I'm thinking he requested the makeover when he got rebooted to get his hands back.
    Errr I think youre thinking of Hellion
    GrindrStone(D)

Amazing Member

I don't see why Xavier doesn't modify their minds to cure them of their 'affflictions' brought about by their mutations or miscellaneous reasons especially Alex. Seems more humane than being on parole one step away from becoming chow permanently for Krakoa or being lobotomized by Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    GOD JAM IT!
    I totally threw shade when the book was announced....totally flipped the script with how awesome it was.
    I guess Ill really like COTA
    le sigh
    Yup This is example of wait until you actually get your hands on the freaking book before you judge it. When I first saw this book I thought it was a easy quick cancel but we can clearly see why it got made "X-men meets Suicide squad" works really well. Now this book like Fallen Angels probably has natural conclusion. I don't think it will go on forever but I don't think the numbers will be why this book ends it will be story having a natural ending imo. And I can see in the future them putting together another group of mutants like this with a similar mission for another run. Books like this just shows off the versatility of the X-franchise I think this can become a staple much in the same way "X-men meets Sliders/Quantum Leap" Exiles and "X-men meets A-Team/Mission Impossible/Expendables" X-force are concepts X-men keep going back too.

Everybody hating on CotA this is why you wait on until book is released, If this Hellions can keep up the quality it is easily in the top three books in X-line with much improved X-men and X-force. I don't think anybody could see that coming before hand

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Very readable, entertaining. Essentially "the star" was Nathan Essex and the end "twist" with the Maddy reveal was cool.

Overall... pretty crazy and wild but enjoyable
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Ah yes then maybe Scrambler.

If there is a clone of Creed waiting for them...
    They said Sabretooth and Scalphunter are the only marauders, who were never cloned. Think they explained it with their healing factor.

And seeing Blockbuster again brought back memories of his "fight" against Thor. Mocking a Norse man is never a good idea god or not^^

Regarding Empath, he was in the same Position than Killgrave. Even in the 80s with the implied stuff they did it was great if People were immune to their powers to give them a beatdown. Doom and Magik were great for that^^ Other than that Empath is one of the few that should be candidates for depowering. If not permanent get him a damper.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 03-26-2020 at 01:06 AM.