Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hellions #1 spoilers and discussion

We start off with the preview. Wolverine, Sryn, Nightcrawler, Rockslide and Havok are on a mission to intercept the Hellfire Cult. Havok gets a little out of control and injures two of the hellfire goons, while disfigurating another. He doesn't remember anything afterwards.

The Quiet Council has a problem: what should they do with the mutants whose X-gene has made them unfit to living in a peaceful society? Havok, Scalphunter, Empath, Wild Child, Nanny and the Orphan Maker are brought to the council and we get a scene with each one of them describing why they are here.

- The first one we encounter is Empath: while on Krakoa, he seems to get a kick out of manipulating his fellow Hellions into fighting eachother, and also anyone who comes in his way. There is a data page discussing how, through his powers, every single one of his actions (even if they are hurtful to others) has received positive reactions - "the X-gene has created a violent sociopath".

- We jump off to another scene, where the Orphan Maker is lashing out at Beast and Angel because he wants the company of his Nanny. The only solution they find is to let her out of where they were keeping her. She sings a song to calm him down, much to Hank and Warren's shock.

- Sage believed she had found a medical treatment to Wild Child's explosive outbursts.. only to find out he wasn't actually taking any of his pills. He attacks Sage and Cecilia at Krakoa's medical bay. Maybe you should've found an actual psychiatrist, Tessa.

- Scalphunter is resting at a beach where he is suddenly accosted by a group of ressurected morlocks, who remind him it's the anniversary of the mutant massacre. They fight. (Storm is specially pissed off by this).

The meeting at the council takes a turn for the dramatic as Scott invades in the middle of it, shocked that his brother was sent there. Alex claims to not remember anything he did.

Mr. Sinister, of all people, then brings an important point: if all these mutants' powers are violent by nature, then is it wrong to surpress the expression of their powers? The other members seem to agree with him, much to Scott's displeasure (and Apocalypse, who hates to hear Sinister's rambling).

The decision is made: Sinister is tasked to lead this team of mutants into "therapeutic" missions where they are allowed to actually use their powers. Scott hires Psylocke as their baby sitter, suspicions that things will eventually turn wrong (I mean, how they couldn't?). She seems to act very professional about the whole thing.

The team's first mission is to destroy an abandoned clone farm that Sinister left under the orphanage where Alex and Scott lived. They believe the Marauders who haven't come to Krakoa are living there. What they don't know yet is that Maddie Pryor is also there and she has captured all of them.

---

Pretty much a perfect first issue. Sets up the premise of the book really well, while giving each character their moment to shine. In Wells we trust!
    Last edited by nandes; 03-25-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Man, give Storm an inch of power and it goes right to her head lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    *doesnt let personal relationships overrule her decision-making in the government*

“iT gOeS RiGHt To hER hEaD”

If :|A|: and Exodus could have their way Sinister would be pulp right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    *doesnt let personal relationships overrule her decision-making in the government*

I was trying to figure out what he even meant by that statement. Lol
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If :|A|: and Exodus could have their way Sinister would be pulp right now.

I was trying to figure out what he even meant by that statement. Lol
    I'm loving the Exodus - Sinister bickering since HoX( there were already seeds there) .I bet Apoc and Sinister both having a team now feel pretty good about themselves. Exodus better call his squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm loving the Exodus - Sinister bickering since HoX( there were already seeds there) .I bet Apoc and Sinister both having a team now feel pretty good about themselves. Exodus better call his squad.
    Exodus could have an Extinction Team kind of team, honestly. To deal with big threats that require enormous force.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Tell that to Scalphunter

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What do you want from a woman who considers herself a goddess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    She is a goddess.

Denial is a hell of a drug.

Dammit it happened again, I didn't want to like this but I was intrigued the whole time.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    She is a goddess.
    From which religion?

From which religion?
    She’s a god of Wakanda.

Years have affected her a great deal: she was such a simple girl in the past.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member

Hands down the best X-men book that came out today!!! A compelling story with awesome visuals. Welcome back Mr. Wells. The team is a hot mess and I’m here for it!!!