Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Art was good but this is the third iteration of an X-Force-type book they have going in addition to X-Force and Wolverine.
    Also considering the team is supposed to be babysitting those with violent/dangerous powers you'd think Omega Red and Selene (maybe bring back Sienna Blaze as your obscure X-character instead of Nanny/Orphan Maker) would have been put on this team.
    Selene probably would fit with this team's purpose but Sinister likely isn't willing to try to control her.

BANNED

I think some of you are missing the point of this grouping of characters. Their powers inherently make them dangerous or they have some psychological damage. Havok blacked out and has no memory of his "evil persona" taking over. That is an issue he needs to work through and the QC seems to think this may be a solution (I'm not saying I agree). They aren't here specifically because they harmed a human.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I think some of you are missing the point of this grouping of characters. Their powers inherently make them dangerous or they have some psychological damage. Havok blacked out and has no memory of his "evil persona" taking over. That is an issue he needs to work through and the QC seems to think this may be a solution (I'm not saying I agree). They aren't here specifically because they harmed a human.
    Thank you. These mutants have sociopathic issues because of their mutations, so they're trying to treat them by letting them express their mutations instead of using incarceration or medication (that, especially with villains in the MU, are rarely the solution). It's a fun take on reabilitation and it might end up badly (it most probably will end up badly), we'll see.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It worked when Psylocke(OG) did it on Mystique. She's been far less psychotic and more trustworthy since then
    She didnīt lobotomize Raven, I think she only helped to put a litte more order in her head, itīs not quite clear how she did it but Raven is still Raven and the reasons why she lost her mind in the first place are still there, thatīs why I think it doesnīt work in the long term unless the people interested do some personal changes in their life. Another example is Magneto, Moira tried to make experimental genetic changes on him to make him more mentally stable but this stopped working once he used his powers again, he only has gotten better since he personally began to take psyquiatric medicine and has a kind of therapy sessions with Xorn.

The hellions need something to make them more stable but also they need to want to get better, I can see Havok and the marauder leader, dont remember his name, wanting that, imo the fact he didnīt said the truth of what happened is because he feels guilty about his past actions and thatīs a very good sign but the rest need a lot more help in wanting to get better for their own good.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-26-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Writers don't read each other books... there is lots of violence on Marauders with zero consequences

People have been talking about krakoa failure of justice system since Sabretooth judgement

I hope ororo and Jean didn't agree with Sinister overseeing the team at least
    That justice system is a joke at the moment, but maybe it's the point of the writers, highlight how the Kraked are failing in the same ways sapiens are failling in other countries? If so, they are doing a remarkable job here.

Ororo came off as particularly bad, and it's worse for the telepaths in the room, not one to actually look for the Truth eventhough they had the powers to do so, that's just pathetic.

I only saw two X-Men in that room, they were Cyclops and Nightcrawlers, the others are failing the name hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    We didn't see who vote what. Jean and Storm reaction to Scott it can go both ways. They might try to agree with Sinister as a way to protect Alex from a harsh punishment.
    We don't know but they have blame on what happens after.
    That's not relevant.
    Jean is a telepath, she could have read Alex's mind to figure out what happened to him right there. Instead, she insists he has to be part of that group of judged when Kitty Pryde sit next to her in the Council doing ten time worse to the sapiens she fights...
    As for Storm, she didn't even bother Learning the other side of the story from Scalphunter, she had already made up her mind about him being guilty.
    Filthy hypocrites, the both of them.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That's not relevant.
    Jean is a telepath, she could have read Alex's mind to figure out what happened to him right there. Instead, she insists he has to be part of that group of judged when Kitty Pryde sit next to her in the Council doing ten time worse to the sapiens she fights...
    As for Storm, she didn't even bother Learning the other side of the story from Scalphunter, she had already made up her mind about him being guilty.
    Technically Kitty has never sat next to anyone at the QC meetings

Im surprised Emma didnt chime in to try and read Alex' mind since she is the one that initially fixxed it in Blue. Obviously what she did, didnt work longterm so you'd think she'd be more interested in why

BANNED

That justice system is a joke at the moment, but maybe it's the point of the writers, highlight how the Kraked are failing in the same ways sapiens are failling in other countries? If so, they are doing a remarkable job here.

Ororo came off as particularly bad, and it's worse for the telepaths in the room, not one to actually look for the Truth eventhough they had the powers to do so, that's just pathetic.

I only saw two X-Men in that room, they were Cyclops and Nightcrawlers, the others are failing the name hard.

That's not relevant.
    soooo you complain when these villains arent acountable, but then also complain when the laws established towards humans and their past crimes are remembered?
    you just want to be anoyed at the narrative without any consistency to your opinions or your posting, villains are scott free, you whine, villains are accountable, you whine.

Im surprised Emma didnt chime in to try and read Alex' mind since she is the one that initially fixxed it in Blue. Obviously what she did, didnt work longterm so you'd think she'd be more interested in why
    Maybe when he died in UMX and we revived, his inverted self was his best self to resurrect to.

BANNED

Good for you if you Don't care about "human" justice, just don't go talking about the righteousness of mutantkind after making such a post though.
    being righteous got them dead kids in their school yard, who gives a crap about it

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Rationalizing the use of sociopaths to further one's own agendas, now where did we saw that exactly? Ah, yes - Suicide Squad. Sinister did what Amanda Waller did back over at DC.
    Also, psychological damage cannot be treated by enabling said psychologically-damaged individuals to spiral into violent situations.
    It's wrong on many levels, individually, morally, legally - though it seems Krakoa's justice system is a joke for the time being.
    Crazy-talk all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thank you. These mutants have sociopathic issues because of their mutations, so they're trying to treat them by letting them express their mutations instead of using incarceration or medication (that, especially with villains in the MU, are rarely the solution). It's a fun take on reabilitation and it might end up badly (it most probably will end up badly), we'll see.
    Lol about Sinister trying to "rehabilitate" those characters, it's not what's happening here but brave of you to try and sell that mirage.
    It's like the people who were up and swearing Crucible was an act of euthanisia a couple of weeks ago, just as brave a sell to make...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Maybe when he died in UMX and we revived, his inverted self was his best self to resurrect to.
    That doesnt make sense. Why would Xavier bring him back inverted? The characters are brought back with their last recorded memories up until death unless there is an exception made and I dont see why that would be the case. He was at his worst mentally when inverted

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think Alex died but if he did Xavier would bring him back with the memories he had after the last time he read his mind with cerebro, itīs not clear at what time that may have happened. Another possibility I saw on some forums was that Madelyne is doing something to him, that would make sense.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Rationalizing the use of sociopaths to further one's own agendas, now where did we saw that exactly? Ah, yes - Suicide Squad. Sinister did what Amanda Waller did back over at DC.
    Also, psychological damage cannot be treated by enabling said psychologically-damaged individuals to spiral into violent situations.
    It's wrong on many levels, individually, morally, legally - though it seems Krakoa's justice system is a joke for the time being.
    Crazy-talk all around.

Lol about Sinister trying to "rehabilitate" those characters, it's not what's happening here but brave of you to try and sell that mirage.
    It's like the people who were up and swearing Crucible was an act of euthanisia a couple of weeks ago, just as brave a sell to make...
    That's the point of the book and the team lol we even got a datapage for Empath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think Alex died but if he did Xavier would bring him back with the memories he had after the last time he read his mind with cerebro, itīs not clear at what time that may have happened. Another possibility I saw on some forums was that Madelyne is doing something to him, that would make sense.
    He died in Rosenberg's run

QC is aware of what occurs on Kitty Pryde's mission, there's no way they Don't know about the violence she's up to, same with Iceman.
    Heck, even beyond the Council, those three women are friends, and Jean and Ororo are friends with members of the Marauders as well - and Ororo is even part of that Marauder's crew.
    They know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    soooo you complain when these villains arent acountable, but then also complain when the laws established towards humans and their past crimes are remembered?
    you just want to be anoyed at the narrative without any consistency to your opinions or your posting, villains are scott free, you whine, villains are accountable, you whine.
    Pretty sure I already urged you to actually read the posts you were quoting before answering them, can't do anything for your salt until then... Sorry.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 03-26-2020 at 10:19 AM.

"No justice, no peace."