Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So guest starring were;

Morlocks: Callosto, Tommy, Erg, Piper and 2 I do not recognize

Hellions: Jetstream, Catseye, Roulette and Tarot

Marrauders: Scrambler, Arclight, Riptide, Prism, Blockbuster and Harpoon

Dis I miss anyone and who knows those two Morlocks I do not??
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 03-26-2020 at 01:05 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    They said Sabretooth and Scalphunter are the only marauders, who were never cloned. Think they explained it with their healing factor.

And seeing Blockbuster again brought back memories of his "fight" against Thor. Mocking a Norse man is never a good idea god or not^^
    what ...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah not to mention the more recent Magneto solo by Bunn

This issue bugged me a bit because it once more makes the singling out for exile of Creed all the more blatantly unjust

You have freaking Essex, Exodus, Raven Darkholme, Sebastian Shaw, En Sabah Nur on *the Quiet Council* and we are supposed to just accept Sabretooth offing some GUARDS on a MISSION is enough for him to be given the equivalent to a death sentence? It's laughable as hell and just insane

I also hated Wolverine again being used as a "gatekeeper" for ethics in combat, the dude is a rampant mass murderer in reality no matter how whitewashed he gets in the past decade or so

Others already pointed out the hypocrisy involved: Havok acted in self-defense primarily, sure he got a bit overly "into" things but that's... sort of a grey area? Not "horrible". And in any event it was some sort of AXIS magic being re-triggered.

Scalphunter WAS THE ONE ATTACKED by Morlocks. Now, sure the Morlocks may be justified blah blah but still. WTF?

It was indeed shocking how Cyclops went against the Council and was prepared to fight them even. Cold and callous the way Jean and Storm acted towards him.

The rules Kwannon is imposing on "her" squad are pretty tame as hell and it seems impossible to imagine they'll be adhered to - and if they are it takes away the purpose of the team as a "squad of villains"

I did like how there was the moral questions/nuances in the data pages about the nature of mutations causing "villainy" and all of that, as opposed to the stance many folks adopt of "Evil folks are just evil, trying to understand it is condoning it". This is a lot more sophisticated take on things and we'll find out how well Wells goes with it
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 03-26-2020 at 01:16 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Just Victor than. Must be missremembering or the writer did not know himself.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Oh and regarding Vertigo

The Vertigo we saw among the Marauders is a Savage Land Mutate clone. So she was cloned by Mr. Sinister a few times, so he had clone material of each Marauder there, so Vertigo could (and should) be among the resurrected Marauders as well.

Fun fact with Vertigo is that while she was with the Marauders,. she was also was among the Savage Land Mutates. So there is a change the one we saw with the Savage Land Mutates is the original Vertigo and that one never died. So the original Vertigo is still alive and kicking. Somehow Mr. Sinister got a hold of her DNA and used the clone (and more after she died each time) as a member of the Marauders. Is is unknown if the original Vertigo ever left Savage Land and if she is aware Essex got het DNA.

But the character is not important enough to any writer to dig into that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If :|A|: and Exodus could have their way Sinister would be pulp right now.

I was trying to figure out what he even meant by that statement. Lol
    I'm loving the Exodus - Sinister bickering since HoX( there were already seeds there) .I bet Apoc and Sinister both having a team now feel pretty good about themselves. Exodus better call his squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm loving the Exodus - Sinister bickering since HoX( there were already seeds there) .I bet Apoc and Sinister both having a team now feel pretty good about themselves. Exodus better call his squad.
    Exodus could have an Extinction Team kind of team, honestly. To deal with big threats that require enormous force.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah not to mention the more recent Magneto solo by Bunn

This issue bugged me a bit because it once more makes the singling out for exile of Creed all the more blatantly unjust

You have freaking Essex, Exodus, Raven Darkholme, Sebastian Shaw, En Sabah Nur on *the Quiet Council* and we are supposed to just accept Sabretooth offing some GUARDS on a MISSION is enough for him to be given the equivalent to a death sentence? It's laughable as hell and just insane

I also hated Wolverine again being used as a "gatekeeper" for ethics in combat, the dude is a rampant mass murderer in reality no matter how whitewashed he gets in the past decade or so

Others already pointed out the hypocrisy involved: Havok acted in self-defense primarily, sure he got a bit overly "into" things but that's... sort of a grey area? Not "horrible". And in any event it was some sort of AXIS magic being re-triggered.

Scalphunter WAS THE ONE ATTACKED by Morlocks. Now, sure the Morlocks may be justified blah blah but still. WTF?

It was indeed shocking how Cyclops went against the Council and was prepared to fight them even. Cold and callous the way Jean and Storm acted towards him.

The rules Kwannon is imposing on "her" squad are pretty tame as hell and it seems impossible to imagine they'll be adhered to - and if they are it takes away the purpose of the team as a "squad of villains"

I did like how there was the moral questions/nuances in the data pages about the nature of mutations causing "villainy" and all of that, as opposed to the stance many folks adopt of "Evil folks are just evil, trying to understand it is condoning it". This is a lot more sophisticated take on things and we'll find out how well Wells goes with it
    The thing with Alex bugged me. All the others, I can understand. They aren't able to even live peacefully on the island without stirring up trouble. (Scalphunter admittedly wasn't looking for trouble, but I'm guessing he didn't tell the Council his side of the story.) Alex lost control during a mission, in a dangerous situation, and appears to have some kind of psychological issue going on. It seems like he should be benched from missions and given some kind of treatment, rather than immediately pushed onto Krakoa's Suicide Squad. The damage he caused wasn't really any worse than what Kate's Marauders have done (like Kate phasing a gun through two solders' legs, or Bobby snapping a guy's arm off). Give him like, community service and some therapy.

I think Sabretooth was basically sacrificed to set an example, and show everyone that the Council means business. That's probably kept a few of the more callous mutants in line (although I honestly think the more powerful mutants like Apocalypse will just do whatever they want.

Other than that (and the white-washing of Jetstream/Empath's blond hair that others have pointed out), I really liked this issue more than I expected. Sage and Cecilia were an unexpected treat. Sinister was hilarious. I'm glad to get a glimpse of the other original Hellions alive again.

Empath is absolutely going to get shot in the face before this book is over. Scalphunter doesn't play around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay first of all Sinister's Shoulder ornamentation is league's above Exodus he has nothing to worry about, second of all I thought Empath was a grown man why does he seem so young?
    It doesn't hold a candle to Exodus' 'pips'

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    what ...
    Becasue editors don`t do their work anymore. Writers don`t care too much too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Becasue editors don`t do their work anymore. Writers don`t care too much too.
    Maddie trying to out-Selene Selene lol. I wonder if Selene even knows about Maddie.Those two in cahoots ..scary prospect

Currently MagSeven

So I'm assuming Malice is in Havok and I'm also assuming Sabertooth is going to be getting involved in this book sooner or later. Overall I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maddie trying to out-Selene Selene lol. I wonder if Selene even knows about Maddie.Those two in cahoots ..scary prospect
    Well there was that Sisterhood....
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well there was that Sisterhood....
    Yeah but Moira's new life means all that probably happened in another life.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah that's another thing. Where is Selene in all this? She is a huge threat like Maddy. It's actually stunning Krakoa didn't properly think about all possible mutants and try to account for them, especially notoriously powerful/unstable ones. They did manage to recruit Apoc, Sinister, and Exodus so kudos on that but Selene is supposedly a background wallpaper character in Krakoa somewhere, is that an appropriate role for her???? She needs to be out there, wild and free just like her soul sister Maddy is now
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY