Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=People Of The Earth;4908902]It's a matter of consistency.

The QC and more specifically Jean, can't insist Havok has to go through that "judgment" because he maimed some sapiens on a mission, when there are other mutants running around doing exactly the same thing who didn't face the scrutiny of the Council as a result.
    That's a double-standard.
    Extenuating circumstances can be brought up during said "judgment", sure, even factored into the décisions made, but it has to occur in the first place.
    If Pryde and Drake had been among that crowd of people who were going through the "judgment" of the QC, only for them to be dismissed from "rehabilitation with Sinister" because of the extenuating circumstances you cited, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now about the justice system of Krakoa.

I remember the first scenario of Kate(though she is invulnerable) she was protecting the children from the soldier.Bobby also invulnerable ,was protecting Bishop from a room full of soldiers,not to mention Kate's corpse which seeing as she can't be resurrected was vital to keep intact without external damage.

So I would presume their situation was slightly different from Havok's I see no double standard
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Right now the X-Men see that Alex has a problem and it's not a genetics problem so they're going to leave it up to Sinister to help him, yeah that will just go so well...if anything they'd need Jean and Emma and Lorna to do it in a controlled setting...

Lorna isnt a telepath or doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

I remember the first scenario of Kate(though she is invulnerable) she was protecting the children from the soldier.Bobby also invulnerable ,was protecting Bishop from a room full of soldiers,not to mention Kate's corpse which seeing as she can't be resurrected was vital to keep intact without external damage.

So I would presume their situation was slightly different from Havok's I see no double standard
    Both abused their powers as Havok did

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Man, give Storm an inch of power and it goes right to her head lol.
    What do you want from a woman who considers herself a goddess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    She is a goddess.

Denial is a hell of a drug.

Dammit it happened again, I didn't want to like this but I was intrigued the whole time.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Rev9;4909463]
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    It's a matter of consistency.

The QC and more specifically Jean, can't insist Havok has to go through that "judgment" because he maimed some sapiens on a mission, when there are other mutants running around doing exactly the same thing who didn't face the scrutiny of the Council as a result.
    That's a double-standard.
    Extenuating circumstances can be brought up during said "judgment", sure, even factored into the décisions made, but it has to occur in the first place.
    If Pryde and Drake had been among that crowd of people who were going through the "judgment" of the QC, only for them to be dismissed from "rehabilitation with Sinister" because of the extenuating circumstances you cited, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now about the justice system of Krakoa.

Did you see what she did to that soldier? When do X-men cripple people? Bobbie's worse, he took off people's limbs, that's something I'd expect from Sabretoooth not Iceman. What Iceman did had nothing to do with Bishop, he wanted vengeance over Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I LOVE how Apocalypse has no TIme for Sinister's Bullshit HAHAHA
    None at all.... 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    True, and we know the Moira book is coming once Hickman feels it is time. Ol' girl is planning her moves and we're not ready!
    Can’t Wait!!!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    She is a goddess.
    From which religion?

Years have affected her a great deal: she was such a simple girl in the past.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

From which religion?
    She’s a god of Wakanda.

[QUOTE=Steel Inquisitor;4909689]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

Did you see what she did to that soldier? When do X-men cripple people? Bobbie's worse, he took off people's limbs, that's something I'd expect from Sabretoooth not Iceman. What Iceman did had nothing to do with Bishop, he wanted vengeance over Kitty.
    Kitty's encounter with the Russians was her protecting her powerless teammates and children from armed soldiers. They were shooting at them with real guns, not energy weapons or stun weapons. They could have made a lot of victims and they were also sending them to gulags. Her reaction was appropriate to the threat. If it was Logan there, he'd be cutting off limbs left and right.

I do agree that Bobby did too much instead. The cutting off the arm was overkill and probably the Council should have investigated. But probably Emma was quite about it and told Bishop to do the same. That's something I could see Emma doing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Kitty's encounter with the Russians was her protecting her powerless teammates and children from armed soldiers. They were shooting at them with real guns, not energy weapons or stun weapons. They could have made a lot of victims and they were also sending them to gulags. Her reaction was appropriate to the threat. If it was Logan there, he'd be cutting off limbs left and right.
    I've read comics with Kitty for years under those situation and it wasn't until now that she began crippling people. No X-men did, short of people like Wolverine and that made him, and anyone else, more of a radical who went over the line not the status quo for X-men in combat. X-men didn't do anything like this in Operation: Zero Tolerance and Iceman was in worse positions then either of them in Marauders.

Edit: It's not like the X-men were in any less danger being hunted by Sentinels or Bastion or the rogues gallery that currently sits in the Quiet Council.

I do agree that Bobby did too much instead. The cutting off the arm was overkill and probably the Council should have investigated. But probably Emma was quite about it and told Bishop to do the same. That's something I could see Emma doing.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-28-2020 at 02:40 AM.