Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
I've read comics with Kitty for years under those situation and it wasn't until now that she began crippling people. No X-men did, short of people like Wolverine and that made him, and anyone else, more of a radical who went over the line not the status quo for X-men in combat. X-men didn't do anything like this in Operation: Zero Tolerance and he was in worse positions then either of them in Marauders.

Edit: It's not like the X-men were in any less danger being hunted by Sentinels or Bastion or the rogues gallery that currently sits in the Quiet Council.
With that many children being at risk, and with how many people were being sent to the gulags, I can't say I blame Kitty for that. They've grown more ruthless over the years maybe, but I can't really blame them after countless deaths, attempts at genocide and such. Also, the X-Men not being exactly shy when it comes to violence has been a thing since at least Decimation and, again, it was a response that we can expect.

Back on the topic at hand, by the point of view of the Council, Kitty's action were justified. She was protecting innocents and her powerless teammates when she attacked the human soldiers.