Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Nanny is gonna snatch the crown of most iconic x-woman, her reign starts now
    I wonder what she is gonna end up looking like.. in my mind I cant help but think of the little costume designer from the Incredibles

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yep he looking like the guy they cast to play Berto in the New Mutants movie.. also why didnt Emma teach any of the hellions to block empaths powers or is that not something you can do.. the only character that seemed to scare him was Magik,Emma and he seems to respect Warpath.
    I liked the fact that Emma gave whomever was writing the datapages "psychic slices" from Empath, whatever they are. But I would have expected her to interact with him during the Council meeting.

no other fanbase gets a funky egg lady, with painted lips that she drew herself to be sickening, and immediatly is like "yes im down, we stan, we love, we support"
    We truly are special.

Yep he looking like the guy they cast to play Berto in the New Mutants movie.. also why didnt Emma teach any of the hellions to block empaths powers or is that not something you can do.. the only character that seemed to scare him was Magik,Emma and he seems to respect Warpath.
    I dont think Emma has spent much if any time with the Hellions since they were brought back. She's been quite busy with her own stuff

I wonder what she is gonna end up looking like.. in my mind I cant help but think of the little costume designer from the Incredibles
    That would be amazing. I don't think we'll see her soon though. Same for Orphan Maker. I bet he's hawt under that armor.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sinister was truly wonderful...lol
    Attachment 94872
    This right here was amazing writing. We now understand the premise and how they don't simply turn to "human" solutions. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That would be amazing. I don't think we'll see her soon though. Same for Orphan Maker. I bet he's hawt under that armor.
    Agreed! I bet Peter is a friggin' stud.

For those who cannot currently get their books and want to see the return of Catseye, Roulette, and Tarot:

Too bad Empath is being a $@&% to them but it's sooooo nice to see them. I got giddy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

my queens <3

my queens <3
    Everyone's hair is fabulous. Everyone!

Sinister sounded odd, I couldn't voice him at all.
    Everything else was perfect, loved it.

BANNED

First off, I just want to say that the art is just stunning. Stephen Segovia is working hard to deliver some beautiful mutant content and he’s right up there with the best of the Dawn of X artists already.

~It is folly to create an Eden, if one has no use for snakes. That opening statement from Nightcrawler artfully covers the concept of what Hellions is all about. I adore it.
    Page one with Siryn & Rockslide in action already won me over. It’s been a while since we’ve seen Theresa & Santo in the field, so I’m loving that they were sent out with longstanding X-Men Logan, Kurt & Alex.

~The anniversary of the mutant massacre is directly mentioned by Alex, which comes up later in the book. Nice foreshadowing.
    That blast brought out AXIS Havok. I wonder if it’s going to situations of extreme adversity that the AXIS persona comes out. Searing the flesh of that goon with his plasma energy is pretty hardcore.

~Another Quiet Council meeting, which I love, because whenever they meet on panel, I tend to enjoy it. I love that Magneto points out that even inconvenient mutants are welcome on Krakoa whilst they’re in a meeting that includes Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Mystique & Sebastian Shaw lol. More Sinister/Exodus banter is a plus too (and I learnt what an epaulette is).

~Akademos Habitat: The crimes of Empath. Nice to see some of the OG Hellions. Jetstream, Catseye, Roulette & Tarot- who I guess is exempt from the no precognitive mutants rule- unless if that’s supposed to be Firestar, which wouldn’t make sense either as she’s in New Warriors. Based on the temporal psi-slices from Empaths brain, kindly provided by the Hellions old mentor Emma Frost, it’s not his fault Manuel is a dirtbag. His mutation caused his lack of empathy (ironic given the codename, no?)

~I’m uncertain if Orphan-Maker taking down Beast & Angel in combat proves their incompetency in the field or proves Orphan-Makers capabilities. Either way, the dependency and devotion he has to Nanny is very weird. That lullaby was creepy af.

~Sage & Cecilia Reyes cameo, and Cecilia even gets to use her powers! Turns out Wild Child is, well, wild. I never really followed his stuff in Alpha Flight and that, so I’m not sure if this is a new development or not.

~Callisto leading Morlocks Erg, Cybelle, Tommy, Piper & Masque (?) into combat against Scalphunter, with the intent of making him pay for his part in the mutant massacre. The next page has Ororo accusing Greycrow of attacking a ‘defenseless’ group of Morlocks, which makes me believe he won that fight. Which is honestly surprising- I would’ve thought that Callisto could take him down even without backup. Maybe it was his healing factor that give him the edge. I got the impression that Greycrow covered for the Morlocks after they attacked him on the beach, doing the more honorable thing in accepting the punishment given the way he has victimized the Morlocks in the past.

~Enter Psylocke. She happens to think giving Sinister a team of troubled mutants mightn’t be such a bad idea, given he may have a better understanding of their grievances than most. It pains me that she hasn’t the slightest idea of just how devious Sinister can be. It’s in his name ffs. Her set of conditions before putting the team in the field makes a lot of sense. No chance of casualties- which reads as maybe being more about the sake of her ‘co-workers’ avoiding the Pit of Exile rather than a genuine concern for human lives. They’re to operate as a strikeforce; don’t send them in unless you want them to wreak havoc. And ensure that it’s therapeutic. It’s implied Kwannon will put the Hellions down should she deem it necessary.

~I wonder what Madelyne is doing with the Marauders. If its mutant blood she’s using in some form of ritual it can’t be good. Interesting that Riptide, Scrambler, Harpoon, Arclight, Blockbuster & Prism are there, but Malice & Vertigo are absent. And Chimera, who has been running with the Marauders too.

~In having a think about other mutants that may fit the Hellions mold, I propose Typhoid Mary, Zero, Wither or Threnody join the cast down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don't like how they got Empath's hair color wrong. He was a brunette. We already have enough blondes. I also don't like the whitewashing of Jetstream
    Another instance of colorists not using visual references & accurately reflecting the characters. I really wish they had these things right.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Who is the writer of that data page where they go over the minutes of the meeting?
    In story I'd assume that's Cypher. He's there to observe with Krakoa yeah? Or maybe the meetings are recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I just assumed that the Morlocks attacked Scalphunter, he fought back, and then he took the blame for the whole situation
    That was my impression too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It makes me wonder why no one is in charge of investigating crimes. Considering Bishop's past and his captain status, this have been a perfect role for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They probably don’t want anything too close to police on Krakoa but an investigative force organized by Bishop, Shard, and Hindsight could be cool.
    They just need to figure out a way of bringing Shard back. Let's get Bishop as the Captain of a security force. Some enforcers are surely needed every now and again. I nominate Fixx, Archer, Sunpyre, Random, Unuscione & Marrow

Not a fan. Cast is mehish. Not sure why some of these cats are getting screen time.

Sinister is annoying asf...
    This dude is talking subtle shots at everyone and nobody puts him in his place? I know he is as strong but i call BS. Apocalypse should of beaten him to death or enslave him by now...

Dawn Of X is better than what came before but it needs some quality control.

ALso. Scalp Hunter did nothing wrong. Even if were to kill one or more of the Morlocks he did not break any laws. Same for Havok. Those guys were shooting rockets at him. The council is not looking so good. These guys were acting in self defense.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 03-25-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Solid start.

Seems like they might be setting up something along the lines of Wild Child and Sabertooth's "Age Of Apocalypse..." relationship with Wild Child and Scalphunter.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This issue was awesome Psylocke was great and Mr Sinister just funy he made me laugh a lot, and that Quiet Council meeting actually felt more alive since the HoX/PoX crossover.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I came for Maddie, Sinister and Alex.
    I may stay for Nanny and Orphan Maker.

This was great, and I think this just became my favorite DoX title that I've read after the main book. The 80s were the best decade for X-Books, and I love that this book is largely comprised of B-list and below villains of that era. Sinister continues to be THE BEST with all the best lines; I rarely liked him before, but Hickman/Well's take is fantastic. Empath and Scalphunter were the most interesting members of their respective 80s villain teams so they are neat choices. Nanny and Peter always seemed too goofy before, but I loved them here. They even weird Sinister out!

Don't really care about Wild Child, and I'm not too familiar with Kwannon since I only really read Claremont's run (where he intended her to have her body transformed, not swap minds). But I liked her here.

And Maddie looks fierce af, cannot wait to see her raise Hell. And the reunion with her Goblyn Prince

It's ok, Sin. High levels of fabulousness can't be handled by all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

It's ok, Sin. High levels of fabulousness can't be handled by all.
    nanny came to do what she has to do. Period