Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Ultimate Member

Oh look, another page of Storm-blather, in a thread about a book in which she doesn't even get mentioned, let alone appear.

I used to really like the character, back in the 80s, but her fans have pretty much ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh look, another page of Storm-blather, in a thread about a book in which she doesn't even get mentioned, let alone appear.

I used to really like the character, back in the 80s, but her fans have pretty much ruined it for me.
    Behold! The Jean Bomb!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Dang you're stubborn. Again, it's all your assumption against a lot of proof and things actually happening on paper.
    Hmm no, it's just me Calling an apple "apple" and not "orange" just because others around me decided to change the name.

You can reach godhood from being human, see the Orishas in Wakanda for an example.
    True. Storm isn't an Orisha though, she's a mutant.

Selene ascended, she became a goddess, she didn't just become uber powerful, she "became more than human and mutant".
    Grandiose speech doesn't alter what occured with Selene: she performed a mystical ritual that gave her godlike-power.
    She didn't become a god herself, that's just abusing the word.

The definition of a God is not about wheter or not you are bulletproof, it is been widely established that it's also and mostly about faith and prayers that can turn you into a God.
    There's plenty of proof for that. Black Panther and Thor established it very well.
    They did. Doesn't make Storm a goddess though.
    The day her existence - or disappearance - will be dependent on said prayers and faith, you'll be able to make that argument again, with my blessing even.

The Morrigan godhood is essentially depicted as a Title that's been passed upon. It is a divine/mystic thing, why are you putting so much emphasys on genetics or species.
    Morrigan is a divinity jumping from host to host, more or less with their assent, more or less with Freedom of action attached to it.
    It's a form of possession if we are being honest, not just a title transition, but I digress.
    Bottom line being the essence of the Morrigan is what's being divine, not the host who's harboring it.

There are entire species of Gods, yes, but there are also countless pantheons in the universe that are born thanks to faith and prayers. Even Hell Lord status can be achieved from humans or mutants.
    True.
    That's not what's happening with Storm though, she wasn't wished into existence/prayed into existence by some populace somewhere.
    She had two human parents with a mother that gave Birth to her.

Ascension to divinity is something that exists and that's what's happening to Storm.
    I'm asking again where were those divine powers when the russians depowered her or when Batroc was kicking her around?
    She was vulnerable to them, the same way any human would be to mortal weapons.
    Please explain that dichotomy then.

You can not like it or you might have a different idea of godhood in Marvel, but it is what it is. It's in the actual comics.
    I was just pointing out the flaws in that assertion about her being a god, that's all.
    Or are you gonna accuse me of hating on Storm somehow? Seems like the default option when questionning things around this forum nowadays.

When Storm ascended it was "the hour when Gods again stalk the land". She's a goddess.
    Again, grandiose speech doesn't alter what's occuring, being worshipped by the wakandans doesn't make her a god.

The part time thing is obviously because she's powered by faith at the moment, like Selene needed a lot of souls to ascend to full godhood. That doens't make her transformation into Hadari Yao not valid.
    It does, since when she's stripped of her mutant gifts she becomes powerless, instead of still having her Hadari Yao abilities to rely on.
    And you do not want to use Selene as an example, she's as much a godess in name as Storm is. If anything, Storm is just like her, she received a power boost from a ritual performed to overcome the Adversary but that's it.

Look, you are the one arguing against gods being bound to extraordinary physiology and abilities allowing them to somehow overcome death or survive it.
    Eventhough those are a recurring staples in godhood for most if not all gods throughout Marvel.
    You are the one saying Storm isn't bound to this to be a godess, I'm saying: ok.
    If that's the case, why is she powerless when she's stripped of her mutant abilities? Where are her divine powers then?

Thor was weaker without Mjolnir, was he not a God when unworthy? The Gods of Indigarr needed prayers to rise again, but they were still Gods, weren't they?
    I'm not questionning Thor's nature or those other gods you cited, but the simple fact they are immortals or able to transcend death should make it clear why they are actual gods when Storm is one only in name.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 04-02-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I liked her back then too… Kind and sensitive Ororo. How to not love her?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I really didn't expect the god-talk to blow up so much. I've created a new thread to discuss it so this one can get back to Hellions #1.

Well, technically she did appear on Hellions #1.

But yeah, the subject that is actually being discussed(sHeS a GoDdEsS!!!1") has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I really didn't expect the god-talk to blow up so much. I've created a new thread to discuss it so this one can get back to Hellions #1.
    Thanks for making the thread, Sutekh is right and we were derailing the thread.

I'd like to point out that it wasn't really a she's a Goddess moment, more of a "it's canon so I don't get why we're denying it" moment.

Either way

Quote Originally Posted by Oneeightysix View Post
    There's really no point of arguing whether if Storm is a goodness of not... Because it's confirmed that she is in the comic books. You can hate the fact that she is a goddess, but you can't take away that status from her.
    Ultimately that's what it comes down to.

I love that no one disagrees that Nanny is a goddess too. Obviously.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ultimately that's what it comes down to.

I love that no one disagrees that Nanny is a goddess too. Obviously.
    The god of what, though? I guess if she's the egg-goddess, her boy Peter can be the bacon-god, and together they make a complete breakfast?

The god of what, though? I guess if she's the egg-goddess, her boy Peter can be the bacon-god, and together they make a complete breakfast?
    She can be All-Goddess of Krakoa. The Mother Egg.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Storm's godhood has been confirmed on panel, bu multiple sources and is currently an ongoing plot point in Black Panther. I'm unsure why that's a point that needs addressing or defending it's on panel.

She can be All-Goddess of Krakoa. The Mother Egg.
    With her own line of Krakoan lipstick.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!