Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Definitely the best book of the week. I enjoyed everything about it. I also like how the colored Kwannon’s hair black. I hope Well’s continues the characterization of Kwannon to make her distinct from Betsy.

Not one issue with the book. Art was a perfect fit for the book.

Give Wells Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Well this seems like a giant pile of bad ideas (from the mutants, not necessarily the writer). And letting all of these people be on a team under Sinister so they can be violent towards OTHER people is not a real consequence for their actions. All this really does is emphasize the hypocrisy of the Quiet Council. They've been maiming people left and right in other books for similar reasons and nobody has bat an eye. Scott is, too. He's upset at Alex being in trouble, and upset that they're taking Sinister at his word. Dude, its been months. You can't JUST NOW be getting upset Sinister is in charge.

Who is the writer of that data page where they go over the minutes of the meeting?
    The idea is that they do not need to pay consequences like being thrown into the Pit since it's not their fault, but it's their mutations that turned them into sociopaths. And not being a human society, they're trying a different approach rather than incarcerating or medicating them. We'll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Dont tease me like that lol
    They have tons of possible bonding topics hahaha starting from editorial tried to throw me under the bus and make me a villain because I lost my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Havok didn’t even know what he did, and Scalphunter was the one who got attacked. Punishing the mentally ill and false judgment. Quite Council is honestly not looking great here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was a little unclear what was happening with Greycrow. The caption to his scene was, "The Ghosts That Haunt". It made me think perhaps he was hallucinating and ended up attacking on his own.
    I just assumed that the Morlocks attacked Scalphunter, he fought back, and then he took the blame for the whole situation

Well this seems like a giant pile of bad ideas (from the mutants, not necessarily the writer). And letting all of these people be on a team under Sinister so they can be violent towards OTHER people is not a real consequence for their actions. All this really does is emphasize the hypocrisy of the Quiet Council. They've been maiming people left and right in other books for similar reasons and nobody has bat an eye. Scott is, too. He's upset at Alex being in trouble, and upset that they're taking Sinister at his word. Dude, its been months. You can't JUST NOW be getting upset Sinister is in charge.

Who is the writer of that data page where they go over the minutes of the meeting?
    Love Cyclops but i don't like how he only stending up for his brother. I hope now he can see there is something up with the QC.

I just want a epic fight, Maddie vs Emma, Cyclops vs Sinister. But before that Maddie vs Sinister, Maddie beating Cyclops.... Dunno why i want that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cyclops was the leader of X-men, once? Dismissed like a schoolboy…
    To be fair how many times have we seen him dismissed other veteran X-men? It was funny seeing the tables turned and them doing it to him

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The idea is that they do not need to pay consequences like being thrown into the Pit since it's not their fault, but it's their mutations that turned them into sociopaths. And not being a human society, they're trying a different approach rather than incarcerating or medicating them. We'll see how it plays out.
    Fair enough. The data page talking about the minutes gave me pause, because the author was more concerned about these guys going to the pit than they were about them killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair how many times have we seen him dismissed other veteran X-men? It was funny seeing the tables turned and them doing it to him
    Which led to him deciding to recruit Kwannon in secret. Brilliant stuff.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This was the best book this week. My only problem with it is that I would like Jetstream to look north african, not your average white american. Same goes for Kwannon, who looks white again, and Empath, who is a blonde now.

There are 3 incredibly powerful telepaths in the room. Why don't any of them check out what Havok is saying? If nothing else they could see if he's lying or not.

Fair enough. The data page talking about the minutes gave me pause, because the author was more concerned about these guys going to the pit than they were about them killing people.
    Yeah they've done a pretty good job keeping the identity of most of the authors of data pages a bit cloudy. Hickman I think made a comment once about the relevance of who is actually writing and the mystery of some of them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's Psylocke setting the terms in which she can accept the job Scott gave her

Not really important to the overall issue but I hate how Kate has never seen a quiet council meeting poor dead baby..... Demiurge rest her soul. It's unfortunate I'd love to see her stance on certain topics. Thanks a lot Shaw.....

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Havok didn’t even know what he did, and Scalphunter was the one who got attacked. Punishing the mentally ill and false judgment. Quite Council is honestly not looking great here.
    True, and a fair point. It makes me wonder if their "justice" system will get improvements down the line. There seems to be a glaring loophole, especially when only one group is comprised of trustworthy mutants.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

They have tons of possible bonding topics hahaha starting from editorial tried to throw me under the bus and make me a villain because I lost my man.
    I don't think we would be able to handle this two. X men would lose. But man it would be a cool book if written well. I hope Emma gives Maddie the part of the Red queen lol

Really enjoyed this issue. Lots of fun stuff and great setup. Loving Wells' voices for the characters as well.