Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Still… there are mutants bragging how 'superior' they are and the guys that are supposed to the 'good guys' are saying absolutely nothing…
    The depowered mutants are discredited.
    No 'superior' without 'inferior'…
    You can say that no racism has been shown… either it's not realistic or it's just a matter of time to happen.

X-men have been depicted in the past as being not perfect, having all kind of human flaws… but making a difference based on the DNA is a bit too far for me.

The using of the expression 'my people' describing the mutants is rather new in the X-men story, 'my people' is creating 'other people that are not my people'.
    Hickman's run is all about divisions and X-men was never about that to me.
    we had 6 years of schism

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So it's okay when the X-Men do it?

Also, way to shift the goal posts.
    No you are puting them to a higher standart since no other superhero team helps homeless people like you acuse the x-men, everyone ignores said issues, but then I remembered that krakoa DOES help homeless people.
    im calling out the double standarts and adding that betwen all the teams, the x-men ARE actually helping homeless people much more than the avengers or the ff in their history, by helping mutant groups like the morlocks that lived in a sewer before.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-27-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    No you are puting them to a higher standart since no other superhero team helps homeless people like you acuse the x-men, everyone ignores said issues, but then I remembered that krakoa DOES help homeless people.
    im calling out the double standarts and adding that betwen all the teams, the x-men ARE actually helping homeless people much more than the avengers or the ff in their history, by helping mutant groups like the morlocks that lived in a sewer before.
    ...You do realize I was speaking metaphorically, right?
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 03-27-2020 at 01:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    ...You do realize I was speaking metaphorically, right?
    then why bring up an example of humanitarian action none of the active superhero teams actually do when the x-men currently are?

then why bring up an example of humanitarian action none of the active superhero teams actually do when the x-men currently are?
    My point was that it was the same as ignoring someone in need of help because it's not your concern. Besides, according to you, the X-Men are only doing that because the Morlocks are mutants.

And the Fantastic Four adopted children that had no home and two of them were mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    And the Fantastic Four adopted children that had no home and two of them were mutants.
    wich are now in krakoa, and were part of said morlock group.

wich are now in krakoa, and were part of said morlock group.
    That doesn't negate the fact that Reed and Sue took them in even though they didn't have to. That was an act of kindness and humanitariasm that should speak for their character. They took in kids without any prejudice: moloids, atlanteans, mutants, humans and a clone of one of their enemies.

Point being, the Fantastic Four have certainly used their resources in the past to help others and not just humans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    That doesn't negate the fact that Reed and Sue took them in even though they didn't have to. That was an act of kindness and humanitariasm that should speak for their character. They took in kids without any prejudice: moloids, atlanteans, mutants, humans and a clone of one of their enemies.

Point being, the Fantastic Four have certainly used their resources in the past to help others and not just humans.
    And do we need to bring up Onslaught? All the non-mutant heroes, and reluctantly Doom threw themselves into Onslaught to end its' threat. The mutants were not able to contain him on their own and would only have made matters worse. They bailed them out big time.

Edited to add: Tony Stark and Pepper Pots formed the Stark Relief Foundation to provide relief for the needy and to help anyone that suffered damages during a battle involving the Avengers.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-27-2020 at 04:45 PM.

It's kind of interesting to me that Hickman seems to have really invigorated the X-Men and the X-Franchise in general but in doing so has also in some ways fanned the flames of even further division and conflict between the X-Men fans and the wider Marvel Universe fans.

I know he's not writing this, but the premise and story beats of his X-Men seem to be at the root of some of the conflict here. Well, that and X-Fans and general Marvel Universe fans just can't seem to get on the same page for one reason or another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of interesting to me that Hickman seems to have really invigorated the X-Men and the X-Franchise in general but in doing so has also in some ways fanned the flames of even further division and conflict between the X-Men fans and the wider Marvel Universe fans.

I know he's not writing this, but the premise and story beats of his X-Men seem to be at the root of some of the conflict here. Well, that and X-Fans and general Marvel Universe fans just can't seem to get on the same page for one reason or another.
    the problem here, personally, is a constant one sided nature of this mini where the f4 do most of the acussations and talking while the x-men, many who are smart, wise and quick should respond, but they never do, the page magicaly cuts and the scene changes.

I understand its a more family issue, but might as well make it an arc in the main ongoing than a mini promoted in such a way that made many x-fans belive this was a colaboration or a team up , the use of the + in the title even, but It ended up as a fantastic four story where the mutants exist to cause the conflict, get scolded and to look pretty in the page, cover and variants.

It's a constant whenever the x-men crossover in these past years, its never to the benefit of the mutants but every other propriety in the marvel universe, its personally frustrating that the x-franchise is treated like a cash cow AND the beating bag

Astonishing Member

In the past the Morlocks preferred to stay in the sewers, they rejected Storm's initial pleas to come to their mansion. Doing this caused Marrow to try to kill Storm for getting them to move. That's the context for the Morlocks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In the past the Morlocks preferred to stay in the sewers, they rejected Storm's initial pleas to come to their mansion. Doing this caused Marrow to try to kill Storm for getting them to move. That's the context for the Morlocks.
    Those pleas didn't really adress the issues that made the morlocks feel so unwanted and scared to live in said sewers and how the mansion wasnt the solution they needed.
    I know my context's also, no need to preach to the priest

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Let's not forget, Hickman also was one of the 'architects' of Avengers vs X-men, as well as the Namor vs T'challa conflict and the New Avengers Illuminati. He's an entertaining and talented writer, but he's also a first class fandom sh*t stirrer. ;p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-27-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Those pleas didn't really adress the issues that made the morlocks feel so unwanted and scared to live in said sewers and how the mansion wasnt the solution they needed.
    I know my context's also, no need to preach to the priest
    Your argument made a binary choice between human super-heroes being monstrous for not helping homeless people and ignored the X-men not holding those standards when they had the opportunity when they were super-heroes. X-men continuity didn't begin with Krakoa. Which makes your comments deliberately misleading rather than unintentionally doing so.