Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    And we stan a group reflecting the energy they kept recieving for years.
    and that line literally states two things: the normal world doesnt want to accept wakanda or krakoa and the mess is of their own creation, why should either fix a problem they didnt create?
    The X-Men are trying to force a status quo they themselves lack the conviction to follow up on, Namor himself says so. When the going gets tough they'll run away again with their tail between their legs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    The X-Men are trying to force a status quo they themselves lack the conviction to follow up on, Namor himself says so. When the going gets tough they'll run away again with their tail between their legs.
    yes , to mar's or the shiar empire so they no longer have to ever deal with humans, sounds a like a perfect plan.
    and you want them to do the same namor has been doing? the x-men are playing nice compared to what he wants

Astonishing Member

yes , to mar's or the shiar empire so they no longer have to ever deal with humans, sounds a like a perfect plan.
    and you want them to do the same namor has been doing? the x-men are playing nice compared to what he wants
    That's not going to work when they confront the Dominions, which Hickman looks to be setting up for act 3. We all know they're going to stay on Earth long term, anyway. The only thing that's up in the air is whether it'll be on Krakoa or back to America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's not going to work when they confront the Dominions, which Hickman looks to be setting up for act 3. We all know they're going to stay on Earth long term, anyway. The only thing that's up in the air is whether it'll be on Krakoa or back to America.
    "we" who's we? im ready to be surprised and mutants in a new planet flipping the earth off sounds brilliant

BANNED

then they will begin a war between mutants about who is more mutant and less human eventually destorying their own society and Xavier cries saying: "we are better , we are superior, we are better than them"

thats the right end to krakoa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    then they will begin a war between mutants about who is more mutant and less human eventually destorying their own society and Xavier cries saying: "we are better , we are superior, we are better than them"

thats the right end to krakoa
    when's sasuke uchiha or shadow the hedgehog showing up in this story?

Astonishing Member

"we" who's we? im ready to be surprised and mutants in a new planet flipping the earth off sounds brilliant
    You and I. It sounding like a good idea isn't proof it'll happen. We don't know how long Krakoa will last or what shape it'll be in in 10 years. The mutant nation status quo is far more unstable in the X-line than the X-Mansion phase.

BANNED

You and I. It sounding like a good idea isn't proof it'll happen. We don't know how long Krakoa will last or what shape it'll be in in 10 years. The mutant nation status quo is far more unstable in the X-line than the X-Mansion phase.
    that's because the x-mansion is a symbol of stagnation and times gone by, of course its more stable, its also boring, repetitive, restrictive, predictable and rellying on nostalgia that most current readers don't really have, those that do read the old titles

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Reminder than the X-Men don't really care about the planet or people living on it.
    I dont see any X-man here, I see a person thinking they have made a mess of their own world so much that they don´t notice or care about Wakanda and Krakoa as possible examples of how to fix it and he deduces they wont care either when things go worse and that they will go away on their own. But that´s also just his supposition.

Curious why you only include the X-men uncaring about the planet and forget all about wakanda given those two groups were mentioned together, this looks like a double standard to me XD

I don't even think that they are evil, what I'm saying is that they are starting to go in a dark path that some fans try to cheer as something positive, when in reality is pretty dark, and a bit sad. They are not trying to be evil but they are allowing pretty racist behaviour who if not stopped on time would lead to major issues
    I have yet to see them givin Betsy´s brother a hard time for being human, or jubilee for adopting an human child, most of them have human family they love a lot like BeaK. I understand the worry about how racism can grow pretty quikly if allowed but I have yet to see Krakoa as a whole or most mutants characters behaving or giving a hard time to regular human people who just want to live their life.

What they are doing is trying to change those inside the group of powerful and influential human people that are making links with Orchis and Xeno and are at least accomplices of developing sentinel techonology in the past which makes some logical sense to me, if you are dealing with a power structure that refuses to change and keeps hurting you and people like you sooner or later you or someone else will try to stop them by other means that simply by showing a positive face and a good example. Sometimes it´s neccesary to try to stop those power structures from the inside so they stop attacking you, because they will not stop and change any other way. The Hickman X-men seem to be doing that both by keeping their X-man activities but also with commerce and participating as one more country in the world and I fail to see what´s so wrong about that. I could do without the posturing and arrogance, on that I agree with you, but what they are doing is neither evil or racist imo.

Not only they didn't need them, many of them were actually dead and were bring back just to populate Krakoa. Yes the X-men are not evil, but some of their villains certainly are, and when I'm the first fan of redemption histories, no one of those villains wanted or asked for it (a crucial factor in a redemption tale), they are still the same, just accepted take part of Krakoa, they are even put in leading positions and get a chance to extend their way of thinking in other mutants. Yes X-men are famous for second chances and redemptions but those has to be wanted and earned and not only by "mutant standats"
    There´s an inside story reason and a writting story reason for that: Hickman wanted to repopulate the mutant world because after marvel was done with decimation most mutants were either dead, without powers or both. So he developed the ressurrection protocols to be able to bring back everyone without having to do hundreds of stories to that end.

Inside story: Xavier believes via Moira that if they don´t do this type of alliances mutants in general are lost to be slaves of a future when sentinels rule, most of superheros are dead and mutants are either slaves or have been fighting humankind to the point they end destroying each other until the Shiar empire takes over the decimated planet. So he seems to think having Krakoa and making alliances is the best path to go to avoid that future but this is a story in progress and Hickman has certainly wrote Xavier in a way that he seems to have a lot more in his mind so we will see.

The other X-men see this as an oportunitity to get peace inside the mutant community but also keep those powerful and dangerous mutants out of the way and hurting the world by giving them an olive branch and see if they deserve to keep having that olive branch. That´s how I see it, Yes, I think they will get hurted along the way but there´s also a posibility some of their enemies become new allies, and they have thick skin to take other super heros criticism over their choice, after all, Carol ended bitterly her friendship with the X-men after discovering they made Rogue one of their own, the Avengers persecuted the X-men over Magneto and the X-men defended him. So what they are doing now is not so rare for me.

In this I agree, yes this open a new world of adventures and maybe I will enjoy some of them, but that doesn't stop me of notice and point how morally dubious they have become.

This is basically my take on the new status quo too I can enjoy the story and see where it leads, I know they are not perfect, no point in justifiing morally dubious behavoir but I am not reading this to see perfect examples of perfect behavoir and morality, I like a good or interesting story and this has some signs for that, I just want to see where it leads and how it ends because I am quite aware Hickman can take the characters to some dark places with the best of intention, at least the X-men have yet to develop planet killing technology, like the Iluminati did during his run, so that´s something.

For example I enjoyed the hellions book a lot even if it´s compromised by almost pure villains, the writting was good, even if the situation was problematic, I like Magneto and some of the X-men position on this: we have offered all mutants a home in Krakoa so it´s our responsibility to give them a place here, maybe it´s wishful thinking but I can´t help but sympathize with them in this matter, even if they know they can get burned in the way.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-26-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I have yet to see them givin Betsy´s brother a hard time for being human, or jubilee for adopting an human child, most of them have human family they love a lot like BeaK. I understand the worry about how racism can grow pretty quikly if allowed but I have yet to see Krakoa as a whole or most mutants characters behaving or giving a hard time to regular human people who just want to live their life.
    Still… there are mutants bragging how 'superior' they are and the guys that are supposed to the 'good guys' are saying absolutely nothing…
    The depowered mutants are discredited.
    No 'superior' without 'inferior'…
    You can say that no racism has been shown… either it's not realistic or it's just a matter of time to happen.

X-men have been depicted in the past as being not perfect, having all kind of human flaws… but making a difference based on the DNA is a bit too far for me.

The using of the expression 'my people' describing the mutants is rather new in the X-men story, 'my people' is creating 'other people that are not my people'.
    Hickman's run is all about divisions and X-men was never about that to me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Still… there are mutants bragging how 'superior' they are and the guys that are supposed to the 'good guys' are saying absolutely nothing…
    No 'superior' without 'inferior'…
    You can say that no racism has been shown… either it's not realistic or it's just a matter of time to happen.

X-men have been depicted in the past as being not perfect, having all kind of human flaws… but making a difference based on the DNA is a bit too far for me.

The using of the expression 'my people' describing the mutants is rather new in the X-men story, 'my people' is creating 'other people that are not my people'.
    Hickman made it clear the old Charles is dead, that's why he spent months building up Moira X. That's why the X-men arent acting like themselves, aside from Excalibur. She "killed" that Xavier and replaced him with the one we have now, who is indistinguishable from Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    StillÂ… there are mutants bragging how 'superior' they are and the guys that are supposed to the 'good guys' are saying absolutely nothingÂ…
    No 'superior' without 'inferior'Â…
    You can say that no racism has been shownÂ… either it's not realistic or it's just a matter of time to happen.
    If it´s just a matter of time then lest see how the writers tackle the issue if it will lead to Krakoa´s fall or to them understanding they are also human beings. That´s why mastermold quote from X-MEN TAS is one of my favourites ones "mutants are humans so you made us to protect you from yourself" the opposite situation also can be true of mutans in time, imo but now is too early to tell. That´s also why I advocate Magneto getting back human Anya, I think that would add a nice tension to the story given how he´s been written by Hickman and how much some Krakoa ppl like him.

X-men have been depicted in the past as being not perfect, having all kind of human flawsÂ… but making a difference based on the DNA is a bit too far for me.
    I would say more like they are giving priority to mutants not making differences on DNA appart from the usual characters like kid omega who were made that way, but I agree those X-men that don´t support that mentality should be a lot more loud.

The X-men always were about "Protecting a world that hates and fears them", lived on a school only for mutants with some regular humans helping to run the school, now it seems they added "give priority to their people but also protect the world" or as Magneto said to Pyscloke "You want justice" it´s a good thing now they can choose to protect the world out of a complete feeling of justice and not just to appease and convince the human population that they are not a danger but it really depends the angle the writer is going for imo if they use this new power and influence that to attack those who are not their people, then yes they would have become evil or them using it to do an even better work helping the world at large. Also given how they as a community. have been attacked in recent years I don´t see wrong on this one time, them giving priority to mutants.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-27-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

the same as every other team, except the x-men ARE helping homeless people have a place to stay and be safe, like the morlocks, considerably more than most other teams do but aparently since they are mutants it doesnt count.
    for each x-men there are a thousand or so mutants with pretty much nothing, put either in sumps like x-town or forced into hiding, then there's all the experimentation, being turned into drugs, sentinels, religious zealots.
    But those don't count
    So it's okay when the X-Men do it?

Also, way to shift the goal posts.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hickman made it clear the old Charles is dead, that's why he spent months building up Moira X. That's why the X-men arent acting like themselves, aside from Excalibur. She "killed" that Xavier and replaced him with the one we have now, who is indistinguishable from Magneto.
    I haven't got that far yet. What issue does that happen in? That sounds pretty sinister to me and just adds more fuel to my theory that Hickman is setting this up for a big fall from grace for the ones in power on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I haven't got that far yet. What issue does that happen in? That sounds pretty sinister to me and just adds more fuel to my theory that Hickman is setting this up for a big fall from grace for the ones in power on Krakoa.
    She didn´t kill Xavier she just showed him her memories of all her lives where things went badly for mutants, she also did this for Magneto that´s why they decided to join and do something different that didn´t happen on any of her lives, the unity of all mutants.