Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

To be fair in this issue I think she was talking about Magneto and well his words and reputation precede him and she barely knows the man so I will give her a pass here but she did said she didn´t consider the X-men heros anymore on the second issue of the crossover maybe she will take back her words before the crossover ends or maybe not.

And to also be fair to the writer, while I don´t enjoy a lot his take on Magneto I found his worry for the child mutants very cute and in character and that´s a side of him that doesnt get much attention so thanks for that Mr Zdarsky.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

The only thanks I have to zrdrosky is this:
    thank you for keeping this at 4 issues, short and terrible, like a shot of weak scotch

Mighty Member

Franklin is insufferable. I don't give a crap about the "he's just a teenager" bullcrap. He's seriously gone through with the whole Dr. Doom thing.

If the conversation with his sister is any indication, then he believe Doom would kill him. So let me get this straight, you are perfectly aware with Doom's ability to play with power he could not control from the Silver Surfer to the Beyonders, yet you are perfectly willing to go through with this? You've essentially handed over a blank check to Dr. freaking Doom to bend reality as he pleases.

He should be stripped of his powers by issue 4 and thrown in jail for wasting ink.

He's too much of an idiot that it borders on malice.

He's too much of a background character in this book that it's dumb.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Franklin is insufferable. I don't give a crap about the "he's just a teenager" bullcrap. He's seriously gone through with the whole Dr. Doom thing.

If the conversation with his sister is any indication, then he believe Doom would kill him. So let me get this straight, you are perfectly aware with Doom's ability to play with power he could not control from the Silver Surfer to the Beyonders, yet you are perfectly willing to go through with this? You've essentially handed over a blank check to Dr. freaking Doom to bend reality as he pleases.

He should be stripped of his powers by issue 4 and thrown in jail for wasting ink.

I have to agree that few writers seem to know what to do with Franklin post Hickman. I thought he got the FF as family perfectly. They weren't treacly sweet. I really miss Future Franklin too, who when we last saw him had told Franklin that the would return to visit him from time to time to teach him about his powers. Franklin could have easily turned into Anthony and start wishing people into the cornfield. But I think the teen years are hard to writer for I guess unless you have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The only thanks I have to zrdrosky is this:
    thank you for keeping this at 4 issues, short and terrible, like a shot of weak scotch
    And I bet you're going to buy issue #4 when it comes out anyway.

Everyone goes nuts over his Daredevil but it just doesn't seem like this one is going to be one of his better works. Still, I'd like to see him on the Fantastic Four instead of Slott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And I bet you're going to buy issue #4 when it comes out anyway.

Everyone goes nuts over his Daredevil but it just doesn't seem like this one is going to be one of his better works. Still, I'd like to see him on the Fantastic Four instead of Slott.
    you bet wrong luv

you bet wrong luv
    we'll see. you know you just love to complain about it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Iron Maiden,wanted to send you a message but it seems your inbox is full

About Franklin: Yes please, lest get a little more adult - teenager Franklin relationship, they would be really terrific together but also very human imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Well that could be a bit too much but mostly yes, I can't accept the "he is just a teenager" excuse to be an ash$#% and stupid, never thought of it as a good excuse since there are a toon of teens who can act responsible and considerate but he is being just stupid.

Valeria could have the excuse that Doom was mostly friendly at her, she actually lived with him and maybe even she didn't know about his worse actions being too young to remember some of them. Franklin NO, he knows perfectly who kind of man he is, he got traumatized for months after some Doom actions, he knows how many times he has put his family in danger, made them suffer and tried to take advantage of them or take advantage of any situation. Still he picks to work with him just because he wants his powers and he wants them now, now, now, don't want to wait until his father finds a safer way, and even accuses him of not working hard enough to get them. He certainly deserves to lost them at least for a while so he can mature a bit and stops defining himself around his powers.

About the rest of the issue the X-men now sucks at diplomacy big time, nice work starting a war in the worst moment, at least they can't blame this on Scott this time, he told them to wait.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Iron Maiden,wanted to send you a message but it seems your inbox is full

About Franklin: Yes please, lest get a little more adult - teenager Franklin relationship, they would be really terrific together but also very human imo.
    Thanks. I just freed up some space.

I like that Sue and Logan have teamed up again for the first time since Age of Ultron, where they both destroyed Space-Time. Logan is just back from his death, and Sue is just back from a prolonged hiatus in the Multiverse. Their reunion was very salty though.

"I save people because it's right you should try it sometime."
    aparently sue storm as the karen she is. forgot all the years mutants and the x-men spent helping people at their own personal expense, but miss baxter building cant come down that pedestal. Terrible series so far unless you're a fantastic four fan
    It’s posturing. Sue is disturbed by the overly confronting pro-X blathering, so she vents. I think Magneto has shown enough he is a compassionate superhero.

considering her past comments of the entire species and the team, im going to assume her bad takes that she spewed in her living room after "karen smash!" the communication device are being continued here:
    she wants the x-men as friendly super heroes that help witout any actual changes to the precarious status quo mutants go trough, wich is mirrored in plenty of real life behaviours of blonde women in yoga pants.
    Can’t say I disagree with you here. Sue does seem to see the X-Nation as arrogant and pushy, but I feel the X-Nation is just being assertive and confident. I think it’s a mistake to see the mutants as neglecting their responsibilities as superheroes, when the Blond, blue-eyed, FF got a cushy ride through life, with no Sentinels chasing them down every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Then they are no longer heroes if they pick and choose who they save. They're soldiers now, that's what you are when you fight for a nation. We all know that the heroes outside of the X-verse don't show up because they are in different franchises. The writers didn't want to use them and X-fans would be upset if a hero from another franchise showed up to save the day. That's the reason. Not some hatred for mutants.
    I think there’s an issue about how to preserve mutants here though. We all know Hickman’s landscape to have a mutant Nation secure in the long term is going to collapse. But as an attempt to construct that secure X-Nation, Hickman’s mutant world has to be lauded. That Sue Richards is venting the unusual circumstance of mutant isolation, is more an indictment against non-mutant superheroes who have never known persecution. I think it’s a bit rich to criticise mutants. It’s like white people telling African Americans to pull their weight in the world, when Whites are persecuting them all the time. Whose the hero? The white persecutors of the struggling African Americans? It’s a similar issue with mutants and non-mutant hero’s.

Amazing Member

Seems ignorant of some people to attribute everything in FF history as being rosy when they have had their fair share of tragedies like Reed having to shut down Franklin when he lost control, Johnny being duped by lyza and having to deal with the tragedy of a child setting himself alight to emulate him, Ben getting his face pulled to such a extent that he had to start wearing a helmet, bearing the guilt of watching Johnny die during the 3 arc, Sue losing Valeria, Reed missing being presumed dead shortly after, not to mention all the trauma that Doom had inflicted on them during unthinkable and other times he has attacked them using doombots and everything he can lay hands on etc. The list goes on. Sure they may not have faced as much prejudice and discrimination as the X Men but they have had their share of hardships just like the rest.