Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She's talking to the man who is literally always putting himself on a pedestal. He literally started this series with talking about how superior he is. Are we just meant to forget that Magneto has been a villain for decades and his permanent change to anti-hero was recent? She was specifically talking to Mags in that convo, because that's who she's beefing in this series.

I'm still shocked no one in the comic has brought up the big Onslaught elephant in the room.
    then why did she speak as "the fantastic four"? she wasnt speaking personally she was comparing her team to the rest of the mutants and her percieved idea they are no longer heroes, wich is immensly hypocritical, entitled and short sighted but thats karen storm I suppose, expecting her type of priveledged super heroics from an entire nation
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-25-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Because Onslaught was an actual accident born after Charles shut down Magnetoīs mind during the fatal attractions crossover, so Magneto canīt be blamed for that honestly, he was literally in a coma during that whole event and only Joseph, his clone, was around to fight Onslaught and Charles released that entity under a moment of pure anger it wasnīt as if he made him on purpose.

But now that we are talking of Onslaught, Susan has yet to give thanks to the X-men for taking care of Franklin while Reed and her where send to another dimension to save them from Onslaught.

Yes Magneto has been pompus, arrogant and unpleasant on this one comic but he has literaly 20 years since the end of HoM to now where he has been an ally of the X-men and indeed helped them save the world a couple of times, not just mutants, I donīt blame Sue for thinking bad of him because she barely knows anything about him at all I just wish Chip at least wrote him in a better way so he was actually an usefil character in the story.
    But it was still an event that negatively effected Franklin that had Xavier and Magneto at it's center. It doesn't make sense for it not to be mentioned in some way. Even as a throwaway line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    then why did she speak as "the fantastic four"? she wasnt speaking personally she was comparing her team to the rest of the mutants and her percieved idea they are no longer heroes, wich is immensly hypocritical, entitled and short sighted but thats karen storm I suppose.
    I don't know who Karen Storm is. Must be a cousin or something, haven't seen a character like that anywhere.

Anyway, she is comparing her team to the man who came spouting superiority and such nonsense. If you want to read it as to the entire mutant race then that's your prerogative I guess. Have at it.

Also personally, I don't think the mutants are heroes anymore (or a good minority metaphor). But that's a different convo for another day.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

But it was still an event that negatively effected Franklin that had Xavier and Magneto at it's center. It doesn't make sense for it not to be mentioned in some way. Even as a throwaway line.

I don't know who Karen Storm is. Must be a cousin or something, haven't seen a character like that anywhere.

Anyway, she is comparing her team to the man who came spouting superiority and such nonsense. If you want to read it as to the entire mutant race then that's your prerogative I guess. Have at it.

Also personally, I don't think the mutants are heroes anymore. But that's a different convo for another day.
    considering her past comments of the entire species and the team, im going to assume her bad takes that she spewed in her living room after "karen smash!" the communication device are being continued here:
    she wants the x-men as friendly super heroes that help witout any actual changes to the precarious status quo mutants go trough, wich is mirrored in plenty of real life behaviours of blonde women in yoga pants.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes it should be referenced given how closely this crossover relates to the way Onslaght tried to kidnap Franklin still I am pretty sure Franklin himself would correct Sue and Reed by talking about how the X-men took care of him when he was left an Orphan and he wasnīt in any way took advantage of during the time he lived with Generation X.

This leads to my other objection of this crossover, the X-men went from looking to heal one of their own in the first FF4 - X-men crossover to "lest convince Franklin to come to Krakoa for his powers" there was no way the X-men would not look bad during this story and this was by design, a shame because I was looking forward to read this, I like the characters and the writer but the premise basically killed the story for me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-25-2020 at 04:44 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

considering her past comments of the entire species and the team, im going to assume her bad takes that she spewed in her living room after "karen smash!" the communication device are being continued here:
    she wants the x-men as friendly super heroes that help witout any actual changes to the precarious status quo mutants go trough, wich is mirrored in plenty of real life behaviours of blonde women in yoga pants.
    Where are these supposed comments on the entire species? The only comment was that X-Men have changed and they have. She was right, they aren't heroes anymore (they aren't even minorities anymore, but again that's a different convo).

Yes it should be referenced given how closely this crossover relates to the way Onslaght tried to kidnap Franklin still I am pretty sure Franklin himself would correct Sue and Reed by talking about how the X-men took care of him when he was left an Orphan and he wasnīt in any way took advantage of during the time he lived with Generation X.
    That's true, but a member of Generation X wasn't knocking on their door. It was Charles and Erik.

BANNED

Where are these supposed comments on the entire species? The only comment was that X-Men have changed and they have. She was right, they aren't heroes anymore (they aren't even minorities anymore, but again that's a different convo).
    they are heroes, just not for humans any longer wich any person wih an ouce of empathy or even basic instrospection wouldn't use as an offense but as a simple fact, consequence of the years of atrocities while every other "hero" had a wolverine or a storm in their teams to increase sales

That's true, but a member of Generation X wasn't knocking on their door. It was Charles and Erik.

I donīt see anything bad with that tbh, I see they say exactly the wrong things in the most cartoonish and dumbed down way possible but them simply going to visit the FF4 is not a crime. If the FF4 were still angry about Onslaught Reed had a lot of iluminati meetings with Charles to discuss the issue directly with him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-25-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

considering the mauraders came with kitty and that new york is a cesspool of danger and that xavier recently was assasinated, it made sense and only 3 went upstairs to the apartment anyways

they are heroes, just not for humans any longer wich any person wih an ouce of empathy or even basic instrospection wouldn't use as an offense but as a simple fact, consequence of the years of atrocities while every other "hero" had a wolverine or a storm in their teams to increase sales
    Then they are no longer heroes if they pick and choose who they save. They're soldiers now, that's what you are when you fight for a nation. We all know that the heroes outside of the X-verse don't show up because they are in different franchises. The writers didn't want to use them and X-fans would be upset if a hero from another franchise showed up to save the day. That's the reason. Not some hatred for mutants.

I donīt see anything bad with that tbh, I see they say exactly the wrong things in the most cartoonish and dumbed down way possible but them simply going to visit the FF4 is not a crime. If the FF4 were still angry about Onslaught Reed had a lot of iluminati meetings with Charles to discuss the issue directly with him.
    They chose the wrong two to go. That choice was only there to escalate things, which was the point of the comic I guess.

Then they are no longer heroes if they pick and choose who they save. They're soldiers now, that's what you are when you fight for a nation. We all know that the heroes outside of the X-verse don't show up because they are in different franchises. The writers didn't want to use them and X-fans would be upset if a hero from another franchise showed up to save the day. That's the reason. Not some hatred for mutants.
    Exactly but by this same token, the X-men donīt just save mutants they tried to keep mutants safe but also keep humans safe from other mutants and other villains, they have never changed this side of them, the only thing that did change was how they go around doing this now that mutants are once again a growing population in the MU who also need help.

They chose the wrong two to go. That choice was only there to escalate things, which was the point of the comic I guess.
    It would not have scalated if all characters involved were written in a less reactionary way, and yes, I guess that was the point of the comic because marvel wanted to go right into conflict , even one that didnīt made much sense and would not exist if the characters who bassically meet recently were writen better.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-25-2020 at 04:55 PM.

BANNED

and two times the writer starts a dialogue and just ends there to make the x-men look terrible (but fails miserably for anyone with any knowledge)
    sue calls the mutants self serving, page cuts.
    doom acuses them of doing what he does, scene changes.
    issue 4 is going to 4 pages of the fantastic four telling muties should just wait until things improve by playing nice, the last page is pure silence while the mutants look down embarassed, xavier opens his mouth and the page cuts

and two times the writer starts a dialogue and just ends there to make the x-men look terrible (but fails miserably for anyone with any knowledge)
    sue calls the mutants self serving, page cuts.
    doom acuses them of doing what he does, scene changes.
    issue 4 is going to 4 pages of the fantastic four telling muties should just wait until things improve by playing nice, the last page is pure silence while the mutants look down embarassed, xavier opens his mouth and the page cuts
    She didn't call mutants self-serving. She was talking about a change in one team. I'm waiting for her apparent comments on mutants as a whole.

BANNED

She didn't call mutants self-serving. She was talking about a change in one team. I'm waiting for her apparent comments on mutants as a whole.
    she makes the comments about krakoa since she speaks of the drug selling tho? she's not making a comment on the x-men only but the island as well, wich is where the majority of mutants live now