Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesnt have a twin. Martinique is her half sister and they have different hair color. It was Regan seen before
    Oh yeah. Thanks, I recall now. I knew they had different colored hair.
    I had forgot they came about because two different writers were using a lady mastermind at pretty much similar times, Claremont in Xtreme and Casey in Uncanny, right or have so got it all confused again??
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 03-26-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I can't help but think there's something more to Thunderbird's appearance. Only Nightcrawler saw him, but everyone else (eventually) spotted Rachel.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I can't help but think there's something more to Thunderbird's appearance. Only Nightcrawler saw him, but everyone else (eventually) spotted Rachel.
    Could be, and, as everyone keeps saying, Hickman does everything for a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Oh yeah. Thanks, I recall now. I knew they had different colored hair.
    I had forgot they came about because two different writers were using a lady mastermind at pretty much similar times, Claremont in Xtreme and Casey in Uncanny, right or have so got it all confused again??
    Yep thats it. Unforunately most writers dont give Martinique much love

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep thats it. Unforunately most writers dont give Martinique much love
    It probably would have been the other way round, but then Carey made Regan an X Man. I've loved her ever since. I'm wondering if Hickamn does have specific plans for her as he is a big fan of Carey's X work, and he's already using the Chidlren to the Vault and Omega Sentinel prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    It probably would have been the other way round, but then Carey made Regan an X Man. I've loved her ever since. I'm wondering if Hickamn does have specific plans for her as he is a big fan of Carey's X work, and he's already using the Chidlren to the Vault and Omega Sentinel prominently.
    Of course he does. Everything he does seems calculated and I dont think he'd have randomly brought her back if there wasnt a plan to do something with her

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue.
    Only Nightcrawler saw Thunderbird because Lady Mastermind was reaching out to him. Everyone saw Rachel eventually because it was the Sidri taking her form.

I do question the wisdom of leaving a Sidri nest to its own devices but...in HiX-Man I trust.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-26-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Only Nightcrawler saw Thunderbird because Lady Mastermind was reaching out to him. Everyone saw Rachel eventually because it was the Sidri taking her form.

I do question the wisdom of leaving a Sidri nest to it's own devices but...in HiX-Man I trust.
    That works, Thunderbird was a projection, by Lady Mastermind and only Kurt saw it
    Rachel was a refinement, using the Sidri themselves to give her projection physical form.

I was amused that the infestation of Sidri had an infestation of their own, Lady Mastermind.
    And they, and their power drive are a huge Plot Point.

The egg theme is becoming very noticeable, in this issue, in the other Giant Sized, in the X-Men and resurrection eggs in Wolverine issue 2.

I do question the wisdom of leaving a Sidri nest to its own devices but...in HiX-Man I trust.
    Perhaps a war is coming and the mutants having the Brood and Sidri as allies will come into play. Oooooh so delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The egg theme is becoming very noticeable, in this issue, in the other Giant Sized, in the X-Men and resurrection eggs in Wolverine issue 2.
    Nanny event cometh...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hickman is great at high concepts and world building, but sometimes it seems like he can't write a simple one-shot.
    This would have been completely pointless if it wasn't for the art. Same as the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hickman is great at high concepts and world building, but sometimes it seems like he can't write a simple one-shot.
    This would have been completely pointless if it wasn't for the art. Same as the first issue.
    LOL....with the exception of the last two issues, each issue of X-men has been a oneshot. I wouldnt say this and the other GS issue were pointless. Its obvious they are the first part of bigger storylines. These are merely setup and only appear as oneshots in isolation

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I feel that this issue is more of a tribute to Alan Davis and the upcoming New Mutants movie.

This storyline is very thin and we do know that Lockheed will also be in the New Mutants movie as Magik's pet. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Nightcrawler wasn't necessary in this issue at all, they should have brought in another New Mutant member like Karma with her psychic skill to detect any nearby mutant.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-27-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

I love how it's all connected. The Sidri were name-dropped in X-Men this month, and now there's a nest on Earth? The egg stolen in the 'pointless' New Mutants-in-space issues is suddenly *hugely* relevant? Wow.

This was cool but it really should've been called Giant Size Doug.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This was cool but it really should've been called Giant Size Doug.
    How about “Somewhat Slightly Larger Than Usual Doug”?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver