Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Actors/Actresses that haven’t aged well…

…but they were still good-looking, in their way. They had something, anyway …

Actually, I want to make a companion thread to caj’s… Some actors, actresses became famous in their old age more than when they were young, they had striking faces, some of them quite craggy and they were still loved…

“A face, he believes, is a piece of sculpture that has taken a lifetime to mold, so it tells more than any actor’s technique possibly could. I’ve watched Fellini work, and he did”
    ― Elia Kazan, Elia Kazan: A Life
    Last edited by Zelena; 01-08-2023 at 08:03 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Bogart was 57 when he died. We never had a chance to see how he would have looked like as an old man. He is 49 or 50 in that pic, as it's from the movie Tokyo Joe (1949).
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 01-08-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Bogart was 57 when he died. We never had a chance to see how he would have looked like as an old man. He is 49 or 50 in that pic, as it's from the movie Tokyo Joe (1949).
    Interesting… Maybe it were his roles as a disenchanted private that gave me the impression of an old man.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I think Angela Lansbury aged very well. She always had a classy pretty look to her. So I am not sure she belongs on here.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-08-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Interesting… Maybe it were his roles as a disenchanted private that gave me the impression of an old man.
    Or the chain smoking that killed him in the end also made him age prematurely.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think Angela Lansbury aged very well. She always had a classy pretty look to her. SO I am not sure she belongs on here.
    I don't either. She was going on 100 when she passed away in 2022 at the age of 96.

I think Angela Lansbury aged very well. She always had a classy pretty look to her. SO I am not sure she belongs on here.
    Oh, the title of the thread just recalled the one from caj’s… it just meant people who have lost their baby face and looked their age.

Oh, the title of the thread just recalled the one from caj’s… it just meant people who have lost their baby face and looked their age.
    Just because a person looks their age doesnt mean they havnt aged well. To me not aged well means looks much older then they are or look worn out, too much make up or plastic surgery to hid flaws and age.

Angela Lansbury did look like an older woman because she was of course an older woman. She looked around her age. But she look like a very pretty well aged person for someone her age.

Just because she was in her 80s and didnt look like she was in her 60s does not mean she didnt age well. People can grow old very gracefully with out looking younger then they are.

The picture of her you posted it not an aged badly picture at all. She looks like a pretty classy older woman not someone that has aged badly.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Just because a person looks their age doesnt mean they havnt aged well. To me not aged well means looks much older then they are or look worn out, too much make up or plastic surgery to hid flaws and age.

Angela Lansbury did look like an older woman because she was of course an older woman. She looked around her age. But she look like a very pretty well aged person for someone her age.

Just because she was in her 80s and didnt look like she was in her 60s does not mean she didnt age well. People can grow old very gracefully with out looking younger then they are.

The picture of her you posted it not an aged badly picture at all. She looks like a pretty classy older woman not someone that has aged badly.
    All right, dumb title… It wasn’t meant to trigger controversies. I can’t change it. Please look past it…

Extraordinary Member

Harrison Ford. Guy was a matinee idol, now he's a very old man with a face that has fallen. Happens.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Harrison Ford. Guy was a matinee idol, now he's a very old man with a face that has fallen. Happens.
    I hope I look half this good at 80.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hope I look half this good at 80.

^^^Haha, same here!

Boisterously Confused

All right, dumb title… It wasn’t meant to trigger controversies. I can’t change it. Please look past it…
    Yeeeaah, no. We all age like ****, no matter how good the surgeon is. A few do it slightly better.

Invincible Member

Pretty sure a similar thread in the TV/Film board was locked last week...

I know I have not aged well. I am 41 and look like I am in my late 50s. Drugs and Rock and Roll kids. They are awesome!