Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

After publicly dogging the CTU for a walkout over a solid testing plan not being in place...

https://abc7chicago.com/lori-lightfo...ayor/11454891/

Mayor Lori Lightfoot tests positive for COVID-19, she says in tweet

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

His mother was a member of one of the oldest Czech folk groups, Asonance. She had wanted to catch Covid so there would be fewer restrictions on her movement, Mr Rek explained.

Two days before she died, she wrote on social media that she was recovering: "Now there will be theatre, sauna, a concert".

On Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.

"In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".

Although she was unvaccinated, Jan Rek stressed that his mother did not believe in some of the more bizarre conspiracy theories about Covid vaccines.

"Her philosophy was that she was more OK with the idea of catching Covid than getting vaccinated. Not that we would get microchipped or anything like that," he said.

Cross posted from The Music News Update by Deathstroke
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Update/page316

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Meat Loaf has passed away.

"I would do anything for love...but I wont' get VAXXED."

Dumbass.

Retired

I think we need to check our inhumanity at the door. People are still human beings deserving of compassion whether they are vaccinated or not. Any life lost is a tragedy. I may not have agreed with any of Herman Cain's politics--he and I had nothing in common but being human--yet I still feel sad whenever I think of him dying because he was too caught up in the lies to protect himself from the virus. The same goes for Meatloaf. He might have died from doing something stupid--but most of the people in my life that have died have passed away from doing something stupid. We all do stupid things. Hate the stupid thing not the person.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 01-25-2022 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Typing errors; corrections in bold.

I love Meatloaf and his music. I dont hate him or anyone who chose not to get the shot and then died. I am not happy about and dont cheer about it. But I also do not shed tears for people who are anti vaxers and refuse to get the shot and then die. The same as I dont feel bad for anyone who does dumb crap and dies. And I would not expect someone to feel sorry for me in that case.

There was a guy in Kentucky in my home town. Thought it would be funny to post a selfie of him pissing on an electric fence. Well while taking his pants off he fell into the fence got shocked had a heart attack and died. Sad because a person died but wont feel sorry for him.

At the end of the day no one person's life as any more value then anyone else's.

My uncle before he passed was a pastor. He did the service about 20 years ago for a local celeb. I said "You must be honored to have been asked to do his service." He asked why. I answered "because of who he is." my Uncle said "At the end of the day he is a dead man I am doing a service for. To God he is a child that has been called home, to scientists he is a mass of dead cells breaking down. It is the living that see him different." That stuck with me. Not sure if he stole it from some where but I like it.

Edit - called and asked him the whole quote.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-24-2022 at 05:02 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Hey, I cry. Lots of things make me cry. Losing another human being makes me cry. It's simple as that. I don't first check my mental processes to see if it's rational to be crying about such things. I break down and cry because that's what I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think we need to check out inhumanity at the door. People are still human beings deserving of compassion whether they are vaccinated or not. Any life lost is a tragedy. I may not have agreed with any of Herman Cain's politics--he and I had nothing in common but being human--yet I still feel sad whenever I think of him dying because he was too caught up in the lies to protect himself from the virus. The same goes for Meatloaf. He might have died from doing something--but most of the people in my life that have died have passed away from doing something stupid. We all do stupid things. Hate the stupid thing not the person.
    Well said brother.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Hey, I cry. Lots of things make me cry. Losing another human being makes me cry. It's simple as that. I don't first check my mental processes to see if it's rational to be crying about such things. I break down and cry because that's what I feel.
    Understand. And for people I know personally I feel that way. But with a stranger or celeb it is easy to think about. I am sad that Meatloaf died in the sense I loved his music and Bat Out Of Hell 2 was the first album I ever bought. I will always listen to and love his music. Outside of that he died of something that a free vaccine had a huge chance of preventing to own the Libs. Well he is owning them from his grave. Im not happy he is dead. Just a Meh he could have prevented it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-24-2022 at 06:48 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I think we need to check out inhumanity at the door. People are still human beings deserving of compassion whether they are vaccinated or not. Any life lost is a tragedy. I may not have agreed with any of Herman Cain's politics--he and I had nothing in common but being human--yet I still feel sad whenever I think of him dying because he was too caught up in the lies to protect himself from the virus. The same goes for Meatloaf. He might have died from doing something--but most of the people in my life that have died have passed away from doing something stupid. We all do stupid things. Hate the stupid thing not the person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well said brother.
    Ditto

Former Washington State Trooper Robert Lamay, who resigned in protest over the vaccine mandate, just died of covid. His last sign off as a Trooper: (Governor) “Jay Inslee can kiss my ass.” His actions were celebrated by the same right wing media machine that now shares responsibility for his death.

Astonishing Member

I think we need to check our inhumanity at the door. People are still human beings deserving of compassion whether they are vaccinated or not. Any life lost is a tragedy. I may not have agreed with any of Herman Cain's politics--he and I had nothing in common but being human--yet I still feel sad whenever I think of him dying because he was too caught up in the lies to protect himself from the virus. The same goes for Meatloaf. He might have died from doing something stupid--but most of the people in my life that have died have passed away from doing something stupid. We all do stupid things. Hate the stupid thing not the person.
    I don't know. Maybe after everything settles down. A lot of the anti-vaxx people don't even want to take precautions to stop the spread of COVID. Would you feel bad for someone that is knowngly spreading AIDS?

The Motown singer and songwriter, R Dean Taylor, has died. Richard was 82. One of the few white artists on the legendary label, he co-wrote and produced the Supremes hit "Love Child".

He died at home on the 7th of January 2022 and had been ill since contracting COVID-19 the previous year.

The U.S. American soul singer. Freddie Hughes, has died. Freddie was 79.

Freddie died from leukemia and Covid-19 complications.

During his career, Freddie collaborated with many artists, including Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Etta James, and Ike and Tina Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well said brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ditto

Cosigned.
    May everyone listed above rest in peace.

Justin Trudeau says he's tested COVID-19 positive
    https://thehill.com/policy/internati...id-19-positive
    Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Monday that he tested positive for COVID-19.

Trudeau said he is “feeling fine” and will work remotely this week. He also urged his Twitter followers to get vaccinated and boosted against the virus.

“This morning, I tested positive for COVID-19. I’m feeling fine — and I’ll continue to work remotely this week while following public health guidelines. Everyone, please get vaccinated and get boosted,” Trudeau wrote on Twitter.

Trudeau is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus and received his booster shot earlier this month.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!