Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Covid test returns Czech president to hospital hours after discharge
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...zeman-hospital

Bryan Adams Remains Hospitalized In Italy After Testing Positive For Covid Again – Update
    https://deadline.com/2021/11/bryan-a...ly-1234880759/

Adams also tested positive Oct. 30 when he had to pull out from his scheduled appearance at Tina Turner’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony where he was to perform a medley of songs including “It’s Only Love,” which is a duet between Adams and Turner from his 1984 album.

A rep for Adams at the time said that the musician is fully vaccinated and showed no symptoms.

It is unclear whether the latest positive test is a result of so-called shedding of the coronavirus, which results in those affected continuing to test positive for a long time beyond the period when they are contagious.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Just read that Lalisa from Blackpink tested positive for Covid-19. The rest of the group (Jisoo, Jennie and Rose) got tested even though they were not listed as 'close contact'. Results not given but Rose has postponed a few appearances for caution just in case.

Lebron James tests positive for covid-19, will miss several games
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/30/lebro...ety-protocols/

LeBron James tested positive for COVID-19 this afternoon using a lateral flow test. James was given a follow-up PCR test to confirm the diagnosis. However, that test came back negative. LeBron was then given a third tie-breaker test ... which came back positive.

We're told the team has chartered a private jet so Bron can fly back to Los Angeles in a safe manner.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Oh, and Bayern München and German national team football star Joshua Kimmich tested positive.

He infamously refused the vaccine, stating he wanted to wait for more "long-term effects research."

He now runs the risk of all kinds of career ending long-term effects of the covid infection, from lung damage to "covid toe."
    Update: While Kimmich is now testing negative, he is still struggling with the after effects of the infection, like liquid in his lungs, so he cannot return to training or playing. He is out , at the very least, until the end of the first round of the season in a few weeks.

Edit: And the media report that he will now get vaccinated after all. As we say in Germany: now that the child has fallen down the well.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 12-12-2021 at 04:37 AM.

I guess Omicron will kick this thread into high gear:

Fully vaccinated and boostered Senators Booker and Warren.

Republican Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, also triple vaccinated.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The important thing is that Booker, Warren and Hogan, all fully vaccinated with their booster shot are only sick, not in an ICU and fighting for life like unvaccinated people who contract the virus. That fact can’t be emphasized enough.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hugh Jackman tests positive for coronavirus as Broadway’s ‘The Music Man’ cancels performances

Australian actor Hugh Jackman, who currently stars in the Broadway musical “The Music Man,” told fans Tuesday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus and was experiencing mild symptoms.

“I just wanted you to hear it from me,” a masked Jackman told his 30 million Instagram followers. “I tested positive this morning for covid. My symptoms are like a cold ... but I’m fine," he said, adding he had a sore throat and runny nose.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I think with his healing factor he should be fine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think with his healing factor he should be fine.
    You just beat me to that, darn it!

LL Cool J Tests Positive For Covid, Cancels Performance On ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest’
    https://deadline.com/2021/12/ll-cool...st-1234902654/

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You just beat me to that, darn it!
    Babyblob is not afraid of grabbing the low hanging fruit!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Lisa Boothe, a FoxNews contributor who was considered as the replacement for John McCain's Daughter on The View - until she made clear that she would refuse to get vaccinated - has, of course, come down with covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Lisa Boothe, a FoxNews contributor who was considered as the replacement for John McCain's Daughter on The View - until she made clear that she would refuse to get vaccinated - has, of course, come down with covid-19.

Karma came knocking on her door, and, predictably, she opened that door WIDE!

Whoopi Goldberg Tests Positive for COVID-19, 'The View' Returns to Virtual Tapings
    https://www.et***********/whoopi-gol...tapings-177194

The View started 2022 with a virtual show after Whoopi Goldberg tested positive for COVID-19. On Monday, co-host Joy Behar shared the news with viewers.

“Why am I here instead of Whoopi?” she said. “Well, Whoopi unfortunately tested positive over the break, but she’ll be back probably next week. But since she’s vaxxed and boosted, the symptoms have been very, very mild but we’re being super cautious here at The View."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez took a trip to Florida and brought back Covid as a souvenir.