Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Retired

Marianne Faithful

Andy Cohen

Jackson Browne

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Pastor Landon Spradlin, a somewhat famous conservative blues musician and missionary, passed away from Covid-19. Even when he was already ill, he shared a meme on his facebook page about Democrats exaggerating the threat of the virus to harm Trump.

Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 04-06-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Last edited by Tami; 04-06-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Boris Johnson, PM of England.
    Earlier today, Johnson was hospitalized. Breaking news right now: He was moved to intensive care.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Earlier today, Johnson was hospitalized. Breaking news right now: He was moved to intensive care.
    I heard his fiance, who is pregnant, has it too.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I heard his fiance, who is pregnant, has it too.
    That’s sad. I suspect she must be wondering if the virus can be passed to her unborn child.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hal Willner, Film and TV Music Producer, Dies at 64

The 'Saturday Night Live' staffer apparently contracted the coronavirus.

Retired

Allen Garfield has died from COVID-19. A great character actor--you might not know the name, but you'd know the face, because he was in so many things.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Juan Giménez, Argentinian comics legend and creator of the Metabarons comic book series among other achievements, has passed away at age 76 from covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Rip, Mr Giménez…

Ouch, cuts deep.
    His work was a technical and powerful force of nature.
    RIP.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-08-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Soul/Gospel crooner Bebe Winans (brother of Cece) tested positive, along with his elderly mother and his brother.

Hillary was right!

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Tests Positive For Coronavirus

George Stephanopoulos, a co-host of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” said Monday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.

The veteran political correspondent, who also hosts ABC’s “This Week” on Sundays, announced his diagnosis on “Good Morning America.” He said he’s asymptomatic and feeling “fine.”

“I actually feel great,” Stephanopoulos said on the show. “I’ve never had a fever, never had cough, never had shortness of breath, never had chills ― any of the classic symptoms that you’ve been reading about.”

His wife, actress Ali Wentworth, announced earlier this month that she had tested positive for the virus.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's the instances of people who are asymptomatic that concerns me. Like Stephanopoulos, I feel perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean I don't have that virus in me. Heck, NOBODY who's shown no symptoms can't be sure unless they get tested.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's the instances of people who are asymptomatic that concerns me. Like Stephanopoulos, I feel perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean I don't have that virus in me. Heck, NOBODY who's shown no symptoms can't be sure unless they get tested.
    Thats why California counties (like mine) require masks when out in public. Asymptomatic people are still contagious.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thats why California counties (like mine) require masks when out in public. Asymptomatic people are still contagious.
    That's fine if the state is giving you masks to wear--and as long as they're not masks needed by health care and essential workers--but what bugs me is all the masks here sold out months ago--so when I see people wearing these masks now I'm wondering how they got them. It would be impossible for me to find one now--and I'd have to go all over the city to search for them, which seems much more risky. I just use a bandanna or a scarf--not that I'm ever going near anyone that this would be necessary. I'm Mr. Monk from now on.

---

Passed from COVID-19.

Scream queen Hilary Heath.

Italian film star Lucia Bosé

Playwright Terence McNally

Evangelical Pastor Bishop Gerald O. Glenn Who Said He’d Hold Services Unless He Was in Jail or Hospital Dies Of COVID-19

During that March service, Glenn said, “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed.”

He also told his congregation that he would hold services, “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

The church announced Sunday on their Facebook page, “It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved Bishop Gerald O. Glenn.” Glenn has succumbed to COVID-19

Glenn’s daughter, Marcietia, hopes people can learn a lesson from this situation. She told WRTV, “I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

Hillary was right!